OT: ♫ The Music Thread ♫

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time!🥊
Dec 10, 2007
ATL

I've liked this amazing song since 1981. She was even featured on 60 Minutes.

Last edited:

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time!🥊
Dec 10, 2007
ATL

Classic​

Last edited:

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY

I've liked this amazing song since 1981. She was even featured on 60 Minutes.

I saw Love and Rockets last year in Brooklyn. They were great. I've wanted to see the original lineup of Jane's for years especially because Eric Avery has a very hot/cold relationship with Perry Farrell, and Dave Navarro was recovering from long Covid, but the venues they're playing at all kind of suck so it's a TBD.

Bummer about The Black Keys. I've never been a huge fan but from 2011-2015 they were pretty on top of the world (Rangers used Lonely Boy around this time as a second period start song if I remember correctly). I think all the extracurricular stuff (the dude married to Michelle Branch) and the industry changing so drastically from the mid-late 2010s really tanked them.

Reactions: Ben Grimm

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Bands that I am seeing this summer and fall

And a few more like Rivals, Spose,Gina Fritz, Rise Against which I still need to order.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
What songs evoke emotions from you because they remind you a specific point in time in your life? When I was in grad school in Pittsburgh I would have a bus drive me home. I remember I was in the bus and Take Me to Church would play every day. It was freezing outside and I had no job offers so it's not an entirely positive memory. This was around 2014-2015. Every time I hear that song it takes me back to that time.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So far my concerts this year…

Fall out boy
Matchbox Twenty
Gin Blossoms
Counting Crows

Future concerts later this year…

Toad the wet Sprocket
Pearl Jam

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
Just bought tickets the other night to another show, which brings my end-of-year show total to 5 (Aug-Oct). I always seem to load up toward the end of the year.

King Giz @ Forest Hills - 3 hour marathon set. Cannot express how amped I am for this show
Crumb @ Toad's
Idles @ Forest Hills
Fontaines DC @ Brooklyn Paramount - One of my current favorite bands, this show is on my birthday. Also cannot express how excited I am for this one
Osees @ Warsaw

I really f***ing hate going to shows in Brooklyn, but Fontaines and The Osees are beyond worth the trek.

For anyone in the NY area, what are you favorite NY venues? Forest Hills and Jones Beach are terrific for the amphitheater atmosphere. I went to a really cool spot last year called The Knockdown Center in Brooklyn, they had both indoor and outdoor stages and it was just a fun place to be at. I remember liking Irving Plaza, but I think it was just because I had VIP/balcony tickets and wasn't smushed in GA. I always wish I was older when CBGB's was around just to have gone there.

Last edited:

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Just bought tickets the other night to another show, which brings my end-of-year show total to 5 (Aug-Oct). I always seem to load up toward the end of the year.

King Giz @ Forest Hills - 3 hour marathon set. Cannot express how amped I am for this show
Crumb @ Toad's
Idles @ Forest Hills
Fontaines DC @ Brooklyn Paramount - One of my current favorite bands, this show is on my birthday. Also cannot express how excited I am for this one
Osees @ Warsaw

I really f***ing hate going to shows in Brooklyn, but Fontaines and The Osees are beyond worth the trek.

For anyone in the NY area, what are you favorite NY venues? Forest Hills and Jones Beach are terrific for the amphitheater atmosphere. I went to a really cool spot last year called The Knockdown Center in Brooklyn, they had both indoor and outdoor stages and it was just a fun place to be at. I remember liking Irving Plaza, but I think it was just because I had VIP/balcony tickets and wasn't smushed in GA. I always wish I was older when CBGB's was around just to have gone there.

Apparently Brooklyn Paramount is basically just a half mile walk straight up Flatbush from Barclays, so that's not too bad. Just take the LIRR transfer at Jamaica. One of my buddies has said good things about the venue.

I'm seeing Clutch & Rival Sons, and then Powerwolf there in September. Also Maiden at Barclays in November

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad