Habs cut seven plays including Roy

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I’m a Roy fan, but he showed no urgency this camp. The bad pass to Newhook on the PP that led to the Pinto SH goal was so emblematic of his camp.

Reactions: BLONG7

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
He has played pretty well at times. We are so deep at D I just don't see him having a chance here.
Whoops. I was trying to comment on Trudeau. Don't know what I did. Roy will have his fair shot in Montreal, I have belief he will work hard in Laval.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
Laugh of the day “ on est en avance sur notre plan collectif”
:biglaugh:Keep telling yourself that Marty if it helps.Unless something drastically changes during regular season play it pretty much looked like the same sloppy unstructured game plan as last year and badly outcoached on most nights.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
I wonder what happens when Laine comes back. Who rotates out so he can rotate in? I doubt Harvey-Pinard stays with the Habs - probably gets waived to Laval. Reinbacher goes to Laval, no problem there. Tuch probably goes to Laval too although I'd like to see him get rewarded with a game or two before that happens.

I guess it depends on how well guys are playing. Kapanen, Heineman and Beurre-Poulet have spots right now but they all now have to show more than Dvorak or some of the other more solidified vets and force the brass to make trades, else they're Laval-bound.

Halakitlikethat

Oct 10, 2013
British Columbia
It’s good they are not just handing roster spots to young guys before they have earned it like some of this fanbase wants. It’s the same reason I think they need to go out and get a top 4 RD after Savard leaves.

Reactions: Habby4Life

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I don't think Roy needed to do much to secure a spot on the opening roster. Without considering his camp perfomance, I'd have to put this in the surprise category.

Reactions: Rapala

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
roster cuts aside, I’m not hopeful at all with this team.
Special teams are so atrocious that it’s what’s gonna keep habs at the bottom of the division
nothing, but you will be attacked for stating the obvious. We are a bottom 5 team, we need one more year of failure

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
We all know Gallagher and Anderson should have made that list also.
We have afew vets, who we are attached to, who need to be better. Both of these guys need to be better. Let's not even take in their cap hits, which neither deserve........they simply need to be better.
Let's hope MSL can define a role for both................

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
I'm kind of surprised that Beurre-Poulet made the team. And yes, I made this post because I wanted to show off my newest stupid nickname for a Habs player. I love this one even if it's... stupid. And backwards.
I hear he orders Indian on game nights.

Last edited:

Jul 6, 2016
nothing, but you will be attacked for stating the obvious. We are a bottom 5 team, we need one more year of failure
Too bad, but yes. We have supbar offense, defence and goalies. No PP, and weak PK. Hutson will be the only new bright light if he can survive a full season of NHL trips and games. I am not convinced yet that St-Louis is a NHL caliber coach. Good for P.R. but very underwhelming behind a bench.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Laugh of the day “ on est en avance sur notre plan collectif”
:biglaugh:Keep telling yourself that Marty if it helps.Unless something drastically changes during regular season play it pretty much looked like the same sloppy unstructured game plan as last year and badly outcoached on most nights.
MSL needs the not so Special Teams, get get with the program quickly.

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
Too bad, but yes. We have supbar offense, defence and goalies. No PP, and weak PK. Hutson will be the only new bright light if he can survive a full season of NHL trips and games. I am not convinced yet that St-Louis is a NHL caliber coach. Good for P.R. but very underwhelming behind a bench.
MSL runway has gotten a lot shorter. It’s time we see improvement on the PP&PK, some sort of D zone structure, etc.

Reactions: 1909 and BLONG7

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
roster cuts aside, I’m not hopeful at all with this team.
Special teams are so atrocious that it’s what’s gonna keep habs at the bottom of the division
I don’t see it going bad for too long before they hire someone for the PP. Honestly though, once the season starts, they won’t be as bad.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Is Puckpedia reliable? They have Kapanen and Heineman as non-roster.

They are slower than their predecessor, give them a day or two.

It’s good they are not just handing roster spots to young guys before they have earned it like some of this fanbase wants. It’s the same reason I think they need to go out and get a top 4 RD after Savard leaves.

Well someone had to be cut, simply because Gally and Anderson actually exist.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
MSL runway has gotten a lot shorter. It’s time we see improvement on the PP&PK, some sort of D zone structure, etc.
There are some expectations this year, and MSL is responsible for systems and coaching, so it will be interesting how he handles it all.
They have added, Dach, Hutson, ABB, and Kap. Laine should be a nice Christmas present.
So, the GM has given him some new stuff to work with.
Still surprised they did not add a new Asst to the bench.....and X's and O's guy.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002

After 3 decades we are still looking for 2 Centers, a goalie, size and grit. You can't make this shit up. Worked in 93, so they blow it up and go for small speedy forwards. Worked in the lockout season, so they blow it all up and go in another direction. Do you think management sees this? Or do you think they believe Slaf, Dach Laine are enough and the bottom lines can just get thumped for another year? If they could rejuvinate Anderson, that big body, show Armia how to hit.. but the rest are just spare parts.

Frustrating, I think we are in for another injury prone year and it won't be a secret as to why

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
So is anyone going to miss Harris, Kovacevic, Pearson, Ylonen???

4 less softies /20. Its huge.

X, Strubs, Pezz, Heineman bring much more grit.

Haters gonna hate lfg

1000008957.jpg

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I would had kept Kovacevic as #7 d-man
And what play Struble or Xhekaj in Laval?
They were never going trade or put JB on waivers.
My guess is they felt Jayden Struble just brings more to the table particularly if he can play that right side.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad