NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread – THANK YOU, HELLO PHASE TWENTY-SEVEN!

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
It would be cool if you could take an Apple laptop chassis and put Windows stuff inside. Can't we all just get along?

PizfIGP.gif

We start the day with @Hollywood Cannon on the clock, @BiggE on deck, me on the lido deck, and @Beef Invictus on the lido afterdeck with a bowl of Korn.

No one needs to be reminded that refereeing is difficult - for years we have been hammered over the head with that nugget. Also, there is no question that the introduction of replay and challenges has destroyed the confidence of referees - I have watched it happen step by step. But come the f*** on. Baseball, basketball, football, the other football. The state of it is f***ing atrocious. It would be nice if there were some leadership somewhere in the world which would do something about it.

Also, Charles McAvoy is a massive pigboy. Oink.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
And it’s just another glorious day in Methgators country!

IMG_8086.jpeg

Now, please crack open a bottle of rotgut, fire one up and welcome Methgators legend, Jim Brockmire!
IMG_3390.gif

Oh come on, seriously? Doesn’t this shit ever end. Fine, ok, no need to get that undertaker fella. Speaking of undertakers, this one time in Vero beach, this Thai ladyboy sure seemed dead but then McCarver whipped out his..
IMG_2500.gif

Um, yeah, ok, uh please welcome to Jacksonville our official Methgators knight of the round table, Sir Bedivere!
IMG_8034.gif

@Captain Dave Poulin , it’s your time to shine or like whatever

Attachments

• IMG_8086.jpeg
    IMG_8086.jpeg
    123.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2500.gif
    IMG_2500.gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 1

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I'm in the middle of the first season of "Invasion." Maybe that's why I think Chet Holmgren is an alien, but I don't think so.

T2soQEw.gif

I'll probably pick in a minute, and then we'll start the day with @Beef Invictus on the clock, @Young Sandwich on deck with a pair (phrasing), then back to Biff, then back to me, then on to @Hollywood Cannon, who doesn't have to wait until then to make his first pick, obviously.

We are looking at storms this afternoon. It's times like these (and all others) that I wish I actually lived in a bunker.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
This is the only card game that I am legitimately good at, and I'm legitimately great at it. We used to have tournaments in college. After college, we'd play it for hours in Hardees after we'd inhaled some huge burgers and fries. I've played it online with/against the computer, but not with/against people for a long time. You see, I stopped interacting with people as soon as it was possible to do so, because people suck. The game rules, though.

1715169825459.png

Team Card Game - Spades

@Beef Invictus @Hollywood Cannon

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Burrito consumed. Thank you CDP! Ungainly CDP! Homeless CDP! Betetanussed CDP!

First I pick WAR MOVIE. I pick a movie and director which DO NOT show up in ANY searches. I pick based upon the logic of my father, a reasoning I have never seen proven wrong: "There is no such thing as a bad submarine movie."

DAS BOOT

1715198934175.png

Featuring Count Leto Atreides as a sub commander, DAS BOOT is about a submarine that does some stuff and has some troubles and then someone gets machinegunned. [REDACTED] is a director great at portraying the stupid utter futility of Germany's deluded stupid war. It's almost like the Lost Cause narrative, but without any glorification of it. Like if the South finished the Civil War and shat on itself instead, like they should have. If you haven't seen it then you've made a huge mistake.

@Young Sandwich ! Delicious Sandwich! Juvenile Sandwich! Pubescent Sandwich!

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Have to be quick today, so here is my pair.

MV5BYTFiM2U0MjktNjUyMy00YzdhLWE0ZmUtNDUxNTA0MjhjZjBlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUzOTY1NTc@._V1_.jpg

Team War Movie - Stripes

There are many directions we could go for Team Concert Venue, but we ultimately decided to go with the one that will provide some additional perks to go along with it. A small, intimate venue with arguably the best acoustics in the city that also happens to have a damn good bar and restaurant attached? Sign us up.

SFY35LR7L5CY7IB7XBDRVFPA5Y.jpg

Team Concert Venue - Johnny Brenda's

@Beef Invictus Moist Beef! Korned Beef! Rigor Mortised Beef!

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Thank you kindly, Young Sandwich! Lithe Sandwich! Sensual Sandwich! Plump sandwich!

Now I pick the other thing I pick. The thing is going to be THE KNIGHT.

LEODEGRANCE

1715199797806.png

Leo here was the keeper of the Round Table. He gifted it to Arthur. He was Gwen's father, and Arthur's earliest and most devout ally. The first king to pledge fealty without being assbottomed. He in turn helped assbottom many others. He is most famous for being Patrick Stewart.

@Captain Dave Poulin ! Stabby CDP! Salmony CDP! Wet CDP!

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
As I'm sure you remember, my goodwill ambassador is Olivia de Havilland.

OlelBvh.gif

For badwill ambassador, I am choosing her sister Joan. Which is why I had to stop Magua from talking about it in the last phase - I'm sneaky that way. Both of them were born in Tokyo to British parents, and both of them were gorgeous, and both of them ruled, but they couldn't stand each other for most of their lives. That should help with the badwill ambassadoring.

1wz6ap1.gif

Team Badwill Ambassador - Joan Fontaine

Luckily, my brother @Hollywood Cannon and I have a much better relationship.

@BiggE

l7sTxjp.gif

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Well lemme tell ya something, BROTHER!!
IMG_6462.gif

You know dudes, there can only be one local icon for a storied franchise like the Jackson Methgators, BROTHER!! He’s the man who put Florida wrestling on the map dudes! The son of a plumber, the American Dream, BROTHER!! The one and only, DUSTY RHODES!!
IMG_2478.gif

@Hollywood Cannon , have you ever wined and dined with kings and queens and broke your fast with pork n beans, baybeh?

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Yosh, it's Thursday. And ... I don't know.

t5Vq9W7.gif

We start the day with my brother @Hollywood Cannon on the clock with two picks, @BernieParent on deck, but with his pick in my possession, @Rebels57 on the lido deck, and Milord on the lido afterdeck.

I have been sitting on "Siblings Romance" for a week after watching the first episode, trying to space it out to make it last. I was going to wait and watch on Thursdays, but last night I had sweet f*** all to watch, so I went a day early. It is just delightful, and SO real. It has been getting a lot of attention in the various vicarious simp communities, and I can see why. It rules.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Alright so with our first pick we're going to turn our attention to the Official Team Wrist Watch category and select one that's very near and dear to our heart...

We are proud to select the Rolex Daytona.

Why is this near and dear to my heart you ask? Well when my dad passed away a few years my step-mom gave each of us one of my dad's watches and this is the one that I got. It's my most prized possession.

m126503-0003_modelpage_front_facing_landscape.png

Next we're going to pick from the Official War Movie category and select...

Schindler's List

https%3A%2F%2Ftf-cmsv2-smithsonianmag-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Ffiler_public%2Fce%2F60%2Fce606b0a-bd71-43b3-84d6-08811e7828c7%2Fschindlers.jpg

I believe this is an allowable pick since Spielberg was drafted in the Directors draft and not the "regular" MegaDraft. Someone can correct me if i'm wrong here.

A fantastic film that again is somewhat tied to my dad as he always had plans to travel to Europe when he turned 50 with some of his friends as he was a WWII nut and wanted to see the sites. His health wouldn't allow him to so when he passed my family went on the trip across Europe to see many of the sites including Schindler's factory in Krakow.

@BernieParent may you wow us with your wonder.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Here is @BernieParent's pick.

"The owners of the Halifax Galleons are very pleased to choose as our Team Knight of the Round Table, Sir Galahad.

1715266723382.png

"The bastard son of Sir Lancelot and Eliane of Corbenic, Sir Galahad was known for his purity in spirit, nobility, courage, loyalty, and talent as a swordsman. Raised in a monastery, he was instilled with a sense of devotion that surpassed the temporal aspirations of knighthood. He wasn’t merely a warrior; he was a vessel of divine purpose.

"According to legend, Sir Galahad received a vision from God of the Holy Grail, and the Siege Perilous, on which only the knight who would seek the Grail could sit, bore his name. Visionary revelations, often in dreams, provided Sir Galahad with clues, guidance, and validation that he was on the correct path. Sir Galahad also drew a sword out of the stone, on which was written that only the best knight could extract it.

"While many knights sought the Grail, Galahad’s approach was distinct. His journey was as much about inner reflection and spiritual growth as it was about overcoming external challenges. He was not driven by pride or ambition but by genuine devotion and a desire to serve a higher purpose. Instead of relying solely on his martial skills or worldly wisdom, Galahad often paused for prayer, seeking divine intervention. His humility and reliance on spiritual guidance rather than brute force or cunning made his quest distinctive.

@Rebels57 do you know the way to the Castle Anthrax?"

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Alright so with our first pick we're going to turn our attention to the Official Team Wrist Watch category and select one that's very near and dear to our heart...

We are proud to select the Rolex Daytona.

Why is this near and dear to my heart you ask? Well when my dad passed away a few years my step-mom gave each of us one of my dad's watches and this is the one that I got. It's my most prized possession.

m126503-0003_modelpage_front_facing_landscape.png

Did you ever sort the problem with this watch? Insurance I think? It's been a while, but I remember something.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
FOG Team Haunted Area

EASTERN STATE PENITENTIARY

An infamous location to all of us Philly locals, ESP is considered one of the most haunted buildings in America. Unspeakable horrors took place to both inmates and employees between 1829 and 1971 when it was operational.

haunted1.jpg

Its most famous inmate was none other than Al Capone. You can go on tours of the grounds today, including Capones cell.

capone-reduced.jpg

They also have Haunted Houses there around Halloween and it has been the site of countless Paranormal Investigations by the different TV shows.

@Lord Defect grace us with your "wisdom."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad