Pre-Game Talk: 10/13 7 PM - Game #1 BRUINS at Columbus - NESN, WBZ-FM 98.5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Can't believe we're going into the season with this defense. I mean, I'd love one of the young guys to blow the doors off but there's a huge risk of another year of Bergeron/Marchand/Krejci's prime being wasted.

BigBadBruins63*

I can't wait for Brandon Carlo to drop his gloves with someone, and assert his dominance.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
The only injury that hurts is Bergeron, anyway. Kevan? Nope. Adam? Definitely Nope. Austin? Back already, it seems.

Don't forget about Vatrano. Not a Bergy-level injury obviously, but still significant IMO especially given the timetable.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Have lines been confirmed for today?

Call me crazy...but I'd be excited to see Marchand | DK | Pasta ;)

Marchand | DK | Pasta
Belesky | Spooner | Backes
Heinen | Nash | Hayes
Schaller | Moore | Acciari

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

Marchand | DK | Pasta
Heinen | Nash | Hayes

Tough to look at those forward lines and then remember that the defense is the team's biggest weakness.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012

Marchand | DK | Pasta
Heinen | Nash | Hayes

Based on yesterday's lines, I don't think you're going to get your wish. Backes was centering Marchand and Pasta.

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
I am usually excited for the season to start but not this year. I know (despite Jeremy Jacobs not knowing) this team isnt close to a Cup contending team and that stinks. At best the squeak into playoffs and make a round in playoffs. I will still support this team but expectations are low.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
You really wont want to see that. Go check out some of his fights from the CHL.

I watched all 10 of his fights over the last 3 seasons (had seen some before), and in fairness to Carlo, his four fights in 2013-14, he was 16-17 years old and fought veteran WHL guys.

I don't want Carlo fighting a lot, but after watching the fights, I would say that he has the tools, he just needs to learn how to fight. Technique and balance are his major downfalls. Once he puts on weight and matures, he will be a nasty customer and I doubt many people will want to mess with him.

This year he may have to stick up for himself a bit, so hopefully McQuaid has tutored him a bit :D

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I am usually excited for the season to start but not this year. I know (despite Jeremy Jacobs not knowing) this team isnt close to a Cup contending team and that stinks. At best the squeak into playoffs and make a round in playoffs. I will still support this team but expectations are low.

I am real excited to see the young guys grow this year, and not nearly as down on the team as you are. Other than TB, nobody in the B's division scares me.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
AR-150129737.jpg&q=80&stamp=&maxw=720

"It's all brand new and shiny."
This is the bestest day of the year. New season, new beginning nothing but promise. Ton of kids on the roster, hoping for an uptempo, fast based game. Drop the puck already!!

YEAH HOCKEY TIME! :hockey:

(Yeah! My hero & enabler, Bob Wilson!)

GO :bruinss!

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
I am real excited to see the young guys grow this year, and not nearly as down on the team as you are. Other than TB, nobody in the B's division scares me.

I hope I am wrong. Missed playoffs last year and I think the roster is worse on paper. Loss of Loui is going to sting. Love Backes though. Defensive issues were there last year and that area wasnt addressed sufficiently and Chara is a year older. We will see - hopefully some young guys step up.

BigBadBruins63*

Czarnik is going tonight, i thought.

Marchand -- Backes -- Pastrnak
Spooner -- Krejci -- Heinen
Beleskey -- Czarnik -- Hayes
Acciari -- Moore -- Nash

?

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I don't want to see Carlo fighting that not his Job but our two enforcers are Injured at this point

The Bruins don't have enforcers.

I'm interested to see what the lines look like later today. Columbus is a pretty physical team, i think. However, i don't find them too threatening.

Hopefully the Bruins pot a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad