Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
And to add to this, you’re ultimately facing against only 4 teams of the 31 available. So being able to beat those 4 specific isn’t the same as beating them all.
And then add the fact that you could be facing 4 teams who aren’t at their peak at the specific time you face them. When we won our cup, both Draisaitl and Point were legitimately on one leg/foot.
Drysattle had both legs...they just didn't work in the defensive zone.

I didn't think it was possible to hate them more....

It is wrong of me to hope that Zadorov 'scheifeles' mcturvid tonight???

• Love
Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
If Rempemania taught us anything, it's that there's a sizable contingent of hockey fans who absolutely love guys who play like that.
Based on the rise of UFC and other fighting forms, I'm not surprised. Hockey would probably have more casuals watching if there was more brutal hits and brutal fights.

Not sure how hockey fans would feel though.

I mean, I don't wish anything stupid stuff like Trouba but solid hit which Zado can deliver I'd be delighted to see. Just good old tough hit delivered right.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Trouba got this close of getting suspended for the rest of the playoffs

That's a Saturday morning cartoon level missed hit right there!

Everyone knows it's spelled Dry Saddle.

Reactions: Avsfan1921

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
NHL officiating is so comically stupid sometimes. Tkachuk starts all that. Swipes and Swayman, which starts a scrum. Then it's basically over, and he rams into another Bruin which causes more shit. Instead of him getting a penalty, they give it to the Burins player for "ripping an opponents helmet off".

Dumb as f***.

LOL and Marchand just blew him up as I type this.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Lucky he wasn't paralyzed ram-manning his head into the glass. Dude won't get what he deserves until he either ends someone's career/kills them, or himself.
Trouba is the first player in a long time where if he broke his own neck throwing one of those hits it would be hard to even feel bad for him and not think he just hardcore hit the karmic find out phase of FAFO

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Sportsnet gave some props to Makar while watching Panthers PP. He said something like you should've seen Makar out there he's a wizard at making those shot go through. Damn we're lucky !

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Sportsnet gave some props to Makar while watching Panthers PP. He said something like you should've seen Makar out there he's a wizard at making those shot go through. Damn we're lucky !
Garry Galley in the Jets-Avs series - here is an in depth analysis of everything the Jets need to do to get going and win. Blatantly disappointed in the results

Garry Galley in the Bruins-Panthers series - have you seen that Cale Makar kid who is not playing in this series? He’s the best

• Haha
Reactions: Spilot23

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Blues.

ROR is good but I wouldn’t call him high end 1C
RoR was probably the weakest 1C in recent times, but in 19 he was so good defensively, his line dominated everyone.

Edit: also Boston doesn't have anyone like RoR on their team right now.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Blues and Caps won the cup without high end 1C. Backstrom and ROR are very good players but neither is a high end 1C

RoR was probably the weakest 1C in recent times, but in 19 he was so good defensively, his line dominated everyone.

Edit: also Boston doesn't have anyone like RoR on their team right now.
Caps with Backstrom also another team. I don’t think you can call Backstrom a high end 1C

Reactions: Chiarelli

EscapedGoat

Jun 15, 2012
Why not? There’s lots of ways to build a winner

It's pretty rare for a team to win without a higher end 1C. But I hesitate to try to educate you on that lest you say I'm not letting you voice your opinion then calling me Hitler.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad