GDT: 10/11/24 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Carolina

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Tampa beating Hurricanes on and off the ice let's go! Vasi was huge. 5on5 start was great though they faded a bit but the power play is still good
I don't disagree, but I'd also keep in mind that we ran the same PP unit for like five years straight. It's probably is muscle memory to anyone who plays PK that you need to have 91 covered at all times. In a month or two I don't think Point can expect to have nearly as much time in the slot as he did in that goal.

Reactions: Outl4w

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
The most encouraging take away from this game for me was Vasy and Kuch as they both looked like they're still capable of carrying the rest of the team. Hopefully they won't have to the whole season, but they did tonight.

We gave up a lot of high quality scoring chances that they either missed on or Vasy made great saves. Moneypuck had the Canes with a 56% deserve to win and up until the last empty goal Kuch scored, had the Canes with a 3.52 expected goals vs our 2.64. Not a great game for us, but we got the win on the road.

McD no doubt contributed to our strong PK performance, but he also had multiple mistakes than led to some of the scoring chances against. Moser looked solid and Perbix thankfully looks better than he was last year.

I'm very glad Geekie made the team. Even in his limited ice time you can see he is someone on the lower lines who can do something with scoring opportunities. Looking forward to seeing more of him.

Connor Sheary's comeback is not off to a good start, getting scratched before he even plays a game? He better start making an impression before Eyssimont gets healthy.
We won because we sat that bum sheary. Cirelli had a solid two way game but still isn't living up to his big raise. Good 3c make about 4 to 5 million.

Reactions: Tampa22

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I don't disagree, but I'd also keep in mind that we ran the same PP unit for like five years straight. It's probably is muscle memory to anyone who plays PK that you need to have 91 covered at all times. In a month or two I don't think Point can expect to have nearly as much time in the slot as he did in that goal.
Idk, teams have made it a point (no pun intended) to take him away as an option in recent years. I think he’ll be fine.

Reactions: Renopucker

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Nice road win. Hope everyone is safe. Prayers for all those affected by Milton or Helene.

We stayed and rode it out. Never lost power. We have 3 sets of family members now living with us along with 3 dogs. We're FULL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad