GDT: #1 - Todays the Day! Hockey is Back! Columbus @ Minnesota - 8PM EST

Cujorulesdtown9

More Blue Pants
Sep 9, 2007
Michigan
It was a solid game aside some errors.
Biggest complaint is still the amount of odd man rushes and penalties.

I dont know what was injected into Kent Johnson in the offseason, but if the fire and intensity we saw out of that kid tonight persists he could net 50.

Seeing the defense actually bail out a goalie a couple times is very weird.
Only one weak-ish goal out of elvis but a good outing for him.
Christiensen is also a nice surprise.

Reactions: Cheddarcheese

OldGoaltender

Jul 17, 2006
The Triad NC
We might not have got the W but this team played like an NHL team last night. They played with hustle and unity. I love how they have the defense pinch it makes it difficult for the opponents. I still can’t believe they overturned that goal, pure crap but this team is only going to get better.

Reactions: Monk

Cheddarcheese

Oct 24, 2023
KJ, Fantilli, Werenski, Chinakhov all had a decent game
add Elvis to that list he looks good!

JJ needs to sit next game, costed us the game.

We might not have got the W but this team played like an NHL team last night. They played with hustle and unity. I love how they have the defense pinch it makes it difficult for the opponents. I still can’t believe they overturned that goal, pure crap but this team is only going to get better.
yeah i thought it was a good goal, didn't look like he was in the paint IMO ( he was in and out before contact )

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
KJ is so much faster than he used to be it’s actually wild.
Honestly I think a good bit of that is confidence .. he’s put on a bit of strength , probably got a little quicker … I think we are seeing with Fantilli and KJ why Krill Kaprisov blossomed into a star under Evason. You saw under Evason right away putting KJ on the powerplay, even the Pk in camp. They make a mistake , they aren’t benched … last night you had Fantilli flub a clear trying to exit into a possible rush , ended up costing us … he was out there the next shift and almost scored … That right there is night and day difference between Evason and the culture he’s already instilled , contrasted to PV from last year .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad