Post-Game Talk: 1 Down, 3 To Go

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Yep. But what makes it annoying is it's not a difficult recipe to see.

Nurse likes to/needs to play an aggressive style to be successful. But he needs someone that's good at puck retrievals and is comfortable with the puck on his stick, so he (Nurse) is free to pick his spots.

It doesn't even need to be an elite partner, just someone that can get back quickly, grab the puck, and confidently send it up ice without having to look to Darrnel for help. That's the MO for Stecher, Kulak, and now Broberg, and the antithesis of guys like Ceci, Vinny, or Larsson.
Exactly this. I think Stetcher would be the perfect, cost effective signing this team needs

Reactions: McDoused

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
8-1 Oiler win and Bouchard and Broberg have ZERO SOG and RNH is a minus player. I would not have taken those bets.

Like I said in the pre game thread, one shift at a time , and get the win. Thats win number one. Go to FLA now and play one shift at a time, and get the next one.

Happy Fathers Day to all dads out there. Enjoy the day with your families if you can.

Lannes

May 5, 2024
Game 5 may actually be the hardest game of the series to win. If we can do that, its back on.

This is a bit of a 'captain obvious' point but if the Oilers could score in bunches again, including on the PP and by the big guns, in game five, it would really put some doubt into the Panthers and you'd think they'd have to start question if they can really shut this offense down when it gets rolling.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
This is a bit of a 'captain obvious' point but if the Oilers could score in bunches again, including on the PP and by the big guns, in game five, it would really put some doubt into the Panthers and you'd think they'd have to start question if they can really shut this offense down when it gets rolling.
Winning the next would at least get the Rat scratching ...his balls.

Nurse and Ceci aren’t the reason we got shut out in that game though
They just could not score until the third period of game 3.

Reactions: McDoused

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
8-1 Oiler win and Bouchard and Broberg have ZERO SOG and RNH is a minus player. I would not have taken those bets.

Like I said in the pre game thread, one shift at a time , and get the win. Thats win number one. Go to FLA now and play one shift at a time, and get the next one.

Happy Fathers Day to all dads out there. Enjoy the day with your families if you can.
I am hoping to receive expensive gifts.

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
Big win!
Hopefully Bob stays in the tank for 3 more games because the Panthers will be much better next game.
I'm gonna be in the minority saying this but even though we were up 3-1 after the first I thought we were terrible until Skinner made that save to keep the score 2-1. We were in full panic mode in our own zone until then.
I also voiced my displeasure at the TV during the offensive zone faceoff before the Panthers goal seeing Knoblauch loading up McDrai because I didn't think that was the right way to settle them down. I get that he was trying to get them some icetime after some bad circumstances forcing them to sit but going all out offense at that time didn't make sense to me.

Dieseloil

Jul 31, 2016
The team clearly picked it up as the game progressed, but I can't state enough how massive the goals from Janmark, Brown and Henrique were to help this team get it's feet under them in the biggest game of the year. Amazing stuff from guys who's given everything all season.
They were fantastic, Brown was like a mini freight train, this guy is the best checker on the team and is as hard nosed as you can get. The Troops won us this game as much as the big guys.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
It's frustrating that Knobs out Nurse and Ceci together for game 1.

Not to be negative, but this could be 2-2 or 3-1 us. Frustrating
Bobrovsky stole Game 1. High danger scoring chances were significantly in the Oilers favor That's why the series isn't 2-2 right now.

You can argue about how much score effects impacted Game 3 numbers, but the Oilers out-chanced Florida that game too and a win would have been deserved. I would argue that the Oilers beat themselves gifting the Panthers numerous goals through horrible turnovers.

It doesn't matter though because they are down 1-3 in the series. One game at a time is all they can focus on.

Gordian Knot

Jul 3, 2016
Florida slept on the wheel, they are now waken for sure.

But we also inproved a lot, especially opening the game with mix of strech passes skating it out and simple passing plays. Florida was late and didn't adjust right. Their best players were MIA. Finishing was missing first 2 games, started to show up in game 3 and now they crack Bob.

We need more the same, just continue and improve step by step. If we bring it back to Edmonton I think we can surely win this.

Win or lose this has been great season, so happy they won last night, you guys who are able to go in games really deserved that. Fans in the building have been the best and continue that folks.

Never change Oil fans, never change.

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
How many times is Idiot Friedman going to tweet about Panther players hobbling off or being stretchered to the dressing room, and then two minutes later tweeting about them being back on the bench. I think I've seen these about four times this series at least. I get it, you are calling what you see, but does anyone ask any questions anymore?
I don't think I have ever seen 'Idiot' Friedman, but I love it. He is the most overrated speculator in the NHL.

Another game where their players get hit and they act like they got shot going to the dressing room. I knew for a fact Bennett was bullshitting when he was able to walk towards the dressing room without any help from the trainers. f***er was back 1-2 minutes after since the panthers didn't get another 5 min PP. It's just f***ing pathetic gamesmanship. His diving embellishments make Neymar look like nothing.
Was I the only person surprised that it was changed from a Major to a Minor?

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
I don't think I have ever seen 'Idiot' Friedman, but I love it. He is the most overrated speculator in the NHL.

Was I the only person surprised that it was changed from a Major to a Minor?
No, I thought there was no way they were going to reduce it to a minor after the earlier fiasco in the series.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
If you have kids, you already have. And I don’t mean that in a sappy way.

They are gifts and they are very expensive. I’m hoping my last one leaves the “payroll” soon. :)
To be sure, when you see these terrible wars raging in Gaza, the Ukraine and the Sudan you realize how lucky and spoiled we are. Many fathers will never be coming home to their children.

-Happy Father's Day to all the guys on the thread.

-Well, I am off on some summer holidays and will not be posting for awhile but win or lose on Tuesday what a magic carpet ride this season has been--nothing but proud of the Oilers. Good luck to the boys for the rest of the series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad