Post-Game Talk: 1 Down, 3 To Go

gretzkyoilers

Apr 17, 2012
One thing that gets me is last night they didn't show the Florida watch party at Amerrat arena once. Interesting that. they showed it plenty when Florida were up 4-1 in game 3 We hadn't seen glimpses of them since. Only when Panthers are winning I guess..

Oilers got unstuck in game 3. Started scoring. Now Panthers are having trouble finding net. Hockey can be like that.
Yup and especially in this era. This Oilers Squad is resilient. I'm still nervous for game 5 but it just seems the Oilers "clicked" and solved the Panthers like they did with Vancouver and Dallas.

I hope this is the case and last game the Oilers showed what a champion team should look like.

ManOfSteelI

Nov 5, 2018
I'm just noting a different editorial decision in the broadcasts. They have not trouble showing the Edmonton watch parties when the Oilers are trailing. Was just curious because I actually wanted to see the Florida fans last night, even if was mostly empty.

Back to the topic I notice the rat has changed some colors since being out of Calgary. Tkachuk had nothing but praise for the Oilers in postgame comments and calling them very good, played very well, etc.

Its interesting that a Rat becomes a bit less of a Rat in a different environment than Calgary. He seems to have toned it down a bit in Florida. Is that Maurice telling him to knock it off? Thought his post game comments were curious. Just buttering the Oilers bread?
I recall watching a Maurice interview before the series started. He mentioned that Tkachuk has really focused on limiting that part of his game over the past year in general.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Bobrovsky has 3QS (quality starts) in 4 games.

Stuart Skinner has 1QS.

I maintain what I said. Swap goalies in this series and we are at the very least up 3-1.
In all honesty Skinner has been good enough this series , except game 3. He shit the bed that game for sure and is the only game i would really fault him for his play

Last edited:

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
off topic, but does anybody else get Philip Anselmo vibes off Paul Maurice?
Same mannerisms...he could front a metal band.
I don’t know that guy but Maurice has major sad clown vibes for me. He just looks like he’s ready to cry a lot of the time and always trying to make these zingers.

He definitely has his moments as all sad clowns do though

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB

The name kinda sounded familiar so I just looked him up. I recognize Pantera but yeah. My metal knowledge is pretty limited though, mostly I just love In Flames

The name kinda sounded familiar so I just looked him up. I recognize Pantera but yeah. My metal knowledge is pretty limited though, mostly I just love In Flames
my man!

CROTT

Aug 25, 2007
Edmonton

Which era of In Flames? They've gone from actual melodic death metal, to what melodic death metal is considered to be these days, to pretty much alternative hard rock at times currently.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Which era of In Flames? They've gone from actual melodic death metal, to what melodic death metal is considered to be these days, to pretty much alternative hard rock at times currently.

Sign me up for this in flames talk. I saw them years ago with trivium but I'm also not much a metal fan.

Apparently this is considered one of their worst albums but whatever just shows I'm out of my element.

Always liked this one too

Last edited:

Hockeylife2018

Nov 21, 2011
Yeh but I like to live in reality. Where we don’t have a 10M goalie on top of the 2 best forwards in the League. Bob has played better than Skinner thus far. Doesn’t mean Skinner cost us this 3-0 hole we are in.

Actually 2 big saves. 2 lateral movement robberies. One went off Skinner and nicked the post. So maybe that’s why you only counted 1. Besides the big saves though, yes he made all the ones you should make. Didn’t give up any stinkers like Bobs Eklhom 5 hole goal.
Ya kinda strange to compare a 2.5m goalie to a 10 mil goalie and say "he's outplayed skinner in 3 of 4 games, it's all skinners fault"

With the way our team is constructed, skinners job is to give us a chance, and I'd argue he's done just that in 3/4 games this series

Should we be mad that McLeod hasn't been able to produce at auston matthews level this playoffs?

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Those 2 “okay games” were both worse than league average goaltending.

Your perspective is skewed.
Behind egregious defensive mistakes. No soft goals in those games. I don’t expect Skinner to make every save, and I realize that save percentages can be suppressed when facing minimal shots save for a high dangers given out like candy with defensive breakdowns.

Reactions: McDoused

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Ya kinda strange to compare a 2.5m goalie to a 10 mil goalie and say "he's outplayed skinner in 3 of 4 games, it's all skinners fault"

With the way our team is constructed, skinners job is to give us a chance, and I'd argue he's done just that in 3/4 games this series

Should we be mad that McLeod hasn't been able to produce at auston matthews level this playoffs?
Fairly or not he is this teams starting goaltending. Fairly or not, the starting goalie is more often than not your most important player on the ice.

Skinner has given the Oilers less than average goaltending in 3 of the 4 games in this series and less than half the games these playoffs.

Sick of him having one good game and people glamouring about how great he is. More often than not he’s been a liability in the playoffs.

Behind egregious defensive mistakes. No soft goals in those games. I don’t expect Skinner to make every save, and I realize that save percentages can be suppressed when facing minimal shots save for a high dangers given out like candy with defensive breakdowns.
You don’t expect Skinner to make any difficult save.

And quality start stats account for giving up minimal shots and Skinner still has only given the Oilers one through 4.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Fairly or not he is this teams starting goaltending. Fairly or not, the starting goalie is more often than not your most important player on the ice.

Skinner has given the Oilers less than average goaltending in 3 of the 4 games in this series and less than half the games these playoffs.

Sick of him having one good game and people glamouring about how great he is.

You don’t expect Skinner to make any difficult save.

And quality start stats account for giving up minimal shots and Skinner still has only given the Oilers one through 4.
Sure I do. I don’t expect every single one though. About the amount appropriate for an average starter is what is expected with our team build. We either win this way or we don’t. Crying about things we can’t change like our Goalie in the SCFs just seems illogical to me. What’s the point? Support the one that took us here and only only chance to go all the way.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
You are unbelievably dense, man. And your personal dislike of all things Skinner shows in nearly every single post you make. A huge game, he plays well, and all you can say is the Panthers didn't shoot very well, and there was nothing but goalposts. But I guess all the posts we hit against Bobo don't mean anything. Give it up, man, you're making yourself look petty. Just enjoy the win and the game like everyone else.

I can’t see the post you are responding to, but guessing it’s the same poster who gave the fans shit when they cheered Browns first goal of the year and helped give him the confidence that we have your back man, keep pushing, and he also filled page after page telling the world how he was right about the Brown signing, how he knew he was a terrible hockey player. Turns out he just needed time to recover from a pretty gross injury, and is a far bigger warrior than his personal hero PLD.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Sure I do. I don’t expect every single one though. About the amount appropriate for an average starter is what is expected with our team build. We either win this way or we don’t. Crying about things we can’t change like our Goalie in the SCFs just seems illogical to me. What’s the point? Support the one that took us here and only only chance to go all the way.
He didn't take us anywhere lol.

What's the point? I donno whats the point of posting anything on a hockey forum.

gretzkyoilers

Apr 17, 2012
I have no idea who that is. All I know about Maurice is he's clearly told his team to play dead any time they're hit.
No kidding. Both "knee" hits made both Panther players act like their career had ended limping back to the dressing room. The worst was Bennett last game who after that hit did play acting back to the dressing room. Just after the Nurse penalty he went out and was skating like he was before!

I hope the refs are clocking this. Maurice is just trying to play dirty and get players ejected like he did with Warren.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad