Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Both lmao😂

Yeah, is kind of what I figured. IDK, is always seemed like a strange narrative to take pressure off of mentally weak Vancouver players and lower the expectations of fans.

Miller is 31. Boeser is 27. Petterson is 26. Hronek is 27. Hughes is 24. Demko is 28. Of your core players, you're averaging 27 years old.

McDavid is 27. Draisaitl is 28. Bouchard is 24. Nurse is 28. Hyman is 30. RNH is 30. Skinner is 25. Of the Oilers core players we're averaging 27 years old.

The only real difference in these teams ages is the Perry's and Ryan's being older than the Aman's and DiGuseppe's. The canucks even have basically the same salary cap troubles the Oilers do, and spent even more lavishly at the trade deadline than the Oilers did. The reality is - both the canucks and the oilers alike will likely lose one or two good players to fit under the cap.

It feels strange to me that there's this idea that the oilers are old and on the downturn yet apparently the Canucks are spry spring chickens just experiencing their first dip of their toes into the league. They're literally the same age.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
For such a loud mouthpiece you've been literally the entire year you're already making pre-excuses. I don't think Ive seen a single Oiler fan on this board embarrass their fanbase the way you do constantly you spent the entire season talking about how the Canucks would run over the Oilers and now its the Canucks have an excuse time.
Am confident the Canucks will beat oilers on Monday. But i know for a fact they are missing a huge piece in net, so winning this series would be huge. I bet if Oilers had to play Nugent pumpkin in 1st line with their best player out, they would also make excuses for sure. Demko is Canucks best player aside from Hughes.

• Haha
Reactions: McHelpus and Tebowz

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Hughes after scoring a goal in these playoff…

… oh wait.

That “funny looking cross-eyed” guy is absolutely pwning the Canucks. He’s killing them… completely outplaying a Norris finalist.

His cross eyes are an advantage for sure. Thats why his shot is good and his defense is awful, his eyes is always looking at the puck, no spatial awareness whatsoever.

• Haha
Reactions: HockeyWooot

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
That's fair. I'm just saying its not like this season is just the start of the Canucks trying to contend. Their depth is likely to take a massive hit next season and a lot of their big name guys are either about to start massive contracts or are going to be in the next 2 years which even further cuts into their depth which at the moment is the biggest strength of this team. Without really good depth the Canucks don't have some spectacular stars that shine above other contenders stars. Obviously this is a massive year for the Oilers and might have huge implications on what happens with McDavid and Draisaitl going forward, but this is also a pretty massive year for Vancouver who probably won't get this same opportunity again in the next few years.
We have a few prospects that could make a splash in the next few years here. If all goes well then we got Lekkerimaki, Pettersson , Willander . All could very well become full timers in due time. It's not all doom and gloom. If we could get Petey back on track that would help too. That contract at the moment is scary. He needs to play to his capabilities or we are f***ed.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Zach Hyman is like a modern day Chris Kunitz.. Not that good of a player, but just benefits from his linemate.. Hyman is to McDavid as Kunitz was to Crosby. He'd never have anywhere near those points anywhere else.
Ol Frogface only ever scored 30 goals once in his career.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
We have a few prospects that could make a splash in the next few years here. If all goes well then we got Lekkerimaki, Pettersson , Willander . All could very well become full timers in due time. It's not all doom and gloom. If we could get Petey back on track that would help too. That contract at the moment is scary. He needs to play to his capabilities or we are f***ed.
Everybody has a Darnell Nurse on their team. Hopefully, EP is yours!

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
Canucks have an excuse, the Oilers do not. Canucks are still an inexperienced group, first time in playoffs and have injuries to key players with their number 1 goalie being out for the whole playoffs. What is the Edmonton Oilers excuse if they lose this series??

Our number 1 goalie does not even exist.

TheWrongWay

May 7, 2023
New York
Is there any doubt McDavid comes up HUGE in game 7?

I mean, is there a bigger guarantee than this?

(not a jinx post...so do not go there...I'll put my money where my mouth is)

I'm not saying you're wrong. But since your avatar is a crow on a plate, I suggest maybe it's possible ;)

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
No question those prospects give the Canucks hope for longer term contention. The only problem I see with that is JT Miller's age fitting with that contention window and the rest of their stars being no shows as difference makers in these playoffs. If they can become difference makers then their chances improve dramatically. I just don't know if I see it with EP. Hughes I can see becoming a big time playoff player simply because of his elite skating and puck moving.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Yeah, is kind of what I figured. IDK, is always seemed like a strange narrative to take pressure off of mentally weak Vancouver players and lower the expectations of fans.

Miller is 31. Boeser is 27. Petterson is 26. Hronek is 27. Hughes is 24. Demko is 28. Of your core players, you're averaging 27 years old.

McDavid is 27. Draisaitl is 28. Bouchard is 24. Nurse is 28. Hyman is 30. RNH is 30. Skinner is 25. Of the Oilers core players we're averaging 27 years old.

The only real difference in these teams ages is the Perry's and Ryan's being older than the Aman's and DiGuseppe's. The canucks even have basically the same salary cap troubles the Oilers do, and spent even more lavishly at the trade deadline than the Oilers did. The reality is - both the canucks and the oilers alike will likely lose one or two good players to fit under the cap.

It feels strange to me that there's this idea that the oilers are old and on the downturn yet apparently the Canucks are spry spring chickens just experiencing their first dip of their toes into the league. They're literally the same age.
Great post. I mean the Oilers being the “oldest” team is cause guys like a Henrique and Perry were added. That average goes way down when Holloway, Broberg, become regulars next year.

SharksCyclops

May 4, 2010
Bay Area
In terms of the series and game 7, of course this sucks for Vancouver and Boeser. I hope he recovers fully and his health isn't affected long term from this. I don't know a single thing about blood clots but have heard nothing but scary things about them.

Reactions: Oilslick941611
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad