Who wins game 7 - Toronto or Boston?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Matthews come back = Toronto lose.

Matthews stays out of the lineup = Toronto wins.
Honestly sometimes you play better when team comes together without their star. He plays they defer to him and all step back he doesn't play they all step up. It's a mental thing that's real and could be a factor here. Who knows what happens but the first goal gonna be huge. Can't wait to watch !

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Boston ice will be a story.

Close game. Pucks bouncing, players falling.

Will Toronto be allowed boarding majors in this one is another question.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I think most people had written off the Leafs after game 4 - especially with Matthews being out. But here we are with 2 straight wins - both games where they didn't just win, but also deserved to win and where Boston hasn't played particularly well, so momentum has definitely shifted.

No one knows if Matthews will be back or not for game 7 yet - but you have to assume it's a possibility. So a lot of uncertainty there.

So - what's your prediction? Who wins game 7, and is it a close game or a blowout?
Boston looks completely lost and in their heads. Coach seems terrified as well.

I think Toronto blows them out of the water unfortunately

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Matthews come back = Toronto lose.

Matthews stays out of the lineup = Toronto wins.

This is such a nuanced and genius take, I’m actually floored that you were able to put this together.

I can’t believe you’re the first one to think of it!

Delete it before Montgomery reads it and benches the players they’ve been blowing 3-1 series leads with, like Marchand and pasta. We wouldn’t want to bruins to figure out this genius strat and win on saturday

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
I think Boston will take it, just because the Leafs have never given me a reason to have faith in their ability to close this out. I’d love to be proven wrong, but I’m tired of always believing in them and then ending up feeling like a clown.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I think it will be a close game that could go either way. Prepared for the worst but I am going with Toronto

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Things would have to get real weird for it to not be a close one at this point.

I still think Boston takes it, but my Leafs have made me look like an idiot the last couple games.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Matthews coming back but the Leafs losing would be the most Toronto result possible, but Boston has looked like shit so idk.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Don't care for either team but I went with Boston in a close one. 3-2 Bruins

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
I think it just really comes down to if the Leafs can finally show up at a winner take all game.I do think this Toronto team has gotten slightly better at games like these in terms of effort since the Montreal series though still haven’t gotten it right yet and haven’t given you reasons yet to have full faith in them(See Tampa Bay game 7 2022). They barely scrapped by Tampa Bay last year and one goal:bad bounce away from another game 7 after leading 3-1.

This is a much different and weaker Boston team that this leafs core has dealt with in the past playoffs though. It’s not even the same team of last year. Their offence depth isn’t that great that they need it to be tight games even though the leafs have adapted to playing it tight as well and getting the better of the Bruins, the games have still been close and it’s always still anyways game in games like that. The few small moments in this series were Boston has open up, the Leafs have taken advantage of (mutiple breakaways end of game 6) The Bruins could really get blown out if they try to do that as a game plan. Especially if Woll continues his calm and collective play.

Even with saying that, the leafs are still the leafs and this core can’t be trusted yet until they actually do it. There’s about several ways I can see this game going but I just really don’t know. It’s part of what makes this game so interesting to see what the hell is gonna happen.

It will be a devastating lost for whoever loses though but I do think the leafs need it more. I don’t think Boston really does anything to Florida if they win. I always said Toronto needs to win a 7 game emotional rollatcoaster series to maybe go on a run finally. It would be interesting see what change to the mindset and confidence to the Leafs core if they finally beat this game 7 demon and also finally beat Boston that has mostly been the cause for their reputation the last decade.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I think Boston will take it, just because the Leafs have never given me a reason to have faith in their ability to close this out. I’d love to be proven wrong, but I’m tired of always believing in them and then ending up feeling like a clown.
Why would you feel like a clown? It is just a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad