GDT: 10/11/14 - Minnesota @ Colorado - 8pm CDT/4am Suomi - FSNorth/Altitude

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I wish the league would punish intent instead of the result.

"Yeah, you tried to behead the guy, but luckily you missed. No suspension." :p:

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere

Pretty much. And I don't think he's a repeat offender so probably won't see anything but a fine.

I'm more upset at Roy making childish comments and wanting to retaliate

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN

I think that would start to become a slippery slope. I mean, in some cases, it could be pretty hard to judge intent.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I think that would start to become a slippery slope. I mean, in some cases, it could be pretty hard to judge intent.

I see what you mean, but at least in cases like this:

Cullen.gif

It's pretty clear to me what EJ wanted to do there.

Pretty much. And I don't think he's a repeat offender so probably won't see anything but a fine.

I'm more upset at Roy making childish comments and wanting to retaliate

Agreed. I lost respect for Roy because of his childish tantrums. I mean, sending your facepunchers to the ice with 3 seconds remaining? Yeah, no.

MNWILDFAN001

Jul 2, 2010
Minnesota
It's was great road game for the Wild. Colorado can have all the size and whatever. We still outplayed them the last 8 out of 9 games we played them.

I'd rather have it than not. I think it's an advantage. Not enough to make you win. But I think it's what kept the Wild from playing as well as they can. Like I said it can take it's toll. Players avoid playing the puck or making a good pass so they can jump out of the way of a check.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Avs fans in their post game thread are insufferable about the Johnson thing. Claiming he did nothing wrong and Haula is an incredible actor.

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
Avs fans in their post game thread are insufferable about the Johnson thing. Claiming he did nothing wrong and Haula is an incredible actor.

Put lipstick on a pig it's still a pig. The moment Cooke kneed Barrie I thought he deserved to be suspended and Barrie's injury didn't change my thoughts.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012

Exactly. Haula's astuteness shouldn't factor in. Landeskog and Co. should realize the Wild aren't going to play those games anymore. Totally professional team are the Wild.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Exactly. Haula's astuteness shouldn't factor in. Landeskog and Co. should realize the Wild aren't going to play those games anymore. Totally professional team are the Wild.

We employ Matt Cooke. :laugh:

Remember how much the majority of our fanbase hated Cooke before (and immediately following) his signing? I'm just glad we have him on our team.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
NHL disciplines by the injury, not the action, so I didn't really expect anything further since Haula ended up ok.

At least they didn't give Johnson a chance to target anyone else the rest of the game.

What a load of bull ****. Johnson did his very best to take Haula's head off and because he missed the league does nothing? What a joke.

And what about Roy trying to goon it up with 3 seconds left and his comments? I suppose the league won't do anything about that either because the petulant little brat is one of the leagues golden children.

Sending him out in OT of Game 7 a loser both as a goalie in 2003 and a coach last year are very satisfying. He deserves to have his heart torn out of him like that repeatedly until he actually grows up.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
What a load of bull ****. Johnson did his very best to take Haula's head off and because he missed the league does nothing? What a joke.

And what about Roy trying to goon it up with 3 seconds left and his comments? I suppose the league won't do anything about that either because the petulant little brat is one of the leagues golden children.

Sending him out in OT of Game 7 a loser both as a goalie in 2003 and a coach last year are very satisfying. He deserves to have his heart torn out of him like that repeatedly until he actually grows up.

Ain't that the truth.

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014

I think Bordeleau's obvious intent to knee Spurgeon in the playoffs is a perfect example.

edit: after watching the last game it wouldn't surprise me that Roy sent him out with the purpose to do just that. I had believed him when he said it was all behind them.

Last edited:

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
Some observations from the game which I finally got to sit down and watch today:

Parise looks like a man playing without fear. He seemed gassed towards the end of the game, but he's playing at a crazy level right now.

Carter is a bit of a question mark for me. He's taken some stupid penalties so far, but it's too early to give up on him yet.

Koivu and Pominville look a bit off right now for whatever reason.

Kuemper looks great so far.

The Wild were the better team throughout most of the night. The Avs had the better of the play for about 10 minutes of the 2nd period. The game could have turned out differently if they buried some of the chances they got.

Between Dater, the Denver press, Roy, Landeskog, Johnson, and the officials at the can that team deserves to finish at the bottom of the league this year.

I'm really starting to hate Roy. While he's not the first coach to try to goon things up, it's the first time in quite a while that I recall comments being made by a head coach like that. He comes off as a kid throwing a temper tantrum to me.

If Landeskog keeps up his crap someone who actually is a tough guy is going to put him in his place. Johnson should be given a few games as an attention getter despite there not being any injury to Haula.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
His Pass(Assist)was great,there was a brilliant play before the situation comes, and he play good on PP and work on the defens, i think the wild fans see what they have with him, only 2 Games played wait a little bit.;)

Yeah I get that, but I'm just not seeing anything out of Vanek to get excited about. He reminds me a lot of Moulson so far. Kind of just floating around and then cashes in the odd opportunity. At least we didn't give up lots of draft picks to get Vanek.

That second line has just done nothing for me so far. I want to see Vanek play with some faster players so he can trail the zone entry and drive the net. If it's say Koivu and Vanek on a rush, the defender is going to catch up with them pretty quickly and break up the play. If it's say Zucker and Haula, those guys are going to burn the defenders while everyone catches up, and Vanek can crash the net as the third man.

If they establish the zone, he and Koivu should be fine, but I haven't seen anything out of Coyle that tells me he can move the puck at all, and I don't know about Zucker in that role either.

What we need on that line is another Granlund :laugh: Seriously though, we need that dynamic player who can make things happen. Maybe Nino is the guy, maybe Zucker is the guy. I know it's not Coyle or Cooke, and Koivu hasn't been that type of player for years.

Casper

30 goal grinder
Mar 23, 2010
MN
Yeah I get that, but I'm just not seeing anything out of Vanek to get excited about. He reminds me a lot of Moulson so far. Kind of just floating around and then cashes in the odd opportunity. At least we didn't give up lots of draft picks to get Vanek.

That second line has just done nothing for me so far. I want to see Vanek play with some faster players so he can trail the zone entry and drive the net. If it's say Koivu and Vanek on a rush, the defender is going to catch up with them pretty quickly and break up the play. If it's say Zucker and Haula, those guys are going to burn the defenders while everyone catches up, and Vanek can crash the net as the third man.

If they establish the zone, he and Koivu should be fine, but I haven't seen anything out of Coyle that tells me he can move the puck at all, and I don't know about Zucker in that role either.

What we need on that line is another Granlund :laugh: Seriously though, we need that dynamic player who can make things happen. Maybe Nino is the guy, maybe Zucker is the guy. I know it's not Coyle or Cooke, and Koivu hasn't been that type of player for years.

Vanek had a couple of nice plays in the d zone - one or two that saved a goal i believe. I dont think that Colarado is the best match up for them either.

Your right though. That line desperately needs a skilled winger. Nino, Zucker, maybe in fontaine. Someone with speed that can enter the zone with speed.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010

Not surprised by the negativity in general. It took Suter 2 weeks to really gel with the team. I'll give Vanek the same amount of time. Vanek is very opportunistic and there have been a few times each game he was close to cashing in on those opportunities. I am not concerned at all, but then again I like to see positives.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I think I really want to see Nino on that line. He is strong on the puck, can play along the boards, can bring the puck up ice, and can make plays. Zucker can do about half those things and Coyle can do one of them.

Then you'd have a third line with Zucker and Haula who can burn, Zucker can shoot the puck, Coyle can crash around and go to the net. None of those guys are ready for top six duty but all are better than fourth liners.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
Agreed. I lost respect for Roy because of his childish tantrums. I mean, sending your facepunchers to the ice with 3 seconds remaining? Yeah, no.

If it was JUST that that made you lose respect for him, you must not pay much attention to Roy. His time as a junior coach was worse. Much worse. Absolutely deplorable behavior. Roy is absolute scum. If he hadn't played in the league he'd be done.

Mubiki

Jan 10, 2013
We employ Matt Cooke. :laugh:

Remember how much the majority of our fanbase hated Cooke before (and immediately following) his signing? I'm just glad we have him on our team.

Yep. The, "you employ Matt Cooke" argument is one of the most ignorant pieces of gibberish that's constantly peddled on this site. Other fan bases, the Avs in particular, are actually naive enough to believe that their team would refuse to sign Cooke out of principle.

There are ZERO players in this league that a team is unwilling to sign if it makes them better, and the price is right. Sakic would sign Cooke in a heartbeat at the right price point, and anyone who suggests otherwise is delusional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad