GDT: 05/07/13 - WCQF PLAYOFFS Game 4 Chicago @ Minnesota - 8:30 p.m. CDT - FSN/NBCSN/CBC

Mnsportsfan22

Apr 5, 2013
Did you watch game three and see what the Wild did? And now two nights later they don't even try to do that again?

They did the first period! Plus 10 minutes on the power-play and a couple on penalty kill. It's not like they didn't at all they tried but during the games things changed and so did the style. It's the power play that killed us

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
We were the better team in 1st. Then Toews ran Harding. Kuemps let in the first shot he faced on 2nd, and it's been downhill after that.

Koivu looks like he has a back/lower body injury, because his skating is really awkward and he has been, well, less than stellar.

Also, Wild forgot how they won game 3. Clutterbuck, Coyle, Veilleux and Mitchell are the only ones actually showing some energy hitting-wise.

Thanks.

Yeah, Koivu has looked like he's injured the entire series.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
So whats everyone's opinion on AV assuming he gets fired in VAN?

Oh HELL no. He's got a team that is insanely talented and they're down 3-0 right now.

Luongo I would take on a cheap deal after he gets bought out. He's still a very good goalie, he's just been thrown to the wolves by a Vancouver team that regularly needs more than two hands to find its own ass.

I want Ruff hired. He actually runs a game that generates some offense, and that, more than anything, is what this team desperately needs.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Yes, we are inconsistent. Thats why we are not among favorites to win the cup.

It's not just that they are inconsistent. It's like they are WILLFULLY inconsistent. They're not even TRYING to play physical after the first. No effort at all.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
New coach and an experienced, proven starting goalie is key. We need a goalie in the elite. I believe Backstrom is an elite goalie, one of my favorite Wild players, ran into the ground by a horrible head coach.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
Oh HELL no. He's got a team that is insanely talented and they're down 3-0 right now.

Luongo I would take on a cheap deal after he gets bought out. He's still a very good goalie, he's just been thrown to the wolves by a Vancouver team that regularly needs more than two hands to find its own ass.

I want Ruff hired. He actually runs a game that generates some offense, and that, more than anything, is what this team desperately needs.
Canucks have no blue line, zero, nada, zilch as in Barker gets to play there bad.

They are not that insanely talented.

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
New coach and an experienced, proven starting goalie is key. We need a goalie in the elite. I believe Backstrom is an elite goalie, one of my favorite Wild players, ran into the ground by a horrible head coach.

Oh dear god. :rolleyes:

I think the thing i'm most stunned about is the lack of playoff feel to this series. Honestly, this felt like the game we played vs. them in early April, then a playoff game, absolutely stunned.

Billy Mays Here*

Backstrom is nowhere near an elite goalie. He's a slightly better than average starter who is wildly inconsistent. The Luongo idea is actually gaining more and more interest in me as the days go by.

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY

That is actually far from what Ruff believes in. He believes that defense is far and away the biggest aspect of the game. He will sacrifice offense fro defense 365 days out of the year. Star offensive players hate playing for him.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Til next year, Xcel arena!

I just can't comprehend this. Even a rookie coach wouldn't have been this moronic. Does he intentionally want to be fired? You can't move Zucker up on the PP unit or make one single move?

Yeo and Koivu need to choose their words carefully tonight, because they are failing. And Brodz killed a good number of chances tonight all by himself. So frustrating.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
I say it once again. It's not the result (which was predictable against the Hawks). It's how it's done.

Hawks haven't been unbeatable in this series. First three games, as a whole I think it was a good effort against a much stronger team. (considering the variables). Plus tonight the first period, good! But being behind 2-1 and you've got a home game, coach and the team should know what to do and how to play. Ok, your goalie goes down and unexperienced backup comes in. But they should've tried harder, fight harder, support each other, execute. Part of coach's job is to speak, shout, give hope, faith, self confidence, get them united, get them going. Maybe it doesn't work but they should try everything. While it's still possible (propable) to lose, you can't just fall apart like that without trying.

I don't talk about PP here because it has been a problem the whole time. It does seems that coaches don't have a glue how to fix it. I'm not saying it should be the best in NHL. Just decent. Make something different. But no. Where's the development?

Nevertheless.. there's still a chance as long there's a chance. Faith? No. Hope? Always.

Last edited:

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Okay....so maybe Koivu is hurt. He better be anyways. Only excuse I'll accept. And again, I've ALWAYS supported him, so this is rather new for me to tear him apart. But both Coyle and Parise were at least trying to be physical, but Koivu wouldn't touch anything. Nothing.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Koivu just needs to man up and realize he needs to get surgery before his arm falls clean off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad