GDT: 02/29/2016

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Swift

Jan 5, 2006
Weak, WEAK call by the refs, in OT, hands Detroit the win on a silver platter.

Great dive, Nyquist.
Did you miss your big tough captain's head snap to draw a penalty with three minutes left?

Give me a break. Hooking on the hands is a penalty. Every time.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Well maybe if they actually waived off the icing like that should have near the end of regulation Dallas doesn't even get a point that game.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Weak, WEAK call by the refs, in OT, hands Detroit the win on a silver platter.

Great dive, Nyquist.

You can't put your stick on a player's gloves/hands when they have the puck. It's an automatic call every time. Definitely sold by Nyquist but Benn did as well on the Kronwall high stick. Both were penalties, both were sold. Also I don't really think you can complain about the reffing when the game tying goal came off of an icing that was clearly not an icing.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
Datsyuk and Zetterberg are still so good. That however was the most Red Wings call ever.

It was a reaching hook to the hands. If Janmark had just let up even a little it likely wouldn't have been called. There's no reason to keep hooking a player at the blueline like that.

Factor in the tying goal came on a bad icing call. The first Dallas goal was kicked in. The non call on Dekeyser getting hauled down at the end of the game.

But yes, it was the most Red Wings call ever...

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Did you miss your big tough captain's head snap to draw a penalty with three minutes left?

Yeah, that hack job from Janmark must have really knocked Nyquist off balance, because he executed a perfect front roll. :laugh:

How that tap on the gloves affected Nyquist's ability to skate, I'll never know. But hey, it worked like a charm, both refs bought it, and Detroit escapes with the two points. Mission accomplished. ;)

J-Swift

Jan 5, 2006
Yeah, that hack job from Janmark must have really knocked Nyquist off balance, because he executed a perfect front roll. :laugh:

How that tap on the gloves affected Nyquist's ability to skate, I'll never know. But hey, it worked like a charm, both refs bought it, and Detroit escapes with the two points. Mission accomplished. ;)
The home crowd didn't seem to mind the call...

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan

Nyquist has balance that will probably rival Dan Cleary's as he ages. He's always falling, he needs to put on muscle. Did he sell that? Most likely. But he is generally falling all over the ice every game without the puck as well.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

I did miss it, actually; I was only able to catch OT.

But to that, I would say a reflexive head snap to avoid getting a blade to the eye, is easier to swallow than knowingly doing a front flip when a stick lightly taps you on the gloves. :help:

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
I did miss it, actually; I was only able to catch OT.

But to that, I would say a reflexive head snap to avoid getting a blade to the eye, is easier to swallow than knowingly doing a front flip when a stick lightly taps you on the gloves. :help:

It's impressive that you can determine the call on Janmark was worse than a play you admit you didn't even see.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Penalties in 3on3 OT are usually gamedeciders. Killing off 2 minutes of 4on3 with the long change is really difficult. Unless the Penalty is 100% obvious i don't think it should be called. Just my opinion though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad