OT: 10,000 Pt XL - Spring is (no longer) in the Air

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sharkie88

Dec 30, 2006
Hey everyone, I originally posted this in the playoff tickets thread but was advised to ask here instead.

I'm going to be in San Jose for a couple days for Game 3 and wanted some recommendations on places to eat downtown. I'm not picky about the type of food but I'd prefer local places that I couldn't experience anywhere else. Also wondering where you'd recommend for pre and post game beers. Appreciate any suggestions, thanks!

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Hey everyone, I originally posted this in the playoff tickets thread but was advised to ask here instead.

I'm going to be in San Jose for a couple days for Game 3 and wanted some recommendations on places to eat downtown. I'm not picky about the type of food but I'd prefer local places that I couldn't experience anywhere else. Also wondering where you'd recommend for pre and post game beers. Appreciate any suggestions, thanks!

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2082647

And http://tealpuck.com/travelFAQ.html

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area

One that doesn't seem to be mentioned is Henry's Hi Life. It's a steak place not far from the tank that has been in business since 1965. Honestly, it's my favorite place to get a steak. Good stuff.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
One that doesn't seem to be mentioned is Henry's Hi Life. It's a steak place not far from the tank that has been in business since 1965. Honestly, it's my favorite place to get a steak. Good stuff.

And been featured on Food Network (I think for their ribs).

Bizz

Slacked for Mack
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Yeah, Henry's was on Man Vs. Food.

only Triple D restaurants are The Garage on 11th St at San Carlos (which is excellent and not just because my Aunt's brother is the co-owner), Falafel's Drive In (also excellent), and a taco truck that's no longer in business.

For downtown Original Joe's is great, Back A Yard is great, Pizza Buco Lupo and Lou's Beach Shack at San Pedro Square Market and Nick the Greek are good.

bluefunnel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2005
I never knew San Pedro Square Market was there until the last game I went to this past march. We just never went to that side of the parking garage.

Some pretty good stuff there.

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
Yeah, Henry's was on Man Vs. Food.

only Triple D restaurants are The Garage on 11th St at San Carlos (which is excellent and not just because my Aunt's brother is the co-owner), Falafel's Drive In (also excellent), and a taco truck that's no longer in business.

For downtown Original Joe's is great, Back A Yard is great, Pizza Buco Lupo and Lou's Beach Shack at San Pedro Square Market and Nick the Greek are good.

I wasn't even remotely impressed with Original Joe's the one time I went there. Had heard good things. Went to eat there, ordered the Chicken parm. It wasn't awful, but it was very very bland and generic, and not at all worth what I paid for it. I've had chicken parm just as good from a frozen dinner I microwaved.

Back A Yard is indeed quite good. I've only gone to their Menlo Park store, but can't imagine the SJ one is any different. Haven't tried the other places you mention. For my Greek food fix, though, I go to Athena Grill in Santa Clara. http://52.8.151.10//athena/web/ Good stuff.

HOOCH2173

That HOOCH is Crazy!
Nov 24, 2009
Lake Forest
Who was the girl who looked like she came out of a Mortal Kombat movie? She was kind of useless. In fact, I was surprised on how useless the mutants on Apocolypse's side was.

You mean Olivia Munn? She was Psylocke and yeah she was useless.

So was Jubilee but thank god she didn't have to do anything in the movie!

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
That feeling when your roommate's bedroom is across the hall from yours, but he does early day shifts, whereas you don't get home until like 11:00 pm, so out of respect, you close your room's door to keep quiet, but you can't latch it, because you have cats, who will sit there and meow their faces off until you open the door so they can come in for two seconds, turn around and leave, then do the same thing again five minutes later, but you also can't just close it to the jam without latching it to keep quiet, but also allowing the cats soundless entry because it's windy as **** out and a banging door is worse than the cats, so you have to close the window, but it's like 85 degrees out and with the window closed and your computer on, your room becomes a sauna.

#EpicRunOnSentence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad