GDT: “I’ve never been in love, but if a penguin can find a soul mate, I’m sure I can, too.” [Games #6 - Oct. 22] Penguins @ Flames, 7:30pm MT, 4:30am EEST

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
No hockey ninja yet? I'll put a place holder for him.

giphy.gif

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
So far through 3 starts each, Wolf and Vladar have allowed 7 and 8 goals respectively... however Wolf has faced 37 more shots.

Reactions: Straight Fire

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
I am deeply curious why the Penguins discovered that shooting on Wolf's glove side worked flawlessly and then immediately stopped trying it.

Like "okay, now we know he can't save that, let's move on and investigate these other moves."

Wolf said his penguins intel was wrong... so maybe somehow they freaked out and played themselves?

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
I am deeply curious why the Penguins discovered that shooting on Wolf's glove side worked flawlessly and then immediately stopped trying it.

Like "okay, now we know he can't save that, let's move on and investigate these other moves."
Maybe they noticed an adjustment? Or the fact that lefties started shooting? Letang was the only RH shot after Rust and I was surprised he went for the deke rather than a shot with him being a defenseman.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
@Straight Fire

also...
Costco

Naz

Inside the Room

Pickles on the postgame show

Reactions: Boomstick

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Scoring has started to dry up, as expected, but they’re getting really solid goaltending. Wolf should start against the Canes, too

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Scoring has started to dry up, as expected, but they’re getting really solid goaltending. Wolf should start against the Canes, too
Honestly, they've both earned it. Vladar only has poor numbers due to the first period vs Vancouver and none of those goals were on him, they were the result of the team being undisciplined.

I'd prefer Wolf starts against the Hurricanes and let Vladar deal with the Jets on Saturday. But I'm good with them continuing to alternate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad