Boston Bruins 024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I would not want to sign him for 7 mill. His injury history concerns me.
Maybe six X four.

And on a much better team.

Plus with the cap going up 7 will be more palatable in a couple of years.

I’d rather not be at 7 but we know it won’t be 5.5, and once we get into the sixes it’s kind of splitting hairs.
No higher than 6.3, and again four years five at the very very most.

Reactions: sarge88

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Trade yet undone and some here speculating on how much to pay Chicky.
Priceless!
Did we learn anything from 2013 Iggy fiasco?
I hope that I'm wrong but: IMO we've got to cool our jets
for a bit more, maybe even a few days.
Dom, am I way off base here?

Last edited:

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
And on a much better team.

Plus with the cap going up 7 will be more palatable in a couple of years.

I’d rather not be at 7 but we know it won’t be 5.5, and once we get into the sixes it’s kind of splitting hairs.
While absolutely true, just remember how much hair splitting ass pain the Bruins went through last season while trying to bring guys up from Providence when they made $20,000 too much.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Give him the Lindholm deal- 7x6.5. It’s fair and he’s young enough that the term isn’t a killer. And hope he’s got his knees sorted out.
"And hope he's got his knees sorted out" does not inspire confidence.

It's a bit like Sweeney hoping Rick Nash would not succumb to yet another concussion, a concussion which even I could see coming. A concussion that effectively ended his career.

Chickie's injury history is a major stumbling block. Which is the main reason why I would limit the term to four years.

24giovanni

Aug 2, 2005
we don’t have any forwards to pay so hell yah - 7 M for Chychrun

I would give him the DeBrusk 5/30

Definitely didn’t see this coming

Lindholm- McAvoy

Chychrun- Carlo

Lohrei - Peeke
@DKH, Dan, If the B's sign Chychrun for 6.5 or $7 million, would they have enough to sign E. Lindholm, Tofoli and Swayman in your opinion plz?

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
"And hope he's got his knees sorted out" does not inspire confidence.

It's a bit like Sweeney hoping Rick Nash would not succumb to yet another concussion, a concussion which even I could see coming. A concussion that effectively ended his career.

Chickie's injury history is a major stumbling block. Which is the main reason why I would limit the term to four years.

He went all of last season without any issues, so maybe he's good. Who ever really knows? I am sure the Bruins due their medical due diligence on the player and, for something like knees, would be reasonably confident he's fit. Concussions are different because the brain is a strange thing and far less well-understood than the knee. It is a concern though.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Priceless!
Well, I'm not getting Brayden Schenn vibes here where the pieces changed every day and Sweeney finally told Armstrong where to go.

But I do see your point.

He went all of last season without any issues, so maybe he's good. Who ever really knows? I am sure the Bruins due their medical due diligence on the player and, for something like knees, would be reasonably confident he's fit. Concussions are different because the brain is a strange thing and far less well-understood than the knee. It is a concern though.
I got your email. Not ignoring it. Just trying to see what sources I can reach out to in order to write that article.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Priceless!
It’s great isn’t it ?

This is not the week to give up cooling your jets - maybe trading for or signing them (Ehlers, McGroarty, Dillon, Perfetti)

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Not Dom, but have opinions. The kid is pissed at Winnipeg, because they believe the best place for his development is the AHL. He wants a free pass to the NHL. If he came to Boston he'd go to the AHL. Maybe he would accept it somewhere else, but I don't see the fit

PDL's Disease.

Which is, unfortunately, spreading among today's young players, talented or not.

One thing I can say with relative certainty, is that Don Sweeney, Cam Neely and the rest of the Boston Bruins organization would never tolerate a player like this within their ranks.

Give your locker room cancer to someone else.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
@DKH, Dan, If the B's sign Chychrun for 6.5 or $7 million, would they have enough to sign E. Lindholm, Tofoli and Swayman in your opinion plz?
I would not sign Toffoli - 4 years ago yes I’m past him

imagine land

Zacha - Lindholm- Pastrnak
Marchand - Coyle - Heinen/Geek
Heinen/Ostapchuk- Fred-Geek/Lysell
Beech/Osta- boqvist- Braz/lysell
Merkulov
Maroon

Lindholm - McAvoy
Chychrun- Carlo
Lohrei - Peeke

Ostapchuk & Lysell were often linemates and Bruins by extension watching Lysell know Ostapchuk very well
****Lysell needs to get legit shot ****

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
I would not sign Toffoli - 4 years ago yes I’m past him

imagine land

Zacha - Lindholm- Pastrnak
Marchand - Coyle - Heinen/Geek
Heinen/Ostapchuk- Fred-Geek/Lysell
Beech/Osta- boqvist- Braz/lysell
Merkulov
Maroon

Lindholm - McAvoy
Chychrun- Carlo
Lohrei - Peeke

Ostapchuk & Lysell were often linemates and Bruins by extension watching Lysell know Ostapchuk very well
****Lysell needs to get legit shot ****
The Heinen Geekie thing on the top 6 is just so ugly

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Good post.

Reactions: Dr Hook
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad