Fanatics signs 10 year deal to be uniform supplier of NHL

joelef

Nov 22, 2011
People act like the other companies wanted to partner with the NHL on this lol. Adidas did not want to extend with them. This was reported 8 months ago. This is the best the NHL could do because it was also likely the only offer they had.
Yeah that why I laughed when people were talking about us and nike

People act like the other companies wanted to partner with the NHL on this lol. Adidas did not want to extend with them. This was reported 8 months ago. This is the best the NHL could do because it was also likely the only offer they had.
Just like how neither gatoraid nor poweraide wanted them

beedee

Jan 13, 2014
Too bad Pro-Player didnt make a pitch. I love my 2001-2002 Los Angeles Kings one, its a tank!

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
You gotta figure that considering the fact they won't be making these as cheaper alternates that the quality should be much improved.

From the NHL standpoint, I doubt they would risk major loss of revenue by allowing fanatics to produce cheap shit given what's at stake.
Yeah, I would expect the quality and production standards to improve, but seeing all the mistakes the company has made on jerseys, shirts, sweaters etc. certainly creates some worry about whether they can manage.

dukedukowski

Jun 11, 2022
The on ice stuff isn't the problem. They'll make that well .
But fanatics has already shown they don't care about fan products.
And the fact is it's not like the NFL, NHL, etc doesn't know this.
Wake up. Major corps don't care about you.
They know this company is making knock off cheap crap and they don't care
Which they want and expect it to tank over time.
Fanatics owns topps for Pete sake!
They are destroying sports fan /hobby culture ,at a record pace.

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
They'll still sell just as many and in 10 years when they get someone who makes quality again they will sell twice as many.

F Gary and everything he has done. We need a new commissioner and an overhaul of a lot of major aspects of the league.

Reactions: JurequeparJuraj

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
This is a fantastic money saver for me! I won’t be buying NHL merch for the next 10 years or more!!!

Keep up the great work NHL!

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
Jennings said when the NHL knew Adidas was getting out of the hockey jersey business, it surveyed the "competitive landscape" to see what else what out there. In short order, it became apparent that Fanatics offered something "very appealing" to the league as a jersey-maker, Jennings said.

Nothing else was out there lol

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
Dont give a shit about Jerseys, but somewhere out there, Kanye West is crying tears of joy.

Mack a doodle doo

Apr 16, 2016
Not to Simp for a big corporation or anything and it’s not even like I’m a big fan of their products but if the NHL was actually serious about growing the game and had any social awareness they would’ve moved mountains to have their jerseys made by Nike(Adidas is the second best option, but doesn’t even touch Nike for influence on culture in the US)

Shortsighted decision by the NHL, it would’ve likely paid off overall in the long run for them
Had they’ve been able to secure a deal with Nike

Last edited:
Reactions: BMacLeafs

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Horrible. I enjoy collecting jerseys but I guess I’m done now
I've been done since they went to these stupid slim fit ones around 2008. They felt like cheap sweatshop knockoffs. The 90s Ultrafil CCM ones were the best. Still have an authentic Brodeur from 94 or so hanging in the closet

Reactions: aufheben

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
would’ve moved mountains to have their jerseys made by Nike(Adidas is the second best option, but doesn’t even touch Nike for influence on culture in the US)

Shortsighted decision by the NHL, it would’ve likely paid off overall in the long run for them
👎Nike sucks. Some teams already had Nike jerseys in the 90s if I remember right.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
The NHL really cannot go one day without embarrassing itself.

Seems fitting. Crappy jerseys made for a crap league.
the-simpsons-abe-simpsons.gif

joelef

Nov 22, 2011
Not to Simp for a big corporation or anything and it’s not even like I’m a big fan of their products but if the NHL was actually serious about growing the game and had any social awareness they would’ve moved mountains to have their jerseys made by Nike(Adidas is the second best option, but doesn’t even touch Nike for influence on culture in the US)

Nike doesn’t seem interested. More and more mainstream brands are either dropping or not caring about the nhl.

It embarrassing the no big brands want anything to do with the nhl. Gateraid, poweraid etc….

Reactions: BMacLeafs

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Finland
    Austria vs Finland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,377.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Sweden vs Kazakhstan