Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Halifax
Carlo for Horvat
Reilly/pick for late pick
Smith for pick

Marchand - Bergy - Debrusk
Hall - Dk - Pasta
Zacha - Horvat - Coyle
Frederic - Nosek - Foligno
Greer

Grizz - Mcavoy
Lindy - Cliffy
Forbort - Stralman
Zboril
If that was the case.....I'd move Krejci to 1RW, Horvat to 2C and Debrusk to 3RW with Coyle in the middle. Coyle is wayyyyy more effective at C

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Frederic's goal also went through Nosek's legs last night on a nice screen in front and his cycle game was great per usual. It is too bad he didn't have just a tiny bit of finish because he does do a lot of nice things that you want out of a 4th line center. Wouldn't be shocked if he is one of those guys the locker room (not just the coaches) values and would be a hard pill to swallow for players seeing him jettisoned. Probably going to be a if it ain't broke situation and unless things go south (losing streak) and he still has no goals then maybe they'll start scratching him or move on if a replacement gets it done.

I think the fact that they shipped out Studnicka vs playing him at 4C over Nosek could support the bolded.

Reactions: BBruins and Gordoff

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
His AAV is $1.75mil, which is peanuts. He's doing exactly what Monty wants his 4th line center to do....win faceoffs, kill penalties and defend.

Yes his offensive numbers are pitiful, but that 4th line as a whole has been producing. I don't see a reason to mess with it, and I don't think moving Frederic to 4C makes this team better.

I'm still not convinced that Frederic is an NHL Centerman and I'd prefer not to experiment with him in that role unless injuries make it a necessity.
He was drafted as a centerman.........

Reactions: Gordoff

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Forward Lines Version 2

MAR BER ZAC
HAL COY PAS
FOL KRE DEB
GRE FRE SMI

Size on every line.
Youth on each line.
Skill pairs with a complimentary talent.
Nosek can play up down the line up and his PK / FO skills are needed. in my line up he stays in.
I get what you're saying and I think we'd all like to see more offense. With that said Nosek starts 83.4% of his zone starts in the defensive zone (most on the team) and is 58.1% in the dot (trailing only Bergeron). Sometimes you don't make the box score but had a hand in a goal. I think about Lauko's first go for example. Nosek drives the net, taking two defenders with him, which opened up a HUGE lane for Foligno to feed Lauko for a goal. Nosek didn't get credited with an assist on the play, but that goal doesn't happen if he doesn't create the passing lane for Foligno. Nosek has hit at least one post that I can recall as well, which is a bit of bad luck. All in all Nosek is being used in more of a defensive role than he was under Cassidy last year. Add to that he's probably gripping the stick a little to tight because he knows he's not producing offensively and here we are.
Well said ON3.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
If that was the case.....I'd move Krejci to 1RW, Horvat to 2C and Debrusk to 3RW with Coyle in the middle. Coyle is wayyyyy more effective at C
You are going to give up a D-man for a center you do not need this year does not make sense when I think even with McAvoy back I would like to see another D-man added to this team. That Defense you have put together is not playoff suitable in my mind.........

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
It’s scary when you think about how we have seen Clifton’s play fall off and need time upstairs over the years. Also scary with Clifton needing a big raise. You might be sitting with neither of them next year. But I would listen.
Agreed it's a bit scary, we're all used to thinking of Cliffy as that in and out 7th guy, but the way Monty is deploying him suggests he already considers Clifton ahead on the depth chart... I expect it will be a bigger topic as the season progresses.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
During all the chaos, anyone still think we are moving salary anytime soon, or just impossible with the shit storm happening? McAvoy is coming back, and we probably need to move at least 2 players.
Last I looked Bruins had near 6 million in space.Could be lower now no clue

Carlo for Horvat
Reilly/pick for late pick
Smith for pick

Marchand - Bergy - Debrusk
Hall - Dk - Pasta
Zacha - Horvat - Coyle
Frederic - Nosek - Foligno
Greer

Grizz - Mcavoy
Lindy - Cliffy
Forbort - Stralman
Zboril
Horvat should be a target for sure .Way he scoring though the price should be more then Carlo .Good bet Canucks wait till deadline it gives them time to try to sign him at very least

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Last I looked Bruins had near 6 million in space.Could be lower now no clue

Horvat should be a target for sure .Way he scoring though the price should be more then Carlo .Good bet Canucks wait till deadline it gives them time to try to sign him at very least
Why are we trading weakness defense for a strength center.............center is next years problem and you can get him without a cost.............blows my mind

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Why are we trading weakness defense for a strength center.............center is next years problem and you can get him without a cost.............blows my mind
Well that was my thinking in that it fixes centre hole moving forward.When healthy Bruins have 9 capable NHL D men it's not weak but I know what your saying.Last night Carlo sign me up,, Carlo vs Leafs trade him haha

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Agreed it's a bit scary, we're all used to thinking of Cliffy as that in and out 7th guy, but the way Monty is deploying him suggests he already considers Clifton ahead on the depth chart... I expect it will be a bigger topic as the season progresses.
I've always loved Cliffy's passion. So many ready to write him off was always puzzling to me. Not everyone can be McAvoy. Cliffy takes and gives the punishment and IMO he's just showing what he's capable of. I expect a lot more from him. He's versatile, intelligent, and has great upside IMO. I think Monty sees this and is utilizing him to his abilities. I don't really believe that Butch ever really saw it with him but deployed him for lack of a better option.
I just hope the Bruin's front office is able to re-sign him after this year.

Last edited:

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I was banging the drums to snag dylan strome last year when his value was dung. I was getting blasted. Look at him now only 25 yrs old. Caps got a solid center for years.

Sure helps when your most common linemate is Alex Ovechkin and you're getting the 2nd most PP TOI on the team. And wouldn't you know it, 60% of his production has come on the PP this year. Also helps when you're getting the 3rd highest ozS% on the team. Funny enough he's still trash in the dot at 45.3%

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Sure helps when your most common linemate is Alex Ovechkin and you're getting the 2nd most PP TOI on the team. And wouldn't you know it, 60% of his production has come on the PP this year. Also helps when you're getting the 3rd highest ozS% on the team. Funny enough he's still trash in the dot at 45.3%
Like I said kid puts up points I like points.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
287 game almost 200 points in his career already. 25 yrs old no brainer. Congrats caps.

The bolded is like me saying: 182 points almost 300 games in his career.

Reality is he requires players like Ovi, Kane and DeBrincat to actually produce. He's not a guy that makes his linemates better, just a complementary player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad