Андрэй Касціцын, director of scouting

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
I laughed out laugh today when watching TVASports Maxim Lapierre and Guillaume Latendresse were recalling the Habs players' intro when Ray Lalonde wanted them to speaking into the microphone and say ''Je suis Guillaume Latendresse'' and Andrei Kastitsyn was having none of it. He ended up just grimly saying his name without the ''Je suis'' if anyone has the clip please post it.

Anyway, I ended up gooling Касціцын cause I used to love him like anyone on these boards who's been around for 20+ years. I saw on his EliteProspects page that he was DIRECTOR OF SCOUTING for Dinamo Minsk in 2023-24. Like, seriously? Does anyone have any info in this. I would love to hear more about that story.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
This guy was my favorite player when our team became competitive for the first time as I was a teenager. Best amount of skills we drafted outside Demidov in my lifetime for sure, however a questionnable character and entourage lol
He was the original foresaken golden boy before Galchenyuk and KK - he could do absolutely no wrong in the eyes of some lol it was always the coaches or his line mates holding him back in their view. He had “elite skill” lmao, but those damn coaches and line mates would never let him spread his wings 😂. I remember hearing a lot of “he could end up as the best player from his draft” early on from Habs fans. The 2003 draft 😂. Good memories lmao.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
He was the original foresaken golden boy before Galchenyuk and KK - he could do absolutely no wrong in the eyes of some lol it was always the coaches or his line mates holding him back in their view. He had “elite skill” lmao, but those damn coaches and line mates 😂. I remember hearing a lot of “he could end up as the best player from his draft” early on from Habs fans. The 2003 draft 😂. Good memories lmao.
He was though. Injuries got in the way of a good career.

• Haha
Reactions: Garbageyuk

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I laughed out laugh today when watching TVASports Maxim Lapierre and Guillaume Latendresse were recalling the Habs players' intro when Ray Lalonde wanted them to speaking into the microphone and say ''Je suis Guillaume Latendresse'' and Andrei Kastitsyn was having none of it. He ended up just grimly saying his name without the ''Je suis'' if anyone has the clip please post it.

Anyway, I ended up gooling Касціцын cause I used to love him like anyone on these boards who's been around for 20+ years. I saw on his EliteProspects page that he was DIRECTOR OF SCOUTING for Dinamo Minsk in 2023-24. Like, seriously? Does anyone have any info in this. I would love to hear more about that story.
You even wrote his name in Belarusian…well done!!

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Not surprised to hear you say that lmao weren’t you in that camp with both AG and KK too?
Meh AG and KK are a lot more psychological. AK was injuries, of course if he had a better head for the game, he would've been a star though.

You even wrote his name in Belarusian…well done!!
Let us see your Belarusian babe in honor of.

• Love
Reactions: jaffy27

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Meh AG and KK are a lot more psychological. AK was injuries, of course if he had a better head for the game, he would've been a star though.

Let us see your Belarusian babe in honor of.
I don’t think she’d be happy with that….417 is the only one that’s seen her…he’ll vouch for her hotness lol

Belarusians are most extremely proud that Gretzky has Belarusian roots, not many Kostitsyn pics in Belarus but tons of Ovechkin!!

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
The second Habs game I ever went to I had ice level seats (lucky I know I've never sat that close again) and Kostitsyn grabbed the puck inside the blue line and wristed it bar down on just a nasty shot.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
@Mrb1p

Lol the guy had like no major injuries in his career. There was one season where he missed significant time, ~20 games or so. He just wasn’t that good, had limited IQ, and had no work ethic, much like the other two.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad