GDT: (10/17/2022)- Game 4 - New York Rangers vs Anaheim Ducks - 7pm EST, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
This is GDT + PGT.
Oh, no wonder.

And on your point between the difference of this year and last,.... I think the fact that Gallant is not a first-year coach any longer is huge. No new system, no new coaches, Kids had another year to grow are huge differences between the start of this season and last year's start.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
BTW,

You're the only person I ever heard of say that 3 in 4 nights with travel doesn't make a difference. And besides that, the Rangers outplayed the Jets and ran into a hot goalie and had their backup in the net. Losses to teams you're better than happen even if you want to magically discount 3 games in 4 nights with travel.

The Penguins just lost to Montreal and Toronto just lost to Arizona after losing to Montreal.
These guys travel in better and more relaxing style then we have in our own homes. Travel is all relative, nyr travel is a joke. They are beyond 1st class.

They made hellybucks game easy. They didn't crash or do dirty work. He played great but they played like shit in all honesty.

Pitt is an old team that isnt as skilled as it once was, or even near as good quote frankly. And I actually think the leafs may miss the playoffs this year. They are a complete mess with no defense and cobbled together goaltending. They are about as fragile a team as there is in the NHL right now. Matthews looks disinterested amd they have a shit storm brewing there.

Again I said skill SHOULD dominate structure, I never said it ALWAYS does. Wording does matter...

Last edited:
Reactions: duhmetreE and Ola

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Vesey looks like he answered your Uber request

Those guys look like they're headed somewhere to meet up with their old teammates
That fact the he still took the time to do this while waiting at the light was very cool of him. I said welcome back home and he thanked me. He was very nice. The Ducks players were cool too. Wish I noticed Trevor Zegras but still was able to get Strome and Shattenkirk and one of my friends got Frank Vatrano. Fun times tonight

Reactions: will1066

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
At least Strome did enough to get a tribute video. I don’t think Shattenkirk had enough highlights with the Rangers to fill a single commercial break.

I am still waiting for the first ironic tribute video. One for Nemeth when he returns that perhaps starts with a good play or two, but then just big blunders and the garden crowd going nuts.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
These guy travel in better and more relaxing style then we have in our own homes. Travel is all relative, nyr travel is a joke. They are beyond 1st class.

They make hellybucks game easy. They didn't crash or do dirty work. He played great but they played like shit in all honesty.

Pitt is an old team that isnt as skilled as it once was, or even near as good quote frankly. And I actually think the leafs may miss the playoffs this year. They are a complete mess with no defense and cobbled together goaltending. They are about as fragile a team as there is in the NHL right now. Matthews looks disinterested amd they have a shit storm brewing there.

Again I said skill SHOULD dominate structure, I never said it ALWAYS does. Wording does matter...

Honestly, I have been saying this for years. Given how TML's roster is structured in terms of extremely much money going to a handful of players -- its a not incompetence by management to not win the Cup or even go deep in the POs, its brilliance to just get into the POs year after year. Every year 1/3 of the roster is turned over and filled by cheap journeymen. Zero consistency on the blueline.

Reactions: bleedblue94

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I am still waiting for the first ironic tribute video. One for Nemeth when he returns that perhaps starts with a good play or two, but then just big blunders and the garden crowd going nuts.

we all know and are gonna want the next tribute video will be vs Nils Lundkvist and the Stars. Showing how he grew from being drafted 😂

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Honestly, I have been saying this for years. Given how TML's roster is structured in terms of extremely much money going to a handful of players -- its a not incompetence by management to not win the Cup or even go deep in the POs, its brilliance to just get into the POs year after year. Every year 1/3 of the roster is turned over and filled by cheap journeymen. Zero consistency on the blueline.
And if dubas isn't the guy you want to give an extension to before this season then he shouldn't be the guy you want to extend after the season regardless of what they do. You know he outlook, you know what he brings, you either want it or you don't. Lame duck GM and coach are horrible situations for teams. I also wonder if dubas wants to fire Keefe can he? Or will he think that leads to his own dismissal? It's a mess there.

Reactions: Ola and Tob

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Why do we have both this and the PGT going? Makes it a very annoying way to discuss the game

There’s really no reason to make a whole new thread. It makes it hard to reply to people from earlier when the thread gets locked.

Anyway Rangers dominated. Shesty was off, but it’s a good sign they can still win games when Shesty is playing crappy.

Reactions: EEL

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
These guys travel in better and more relaxing style then we have in our own homes. Travel is all relative, nyr travel is a joke. They are beyond 1st class.

They made hellybucks game easy. They didn't crash or do dirty work. He played great but they played like shit in all honesty.

When we beat a contender and dominate 5 on 5, and it’s said contenders 3rd in 4 nights but we’re coming off a few days off, I’m certain you’ll be hedging then as well urging caution because we were rested and they were tired.

3 in 4 nights matters even though everyone does it. 3rd period energy and legs feel it. Practice doesn’t burn energy like a game and these are human beings, some of whom are still becoming men. Even mentally it becomes difficult to maintain structure and discipline. Any minor disadvantage like that makes a difference because teams are so evenly matched.

We got our shit kicked in against crappy teams early last year and were bailed out by Igor. Now we kick the shit in on crappy teams, it’s definitely something to build off of. Structure should improve as the season goes on, just like it did last year.

• Haha
Reactions: bleedblue94

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Pour one out for Ryan Strome who just experienced the sports equivalent of seeing your ex happier and thriving with a new beau.

Reactions: duhmetreE

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Not much to say
Offence looks great
Could help Igor more on D but they know that
They tend to not push as hard W the big leads
Vesey sits for Carpenter next game I bet

Reactions: ohbaby
Status
Not open for further replies.