GDT: 1/9/14 - 7:30PM EDT - Washington VS Tampa Bay

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
cooper super diplomatic I hope he tells lindy how he really feels though.

This game was not excusable im sorry. I still believe in lindy but dammit I dont think we can give him two years to get it together. I see him getting better actually but mentally he aint there. Physically his play is getting better stick handling passing is better at times but he cant put a full game together and 20 shots to give up 4 goals is bull crap and could care less on stupid tips I mean jeez.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Lindback doesn't possess the necessary skills to play at this level.

I would also be willing to bet he'd be just as bad in the A.

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago
Drop pass = fail.

No more blind drop passes ever. ****.

Outside opinion here ( I am a huge fan of both Yzerman and St. Louis and follow the Bolts a little bit, even more so the last couple of days):

I don't think that play could be called blind, rather it seemed the trailer (sorry don't know your team that well and don't know who it was) took a very odd line and seemed to be going towards the boards instead of trailing 26 to the net, I could be wrong but it looked to me like St. Louis did take a look, and an instant later the other guy was in a different (and odd) position.

That looked to me like more of a miscommunication/understanding than the classic blind and/or bad drop pass.

No excuse however for the failure to clear the zone.

Good Luck the rest of the way!

gn2007

Nov 21, 2009
Shelby Township, MI
His save percentage the last three game average is .833 Thats just beyond pathetic he hasn't faced more then 25 shots per game just sad and ridiculous. I just don't know

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Could send him through waivers. Could trade him.

Trading him makes a ton of sense. If Labarbera got traded for Future Considerations, we should be able to get something more for him.

Look, I know we paid a lot to bring him here, but at some point you have to cut your losses. He's a young guy and may get better down the road, but Tampa is (thankfully) not in the position to be patient. We're winning now, so we need a goalie that can win now.

I don't think it's a bad move to trade him to get him off the books. I'd first like to give CD or even Kristers (what a story that would be) a looksee first. But I mean, worst case scenario, we waive Lindback and deal a prospect for an average backup. I don't think any of us want a show-stealer, or, more accurately, to pay for a show-stealer. We just need someone who won't cost us games.

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga
SOLUTIONS:
1) Start Desjardins on Saturday
2) Waive Lindback and send him to the AHL
3) Depending on the play of Desjardins on Saturday, keep him as backup. Otherwise, look at veteran backups in the KHL/euro leagues or make a low-cost trade.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
His save percentage the last three game average is .833 Thats just beyond pathetic he hasn't faced more then 25 shots per game just sad and ridiculous. I just don't know

You'd think he covers 83.3% of the net just by standing there.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland

I know. He ****ing sucks. I'm done with this ****ing guy. I would be glad if I never see him playing for Tampa ever again.

Yeah I'm pretty much overreacting right now but ****, I can't see many goalies doing worse in that game than Anderp.

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga
I'm noticing a lot of posts about trading Lindback. Who is going to take Lindback? Look at his stats, and we all know how he's playing. Where does the trade value come from? I don't even think he gets claimed off waivers.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
You'd think he covers 83.3% of the net just by standing there.

Not when he's going on 'walkabout' like he did tonight. He thinks he can play the puck like Brodeur or even Bishop. He's been caught a good 3m (10ft) from the net with the opposition closing in recently.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
SOLUTIONS:
1) Start Desjardins on Saturday
2) Waive Lindback and send him to the AHL
3) Depending on the play of Desjardins on Saturday, keep him as backup. Otherwise, look at veteran backups in the KHL/euro leagues or make a low-cost trade.

100% agreed. Give Desjardins the opportunity. He might not be great, but he's been a good soldier for us and deserves the shot now that it's there.

It's pretty sad that I find myself wishing Edmonton hadn't signed Bryzgalov so we could move in on him. But I think that's the level of goalie we need right now. Just a solid .905% guy. We can win with a guy like that when he's called upon.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'm noticing a lot of posts about trading Lindback. Who is going to take Lindback? Look at his stats, and we all know how he's playing. Where does the trade value come from? I don't even think he gets claimed off waivers.

Someone might take him in hopes they can sneak him to the minors, like we did with Hall last year. But aside from that, I think you're right. Not sure if there's another fit for him.

The only reason I would explore the option is to see if someone would through us a late pick rather than waiving him.

But I mean, yes, the guy has had his moments. But it's been a year now. And every good game is followed up with bad ones. The experiment is over, the gamble is lost. We just need to eat this one and move on.

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
Outside opinion here ( I am a huge fan of both Yzerman and St. Louis and follow the Bolts a little bit, even more so the last couple of days):

I don't think that play could be called blind, rather it seemed the trailer (sorry don't know your team that well and don't know who it was) took a very odd line and seemed to be going towards the boards instead of trailing 26 to the net, I could be wrong but it looked to me like St. Louis did take a look, and an instant later the other guy was in a different (and odd) position.

That looked to me like more of a miscommunication/understanding than the classic blind and/or bad drop pass.

No excuse however for the failure to clear the zone.

Good Luck the rest of the way!

I don't disagree, but a large percentage (it seems at least) of Lightning turnovers occur on botched/blind drop passes. Another frequent issue is an inability to clear the zone, resulting in 2nd/3rd/4th chances for the opposing team to have a crack at the net.

It's really frustrating when there is open ice in front of the player, Marty in this case, and he leaves the puck, not 100% sure if the pass will actually connect. In the defensive zone, it is an absolute outrage to get fancy in a manner that causes a turnover when a simple chip, lateral pass, or even an icing is the better option. When Lindback is net, the Lightning need to make the blatantly easy play, knowing full well the goalie is incapable of bailing them out.

If the drop pass worked more, it wouldn't be so frustrating. Marty has the skill that he doesn't need to leave the puck for someone else, especially in the last minute of a game in his own defensive zone. This time, it was just a culmination of bad timing and a bad play from a player who should know better.

Just a lousy way to lose. Thanks for the good luck TKB...our injury list sure could use it.

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
Edmonton: Lightning score the 1st goal, Lindback comes in at 1-1, 3-1 Edmonton at the end of the 1st. Game is tied, into the 3rd period, Lindback goes full Ellis, 5-3 Edm final.

Tonight: Lightning score 1st goal, 3-1 Washington at the end of the 1st. Game is tied in the third, 4-3 Wsh final.

Strategy to winning? Lindback not putting us down 3-1 in the first. If we aren't digging out of a hole for most of the game, we're able to play our game, and perhaps keep it close, or even build up a lead going into the 3rd.

Voidskipper

Jan 7, 2014
Tampa
VJRIvU4.gif

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
How the **** can anyone say Lindback kept us in the game? I mean... he didn't let in any goals from the first to the third, but that's because he faced zero quality shots on net in that time. Everytime there was a scoring opportunity the Caps sent it wide. Lindback was beat every single time.

Seriously, Lindback looked shaky on dump-ins, not to mention actual shots on goal. I think Green dumped it in on net and went off for a change, and Lindback couldn't even glove that cleanly. It was a ****ing gong-show out there.

Also, ten years of ****** goaltending has ****ed up this fanbase's expectation of what a goaltender is supposed to do. When we see a 4 on the scoreboard, it doesn't look that bad, so we think "well, we had a chance to win".

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
OK. I hate pointing out the obvious, but it still has to be said. MARTY ST. LOUIS cost us that game!! I know he does a lot of good & has mostly led us w/out Stammer, but this is a game we NEEDED and DESERVED at least a point and he cost us! No matter who you are, those plays are UNACCEPTABLE, but when it's the captain the play is DOUBLY, maybe even TRIPLY, unacceptable!! On another note, hopefully Gudas is OK and Lindback played pretty well for the most part! Next up: 3 road games, beginning in Philly Sat afternoon. Whatever you do Marty, for the LOVE OF GOD, don't go assisting Vinny in that game!!!
Like · · Share · Stop Notifications

Robert Guess lindback played pretty well for the most part? Really? 20 shots four goals? What the hell game did you watch. I do not call you out Lauren but lindback cost us this game 9 shots 3 goals. I dont care is no excuse 2 of last 3 games he gives up 3 goals in the first. Do you have any idea how much that will deflate a team? Marty did a drop pass wasnt wise they failed to clear everyone in world can say the pucks were tipped twice in two goals but they were all glove hand. That is not physical issue that is mental and prep and being ready and into the game. I am still with lindback and have hopes for him since he has improved as a player from last year honestly but he has never put it all together and we dont have 2 years which it might take for him to become a legit nhl goalie.
14 minutes ago · Like

Lindy kept us in the game. That's all that really matters. Sure, he might have allowed a bad goal, but make no mistake Marty's TWO turnovers in the final minute were what ended up costing us at least a point, if not two. And yes, I'd actually know because I saw everything unfold in front of my very eyes.
10 minutes ago · Like

Robert Guess a bad goal? He let in four weak goals FOUR is ok you watch the game your way. Bishop probably shuts them out lol
8 minutes ago · Like

This is my facebook conversation with someone whom rights up articles about the lightning got to love people who have no clue whatsoever.

I really hate to tell you this, but Lindback was terrible tonight. Again. It doesn't matter if you make a save on a breakaway if you turn around and let in 3 terrible goals. The first, second, and fourth goals need to be stopped. There is no excuse.

All we can hope for is Bishop to be healthy sooner rather than later.

The only thing saving us right now is Boston is on that brutal west coast trip and is losing games too. The sad thing is with Bishop we probably would have overtaken them after tonight for the division lead.

More 2004

Stamkos Apologist
May 3, 2004
Tampa
Some fans have really thick heads when it comes to goal tending.. look at the entire body of work, not one breakaway.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Lindback did absolutely NOT keep us in the game. To say otherwise is... well, wrong. Like, really wrong. Just because Lindback stopped a breakaway, does not mean he kept us in the game. Even then, he didn't even stop it, the Cap shot wide. As they did most of the night. They probably would've had 8 on us if not.

When the team bails you out of the hole you dug for yourself and the rest of the team, and you STILL manage to lose the game, it's on you. I will admit, I listened to the radio for this game, as I don't have NHLN. But I saw the condensed goals on replay. Definitely 2, probably 3 of those goals should've been stopped.

It's a damn shame because we were a minute away from at least a point. On the plus side, Sideshow Bob didn't pot a single goal tonight. Thank Jesus.

Also, as an aside, the ignorance that is being posted on EE's twitter is hilarious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad