Pre-Game Talk: 10/8 GAME 1 (Approximately 7:15 PM) - Season 101 Begins - ESPN, ESPN+, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
I’m glad it’s in Florida and they have to watch the Stanley Cup banner being raised. Will piss them off. If we had lost in the Final it would have been crushing, but losing in the second round should give them the ideal amount of anger to motivate them. Now go get your own boys!!!!

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I’m glad it’s in Florida and they have to watch the Stanley Cup banner being raised. Will piss them off. If we had lost in the Final it would have been crushing, but losing in the second round should give them the ideal amount of anger to motivate them. Now go get your own boys!!!!
should be electric atmosphere for the home team with a crowd of 9,000, half of those being B`s fans

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
I don't know what to expect honestly. This team never really figured out lines. First few games I hope chemistry is developed. Gonna need someone other than Pasta to score. Secondary scoring is going to be key here.

And maybe one day, our power play will work properly
I think the good news story is that all of our issues are confined to the second line. We need at least one more high scoring forward.

The rest of the lineup is rock solid.

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
The Panthers' banner-raising will be interesting, as a good chunk of players from last year are gone.

Might be some emotion between competitors, as Elias Lindholm and Matthew Tkachuk were linemates with Johnny Gaudreau in Calgary when Johnny Hockey had his career year.

Korpisalo looked fine in pre-season, but none of that matters now.

The Bruins have gotten off to tremendous starts in recent years, but this might be the season that starts off bumpy.

I feel like you might be right. I haven't been able to see too much of this pre-season, but as far as I can tell, my sense is that the team is coming into the regular season quite under-done. Thankfully Sway is now signed but will surely take a little while to get up to speed, injuries and illness have limited the ice-time of the likes of Poitras, Marchand, E Lindholm and Jones, the best composition of the middle 6 remains largely unknown, the modified defense I feel is going to take a while yet to properly gel, unless you still count Poitras no kids have had a real breakthrough camp or frankly even close to it to give the team a boost, and scoring goals looks for all the world like it's going to be a problem at least initially.

BUT it's October, and that's ok. If the Bruins are a little behind where they normally are at this point it's not necessarily such a bad thing. It's a long season, plenty of time to sort things out. Can't drop too many early points, but don't want to peak too soon either. The struggle and journey are what make most of the great teams. So while there are some concerns, we just need to be patient and see how they play out. Would never bet against a Monty-managed team, the guy just knows how to win games, at least in the regular season. All may be well right from the starting gun after all. If not, we'll see what they're made of in battling their way upwards.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aeroforce

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's
Last time we watched a team raise the banner, the Caps stomped us a million - 0 or something like that. Hoping for a much different result.

I CAN'T f***ING WAIT FOR HOCKEY

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad