Pre-Game Talk: 10/24 - Game 6 - Bears in the Windy City - Bruins @ Chicago - 8:30pm ET, ESPN, 98.5FM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
There will be no besmerching of Uncle Nick. I only wish my dad could have seen him play for the Bruins because he really liked his game.

Foligno is a consummate professional and a damn good player in his prime and an even better guy off the ice. Any team is better if he's on it. His career stats speak for themselves.

He's not on the B's any more and reached out to Monty after his mom passed to leave his condolences. Monty got very emotional recalling that before opening night. That speaks volumes of what kind of person he is.

We were damn lucky to have him on the Bruins. I wish it had ended better.
Yeah, I wasn't a fan of his play at all, but you absolutely cannot dog his character. He's a damn good dude.

HooperDrivesTheBoat

2010-2011 CHAMPS!!!
May 29, 2007
LINY
See 2022-2023 Boston Bruins, best record in NHL history.

I love 7:30 AM Premier League soccer on Saturdays.

Should be having tea, but being a typical American, its coffee with the game.

Same. Saturday and Sunday mornings, PL from 7:30 until noon. I’m relatively new to the PL (about 6-7 years) but spending time in England made me appreciate that part of their culture.

As to not derail the thread, Go Bruins!!!

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

I will post it around 3 PM ET

I have to digest lunch in Chicago

1698166712234.png

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

The Bruins are three games into a four-game road trip, and they have plenty to write home about.

They improved to 5-0-0 on the season with a 3-1 victory at Anaheim Sunday, which completed a three-game California sweep and extended their season-opening undefeated run to the second-longest in team history. Only the 1937-38 Bruins (6-0-0) had a better start.

Sunday’s star was 19-year-old rookie Matthew Poitras, who scored his first two career goals in the third period to tie and win the game. Only four Bruins have recorded their first multi-goal game at a younger age over the past 30 years, including the team’s current leading scorer, David Pastrnak.

The Bruins will make their next stop tonight in the Windy City, where they’ll take on vaunted rookie Connor Bedard and the Blackhawks for the second time this season.

The Blackhawks have lost four of their last five games, dating back to a 3-1 loss to the Bruins at TD Garden Oct. 11. Bedard was Chicago’s lone scorer in that game.

Here’s your preview:

When: Tuesday, 8:30 p.m.

Where: United Center, Chicago

TV, radio: ESPN, WBZ-FM 98.5

Line: Boston -245. Over/under: 6.0.

Bruins​

Season record: 5-0-0. Vs. spread: 4-1. Over/under: 1-4

Last 10 games: 7-3-0. Vs. spread: 6-4. Over/under: 5-5

Blackhawks​

Season record: 2-4-0. Vs. spread: 3-3. Over/under: 1-5

Last 10 games: 3-6-1. Vs. spread: 5-5. Over/under: 5-5

Season to date​

Goals scored: Boston 16, Chicago 14

Goals allowed: Boston 7, Chicago 18

Power play: Boston 16.7 percent, Chicago 7.4 percent

Penalty minutes: Boston 58, Chicago 62

Penalty kill: Boston 95.5 percent, Chicago 83.3 percent

Faceoffs won: Boston 49.5 percent, Chicago 37.0 percent

Stat of the day: Goaltenders Linus Ullmark and Jeremy Swayman, who have been instrumental in the Bruins’ start, have save percentages of .962 and .943, respectively. Ullmark has started three games this season.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Should be a fun game, I’m excited to hear all about Connor Bedard again.

And does anyone else feel like the Hall & Carlo thing is more about Hall being injury prone than Carlo? I love Taylor, but seriously.
It was a freak accident. The guys loved Hall and Carlo would never intentionally hurt someone.

Swaymans turn? Asking for my fantasy league :p
That's what it looks like

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
There's zero reason to switch the rhythm right now, no issues with them going to Swayman especially when they've seen Ullmark already.

If they go this route, I hope they continue it during the post season, too.

Reactions: Gordoff

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Really wish Looch was able to play tonight with the possibility of someone taking a run at a B over the Carlo incident. Hopefully Nick told the team that Carlo is as close to a choir boy as they come in the NHL and nothing stupid will happen.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad