GDT: WCSF GM01 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Wed. May 8th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | In Arturs We Trust

Status
Not open for further replies.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Did anyone see Corrado on the price and sekeres show yesterday? He literally said the only way we win is if Skinner plays like shit. So fu** him he's officially become just another sheep in this bizzarro world where the mandate is to push the oilers being some powerhouse, it's the leafs of the west situation.

Sekeres who I used to hate along with Blake have now become champions for the team which just adds to the whole madness that's is round two.
Like I know I'm ranting here but it's crazy how every thing Vancouver was because Nashville played bad or Vancouver played bad, not Nashville playing well.

I really really want us to beat these shits badly, like game 1 badly, just to see the meltdown .

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
I feel like the lindholm line would be best against McDavids because once they get in the offense its hard to get the puck off garland and make their line waste time playing defense

Did anyone see Corrado on the price and sekeres show yesterday? He literally said the only way we win is if Skinner plays like shit. So fu** him he's officially become just another sheep in this bizzarro world where the mandate is to push the oilers being some powerhouse, it's the leafs of the west situation.

Sekeres who I used to hate along with Blake have now become champions for the team which just adds to the whole madness that's is round two.
Like I know I'm ranting here but it's crazy how every thing Vancouver was because Nashville played bad or Vancouver played bad, not Nashville playing well.

I really really want us to beat these shits badly, like game 1 badly, just to see the meltdown .
Bud we're without demko and got outplayed by the preds

We are most likely losing

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
At the end of the day, it's irrelevant what the analysts say. The games will be decided on the ice. For those of you expecting mea culpas and rending of garments should the Canucks end up winning the series, don't hold your breath. The talking heads can always spin it as the unpredictability of playoff hockey or make some self deprecating comment about how this is why they're on radio rather than working in the league making the tough decisions.

Personally, I think we're going to make a series of it. Silovs is playing well and he's been really good picking up pucks through screens. The Oilers, however, can also force him side to side and we will see how he manages new looks on offense. With more room out there, Canucks should be able to generate some looks of their own. We will need to hit a good offensive streak to get by these guys but it wouldn't be the first time that's happened.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I'm happy for the canucks to seemingly viewed as massive underdogs. Just provides more motivation for the locker room to come out and lay an 8-1 thrashing on them tonight....

This is the same talk the Oilers had about them last playoff going into round 2. We know what happened. And honestly, the Oiler PP played well in round 1 against the Kings. That is about it. That was the only area where they were dominant against the Kings. It was a 5 game series win where at 5-on-5 they were below water on expected goal share.

Last edited:

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
I'm pretty sure the 2 teams match up fairly evenly in the end. Like I called in the preds series, a lot of this is just going to come down to puck luck . get shots on goal, don't try to be to fancy.

We have an edge on D, with Z, Soucy and Meyers having the size to endure. And no one other than McGod can skate like Hughes.

I think it is actually going to come down to whether or not EP elevates for this series.

Reactions: Macheteops

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Does our franchise player still have a tummy ache? Or is he in for tonight?

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Wohoo, about freaking time. Finally game time. Seems like it's been forever, so stoked.
Pettersson apparently had the flu and will be playing tonight which is great. We really need him to be a presence in the second round.
Hoping Silovs can remain hot and shut the door on the big trio of McDavid, Draisaitl and Hyman, going to be a tough task for the rookie goaltender, but hopefully he can do it.

Anyways we shall see, I am really excited for this one. Would really love to shut up a lot of the Oilers fans, most "not all" have been quite arrogant and cocky.

Let's go Canucks

Reactions: Indiana

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
I feel like the lindholm line would be best against McDavids because once they get in the offense its hard to get the puck off garland and make their line waste time playing defense

Bud we're without demko and got outplayed by the preds

We are most likely losing
We did not get outplayed by the press aside from 1 game. The only stat they led in overall in the series was shots, 25-23 average per game.

Obviously it would be ideal to have Demko but from February to the end of round 1 we have been the best defensive team and we no longer need a vezina calibre goalie to win. For all the talk about the oilers in round one the kings played them even 5on5 and the oilers still played mostly meh in their end.

My point tho was more to do with how much the media is painting this as lobsided based on nothing but the series against the kings, while at the same time we shut down a team who since February outscored and had a better pp than the vaunted oilers yet.

Guess we will see tonight.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
It is game day, my dudes.

1715176216163.jpeg

At long last! It’s finally here! Drop the damn puck!

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

HelloCookie

Nov 23, 2016
Finland
As a guitarist I demand to know what the Ericsson pedal does.
The Empty Net Assassin 5000 superfuzz pedal is a univox super fuzz clone with some further adjustability is what I was sold. Buyers remorse? Maybe. To describe it further, it makes the tune to sound like.... well, let's say you have a 1x12 bass cabinet and this bad boy will transcend it into 6x6! When you trigger the pedal Loui's eyes turn blue.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Much as I felt Game 1 was a must win for LA (they didn't win), I feel like Game 1 is a must-win for Vancouver to plant some seeds of doubt in Edmonton's mind. Hope they're ready to come out guns blazing. If the Oilers are half as overconfident as their fans, we might be able to catch them by surprise.
It’s not must win, honestly, but it would give us some serious momentum, way more than the average playoff series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad