Status
Not open for further replies.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC

IMG_6706.jpeg

Drift

Jan 9, 2012
I feel like 7 mil for Chychrun is an overpayment based on past results. He could develop but he is a 40 pt player who was -30. Weegar got 6.25 and was a 40 pt player but was + 40. Major difference. but that was years ago.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
If the rumors become fact and Chichrun is indeed headed this way it would set up an exciting backend combo of. Youth and experience. Effective on the D, offense and the PP.

Lohrei-McAvoy
Chychrn-Carlo
Hampus-Peeke
Wotherspoon

Or some combination thereof.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
If it is Ottawa I'd still rather find a way to get Pinto than Chychrun in the deal but Chychrun coming in is fine too. A first round pick is okay but I'd rather we get a player now.

Since they are talking to Bussi about a contract I want to think things are really close. Hope so. This is getting agonizing. So much hinges on it.

Reactions: Bearclaw

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
If the rumors become fact and Chichrun is indeed headed this way it would set up an exciting backend combo of. Youth and experience. Effective on the D, offense and the PP.

Lohrei-McAvoy
Chychrn-Carlo
Hampus-Peeke
Wotherspoon

Or some combination thereof.

Lindholm will not be a 3rd pair guy behind Lohrei & Chychrun.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I feel like 7 mil for Chychrun is an overpayment based on past results. He could develop but he is a 40 pt player who was -30. Weegar got 6.25 and was a 40 pt player but was + 40. Major difference. but that was years ago.

And on a much better team.

Plus with the cap going up 7 will be more palatable in a couple of years.

I’d rather not be at 7 but we know it won’t be 5.5, and once we get into the sixes it’s kind of splitting hairs.

Reactions: Mick Riddleton

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I literally have not thought about Mackenzie Weeger in what seems like ages.

As you get older, time flies.

You'r going to turn around in a few years and Mason Lohrei will be 32.

Book it, as the Dorito Bandit would have it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Any chance that the Bs get involved in the McGroarty drama? They should? Dom?

Not Dom, but have opinions. The kid is pissed at Winnipeg, because they believe the best place for his development is the AHL. He wants a free pass to the NHL. If he came to Boston he'd go to the AHL. Maybe he would accept it somewhere else, but I don't see the fit

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Not Dom, but have opinions. The kid is pissed at Winnipeg, because they believe the best place for his development is the AHL. He wants a free pass to the NHL. If he came to Boston he'd go to the AHL. Maybe he would accept it somewhere else, but I don't see the fit
It's a kid thing. They want max dollars, all the Clauses, short term so they can stay current with market value. The want NBA contracts. Next CBA is going to be interesting and that is only one thing.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
we don’t have any forwards to pay so hell yah - 7 M for Chychrun

I would give him the DeBrusk 5/30

Definitely didn’t see this coming

Lindholm- McAvoy

Chychrun- Carlo

Lohrei - Peeke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad