Management 1 PM May 22nd - Charlie, Cam, Don and Monty address media - NESN

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Wednesday, May 22 at 1 p.m. (TD Garden, Boston, MA)
- End of season press conference with CEO and Alternate Governor Charlie Jacobs, President Cam Neely, General Manager Don Sweeney and Head Coach Jim Montgomery

- Media should enter through back security and proceed to Legends Club on Level 3

- Light refreshments will be provided to the media​

Last edited:

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Looking back on a post from a few days ago it was mentioned that the Jacobs' want to set up a fiefdom in Buffalo and with some maneuvering FSG may wind up with the Bruins and TD Garden. Why do the hockey Gods hate Bruins fans so much??? We escape Monty Burns and company and get somebody just as bad?

• Wow
Reactions: Gordoff and BMC

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
How many teams do you think there are that made it out of the 2nd round more than once?

Not sure.

One thing I do know is that among teams to lead the league in points over at least a decade stretch. Not a single team has worse playoff results than the current Bruins.

Bruins and flyers only such teams to not win a cup and the flyers went to three Stanley cups during their stretch.

It’s unprecedented the lack of playoff success they’ve had relative to their regular season success.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Great Presser

Next to the Pope doing Mass at the Vatican this was an uplifting hour

Kudos to Charlie Jacobs’s who’s come a long way and is the one owner in town who hasn’t stepped into it

Donny gave several nuggets I was hoping he would address

Cam my second favorite all time Bruins player continues to be awesome

Making a Vision Board with Bruins winning the Cup next summer

Go Bruins

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Not sure.

One thing I do know is that among teams to lead the league in points over at least a decade stretch. Not a single team has worse playoff results than the current Bruins.

Bruins and flyers only such teams to not win a cup and the flyers went to three Stanley cups during their stretch.

It’s unprecedented the lack of playoff success they’ve had relative to their regular season success.

So, your answer is let's look at something else?

OK.

Granted you are correct. The Bruins are the worst team in playoffs of teams that led the league in points.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
It really is amazing how much this team has underperformed in the playoffs.

This team has been an anomaly under Sweeney in the postseason and not in a good way.
They somehow suck at home

Blues 2019
Lost Game 2,5, and 7 yet on road beat them 7-2 and 5-1. Only team in history of Finals to win two road games by 4 or more goals and not win series

Panthers 2023
Lost games 2,5, and 7 but on road beat them games 3 & 4 by 4-2 and 6-2. They actually led game with 10 minutes left 5-4 before Cliffy Hockey took over

Panthers 2024
Lost all home games but won 2 of 3 road games

Carolina 2022
That’s the anomaly winning all home games in kick ass fashion but getting outplayed in all 4 losses

Weird weird team

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
This team is not going to win anything with Sweeney and Neely running the show.

I think they grossly mismanaged McAvoy's development and the whole defense structure after Chara and Krug departure.
Chara while aging and slow was still a great leader, had physical presence, grit, PK duty.
Krug was the PP1 QB

suddenly:
PP QB gone
slap shot and brain to utilize PP gone
physical presence gone
leadership gone

What did they do?
They surrounded McAvoy with junk in Gryz, Forbort, Zboril, Reilly. Next to them he looked like a Norris trophy winner and he got paid like one.

It was ok in the regular season but it did not work in the playoffs.
2021 won 1st round against Capitals then lost to Islanders
2022 lost 1st round to Hurricanes
2023 lost 1st round to Panthers
2024 won 1st round against Leafs by the skin of their teeth thanks to Pasta, then lost to Panthers.

So the reclamation project before the playoffs in 2022 was Lindholm that cost them a fortune.

Does Lindholm have a hard and accurate slapshot?
nope
Does Lindholm play physical?
nope
Does Lindholm have any grit?
nope
Is Lindholm a leadership type of guy?
nope

So now the Bruins are stuck with 2 guys on D who eat $16m of cap space with NMC/NTC and none of the issues on defense are solved.
Lindholm looks like Backes in progress and McAvoy is nowhere being elite.

Last edited:

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
They somehow suck at home

Blues 2019
Lost Game 2,5, and 7 yet on road beat them 7-2 and 5-1. Only team in history of Finals to win two road games by 4 or more goals and not win series

Panthers 2023
Lost games 2,5, and 7 but on road beat them games 3 & 4 by 4-2 and 6-2. They actually led game with 10 minutes left 5-4 before Cliffy Hockey took over

Panthers 2024
Lost all home games but won 2 of 3 road games

Carolina 2022
That’s the anomaly winning all home games in kick ass fashion but getting outplayed in all 4 losses

Weird weird team

Ya that’s somehow happening league wide. Probably the easier and more accommodating travel helps, but it shouldn’t be as bad as the bruins have been at home.

Thank god for the Toronto maple leafs. 3 of the 7 playoff series wins under Sweeney have been against Toronto. It would be a much uglier scene of it weren’t for Toronto crapping themselves consistently.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
Great Presser

Next to the Pope doing Mass at the Vatican this was an uplifting hour

Kudos to Charlie Jacobs’s who’s come a long way and is the one owner in town who hasn’t stepped into it

Donny gave several nuggets I was hoping he would address

Cam my second favorite all time Bruins player continues to be awesome

Making a Vision Board with Bruins winning the Cup next summer

Go Bruins
When Monty asked if Lohrei would be McAvoy's partner he said it was too early but mentioned Lindholm and Lohrei right off the bat, not McAvoy's D partner for the last several seasons. Not surprising I guess.

Reactions: BTO and Gordoff

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
So, you were expecting them to tell you all that was going on even though nothing is yet happening?

You want them to tell you what players are staying/ getting signed even though the player doesn't yet know?

It was pretty much as I expected.

When does next years schedule come out? :sarcasm:
There was things said for Ullmark & DeBrusk agents and player

Sweeney to me said ‘I want DeBrusk but one or both term/dollars needs to come down’

They want DeBrusk but my guess is there should be no 7’s in years and dollar first figure

Not sure how anyone could listen and think otherwise

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
When Monty asked if Lohrei would be McAvoy's partner he said it was too early but mentioned Lindholm and Lohrei right off the bat, not McAvoy's D partner for the last several seasons. Not surprising I guess.
He said the exact what he should have

Basically they will see how Lohrei & Lindholm match up with McAvoy and Carlo

McAvoy and lohrei are both 100.% alphas the other two aren’t

This should be no brainer
Lindholm- McAvoy
Lohrei- Carlo

The second PP should always be
Lindholm- McAvoy

They are already on ice when players come out of box

Lohrei should run PP1

First PP should have attack mentality for 90 seconds the second with 27 & 73 would be setting up puck possession and control

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad