0 Congratulations to Florida

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
First time during the draft I’ve ever seen the cup winning team not get congratulated even once. Is Florida the NHL’s most hated team?
Nah. Vegas, Leafs, Rangers, Oilers right up there.
Did you watch every minute of the draft ....if so......can I ask why? 😉
Somebody must have congratulated them.

Evergreen

I think the NHL made a good choice to limit the acknowledgements this year and to have each of the first 16 picks bring in someone special to make the announcement. Really cool vibe to the draft this year.

It's a shame that it looks like this is the last in-person live draft we will get to see. Word is they are going with the NFL model next year (staff back in their respective cities and prospects at home by the phone) because team owners don't want to pay to send their staff to the draft.

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
No just thought it was odd. To be honest we love the bad guys image.

Hopefully you can win a cup soon! 67 is a long time and teams like Florida are winning while the Leafs continue to lose. Feels bad.

Sens fan… ironic. Brady gonna look good in Panther red.
Did you get your feelings hurt?

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Laugh emoji.

Enjoy your participation trophy! “We almost did it”
Give it a rest, 31 other GM's just watched a final take 3 weeks to play out they're focused on the player they're drafting and the blackjack tables or taking their wives out to a show on The Strip. boohoo so you didnt get your congrats' 31 times. You'll live.

Just watched a video of Panthers players walking with the cup trying to cross a street to take it to the beach and no one stopped.

Im also glad the league said "ok teams stop bringing up the entire front office including the owners' kid/nephew to the stage to announce the pick and just kept it to 2-4 people.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
There was a lot less yapping which is partly why it was the best draft I have ever watched.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Thought this also..................very very strange.

Did Zito do something to piss the whole league off?
Probably. He had a cap compliant team from people’s scraps and made them look stupid.

Give it a rest, 31 other GM's just watched a final take 3 weeks to play out they're focused on the player they're drafting and the blackjack tables or taking their wives out to a show on The Strip. boohoo so you didnt get your congrats' 31 times. You'll live.

Just watched a video of Panthers players walking with the cup trying to cross a street to take it to the beach and no one stopped.

Im also glad the league said "ok teams stop bringing up the entire front office including the owners' kid/nephew to the stage to announce the pick and just kept it to 2-4 people.
I said it was odd not that it affected my life. Reading is hard I guess.

Did you get your feelings hurt?
No. My team won unlike your shitty core.

Reactions: I am not exposed

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I mean it was brand new in the sphere for a live event. I feel like it was slow already. I don't think gms saying congratulations to Florida is a big deal. Like who cares.
But SJ taking 5min to pick Celery was sure a waste of time.

It's always long. Also Bettman thought about switching it to NBA style which now would be even worse .

Markster

Oct 13, 2019
1719703101244.gif

But anyway, when my team (Avs) won 2 years ago, I was still too drunk by the time the draft arrived to notice if other teams congratulated or not.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad