GDT: 1/31 - Canes vs Blues - You Never Can Tell

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
The ice was certainly not in the best condition. The puck wasn't jumping around as much as I've seen it in the past, but it seems like there were no less than 10 unforced falls by both teams. I like how when Semin fell he got "over excited", but when Skinner did a 360 with his stick flying up in the air he "caught an edge".

As far as Gerbe and shot differential goes (corsi), he's third best behind Semin and Jordan. No surprise, since he's played most of the year with Jordan.

Good, hard, grinding win over a team notorious for it.

Clark Gillies

Oct 3, 2006
Carolina
The ice was certainly not in the best condition. The puck wasn't jumping around as much as I've seen it in the past, but it seems like there were no less than 10 unforced falls by both teams. I like how when Semin fell he got "over excited", but when Skinner did a 360 with his stick flying up in the air he "caught an edge".

As far as Gerbe and shot differential goes (corsi), he's third best behind Semin and Jordan. No surprise, since he's played most of the year with Jordan.

Good, hard, grinding win over a team notorious for it.

Totally forgot about the Skinner play -- I am all the way down the other then end. From our view it was just WTF.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Totally forgot about the Skinner play -- I am all the way down the other then end. From our view it was just WTF.

If that was the play I think it was, where Skinner looked like he either caught an edge or tripped over the dman's stick and HIS stick went flying, there was an impressive piece of back checking by Skinner immediately following that. He caught up to the Blues winger in the Canes' zone and prevented him from getting a shot on net from a decent spot. I was really surprised. And pleased.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
If that was the play I think it was, where Skinner looked like he either caught an edge or tripped over the dman's stick and HIS stick went flying, there was an impressive piece of back checking by Skinner immediately following that. He caught up to the Blues winger in the Canes' zone and prevented him from getting a shot on net from a decent spot. I was really surprised. And pleased.

I noticed that too. I fully expected him to start coasting when he hit the red line or head off for a change and he never let up and caught the guy Was...refreshing.

Oenatzu

Chad-in-the-Box
Mar 7, 2010
I really like what Kirk has done with the lines. Malholtra taking over a bunch of the checking duties with Gerbe and Dwyer changes everything. Jordan with some skill players dominating on the puck is a beautiful thing to watch.

This is exactly what I had in mind when we signed Malhotra. Allowing Jordan to play a little more offensive type of hockey on the second line while Malhotra and co. handle most of the shutdown duties has given the team better offensive depth and made it harder for the opposing team to match lines.

Gerbe's work ethic is unbelievable. I can't remember a single moment when he's floating around and not working his ass off on the ice.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
Haha, what is Skinner doing there on the bench after the goal?
This.

banana.gif

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I obviously didn't see it at the game, but noticed it in the replay Fred posted. I got a kick out of it. Goes to show how much of a kid some of these guys still are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad