“We got a lot of respect in that (handshake) line from that team" - Sheldon Keefe....Thoughts on the handshake line.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Sheldon Keefe said:

“We got a lot of respect in that (handshake) line from that team, which is nice to see. It was a much different tone and much different feeling of respect from the other side from what we’ve experienced previously. We’re certainly earning respect in the league but, again, we’re not in the respect game. We’re in the winning game.” - Sheldon Keefe

Does this mean that in the past other teams and/or individual players bragged, gloated, and rubbed the loss in Toronto's face during the handshake line?

If so, what teams and/or individual players do you suspect of showing Toronto disrespect?

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
that70s-show-load-of-crap.gif

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Sheldon Keefe said:

Does this mean that in the past other teams and/or individual players bragged, gloated, and rubbed the loss in Toronto's face during the handshake line?

If so, what teams and/or individual players do you suspect of showing Toronto disrespect?
"We're in the winning game" Sure as f*** doesn't look like it Sheldon.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
I think it's time for Keefe to go. Reminds me of Boudreau with the Caps. Will rack up regular season points but the team will need another coach to get them to that next level.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
My God the guy will never live this down. ah ha It reminds me of the sort of "live in his own World macho speeches" the Oilers coaches have had over the years after a gazillion losses.

YearsintheWilderness

Jul 15, 2007
He realized the absurdity of it as he was speaking and tried to back pedal. But the damage was already done. They'll probably print the quote on the notices to season-ticket holders telling them to gleefully accept the 10% increase in ticket prices being rammed down their flabby, gullible necks because 'your Leafs were respected in the handshake line after they were eliminated in the first round.'

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad