OT: 10,000 Pt XLIV - Guitar Things

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
I work so many shows these days it's tough to go out and see them as often, plus it's just getting so expensive
My BIL treated me to the show, no idea how much it cost and im afraid to look lol. The concessions gave me sticker shock. I get 5 18L jugs of water delivered to my door for the price of one Liquid Death i paid for lol

Quite the line up! I’m a huge fan of early Mars Volta and Deftones are one of my all time favorites and probably put on one of the best live shows when I saw them with Mastodon and Alice In Chains years ago.
My BIL is a major Mars Volta fan so we were up front for that. They were my favorite of the night in terms of music and performance. Im all about that kinda avant garde jamming

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
My BIL treated me to the show, no idea how much it cost and im afraid to look lol. The concessions gave me sticker shock. I get 5 18L jugs of water delivered to my door for the price of one Liquid Death i paid for lol

My BIL is a major Mars Volta fan so we were up front for that. They were my favorite of the night in terms of music and performance. Im all about that kinda avant garde jamming
For any venue that regularly has bigger touring bands, it's basically guaranteed you're going to spend ~$15+ for a light beer. It's ridiculous.

Reactions: Star Platinum

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

A Bay Area college made a massive climb up in the rankings on this year’s Wall Street Journal 2025 best colleges list.

San Jose State University jumped 157 steps, going from 173rd last year to the 16th best college this year.

What’s more, San Jose State ranked higher than any other California public school for its graduates’ salaries, landing in the No. 17 slot ahead of Cal Poly SLO, Cal Poly Pomona, San Francisco State University and UC Berkeley. Overall, SJSU ranked No. 4 among all public universities in the state.

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
Reactions: Cas

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
1726325106898.png

CONTEXT: prior to the game I just finished playing, Eklund made me promise to get 5 hits in the game. I succeeded. This is the "succeeded cut scene."

Eklund: "Whoa! You said you'd bring a huge physical presence and you sure came through!"
Me: "THERE IS NOTHING LIKE NINE INNINGS, HOT DOGS, AND POPCORN. SIGN E UP, WILLIAM!"

Must have hit my head... why am I yelling at Eklund about going to a baseball game?

EDIT:
Eklund's response was pretty good. After I mashed the button to yell the things about baseball he responded, "You sure made a statement about that."

Convo ends with me yelling, "ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDED THAN WORDS." :biglaugh:

Last edited:

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
View attachment 906940
CONTEXT: prior to the game I just finished playing, Eklund made me promise to get 5 hits in the game. I succeeded. This is the "succeeded cut scene."

Eklund: "Whoa! You said you'd bring a huge physical presence and you sure came through!"
Me: "THERE IS NOTHING LIKE NINE INNINGS, HOT DOGS, AND POPCORN. SIGN E UP, WILLIAM!"

Must have hit my head... why am I yelling at Eklund about going to a baseball game?

EDIT:
Eklund's response was pretty good. After I mashed the button to yell the things about baseball he responded, "You sure made a statement about that."

Someone needs to bring that to a game written on a sign.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
View attachment 906940

EDIT:

Incredible effort they put into this product, lol

I'm actually gonna buy the game for the first time in a couple years just because the Sharks have Smith and Celebrini, can't wait to see how dumb and broken it is this year

Reactions: landshark

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I've thought about getting it this year because I want to play with the fun young Sharks team, but I don't know if I can justify full price (like $80 Canadian for a PS4 copy) for the game knowing that they put such a piss-poor effort into most aspects besides their lootbox bonanza microtransactions mode.

Reactions: landshark

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad