NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread – THANK YOU, HELLO PHASE TWENTY-SEVEN!

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
The plats are happy, if not emotional, to choose PINOCHLE as our team card game. Playing at the beach was my grandpop's favorite.

1994.jpg

As if there's any other way to look at a handful of jacks and 9s

@Striiker you're up kid

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I hd a thought, but then I yeeted it right out of my head. So mid, innit.

iLk0yxi.jpg

We start the day with @Striiker on the clock, @JojoTheWhale on deck, CelsiusFartboat69 on the lido deck, and the defective bastard on the lido afterdeck. @ajgoal can make up his pick as soon as he comes on.

I was thinking that we are mere weeks away from a sports wasteland, and we are, but then I remembered that the Euros start June 14, so it won't be a huge and lengthy wasteland. We'll have another one after the Euros, but it won't be too long either.

Anyway, the good news is that the most recent season of "I Am SOLO" ended very nicely. The other good news is that I have some episodes backed up of both SOLO series, so plenty to watch. The other OTHER good news is that "My Sibling's Romance" was made by the same producer who made the earlier seasons of "EXchange," so it is going to be excellent. Just jot all of that down in your notebooks.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
I was tempted to just go ahead and name @Striiker as my badwill ambassador, but we'll go another direction. :sarcasm:

A lot of modern card games are full value for their entertainment, but there is something to be said about a game you can play with any standard deck of cards.

Our choice is a family game in our household, spanning several generations and it is basically a requirement in my family that you drink rum and coke while playing. **Incidentally, playing this game with my grandfather was the first time I had a sip of alcohol. :laugh:

The Seattle Sockeyes are thrilled to select cribbage.

pic121093.jpg

@Lord Defect, it is tradition in our family to yell "Yip!" when you flip the cut card. Have you ever laid claim to a 29 hand?

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Yosh.

Z9BHc2g.jpg

We start the day with @Lord Defect on the clock (I have PM-ed him), @Rebels57 on deck, Bernie on the lido deck, and my brother on the lido afterdeck. @ajgoal has to make up his pick.

Just a quick note to the Left Coast. All other Quacks are ineligible for selection as Team Badwill Ambassador or anything else. I thought I had reminded everyone often enough, but it never hurts to drop a refresher every now and then.

Yosh.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
For our first pick, we are righting a massive wrong. Our knight of the round table (or badwill ambassador if this doesn’t fit the category) will be none other than
Sir Christopher Lee. He not only has had a distinguished acting career, but has had a more disguising life than most generations within several families have.
He has done or been an Opera singer, heavy metal singer, step cousin in law to Ian Fleming , acquaintance to the assassins to Rasputin, witness to the last French public execution, intelligence officer for the royal Air Force, beat malaria 6 times in one year, climbed mt Vesuvius three days prior to erupting, fluent in 6 languages, nazi hunter and interrogator, special forces operator(that he refused to elaborate on), spy, was the only person in the lord of the rings to have actually meet Tolkien, has portrayed Frankensteins monster Dracula and the mummy, Sherlock Holmes, Rasputin, somehow passed over as James Bond after Ian Fleming himself suggested him for the role but played a Bond villain, Count Dooku, Saruman(where he instructed Peter Jackson the proper noise a man stabbed in the lungs from the back would make).

IMG_3802.jpeg

(Here’s a picture of Lee at a table that is round)

@Rebels57 have you done anything remotely as cool as Mr Lee has?

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Just to clear that up, it's not as stupid as it first seems, since Christopher Lee has been knighted. But for this category, we need them to be specifically a knight of the Round Table, from a legit source. So I'll stick him in as Team Badwill Ambassador next to all the Brieres.
But he sat at a round table a few times! It counts

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I finished the Bon Jovi mockumentary. Let me know when alll of you have finished so we can discuss it.

JZQp6Wr.gif

We start the day with @Rebels57 on the clock, @BernieParent on deck, @Hollywood Cannon on the lido deck, and Bigglesworth on the lido afterdeck, with ajgoal in the hole with a make-up pick.

I'm seeing (not watching, obviously) all these clips from the Tom Brady roast last night. Can he not just f*** off already? Sincere question.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Sorry for the delay Quackers!

The FOG will kick things off in this most glorious of new phases with our Team War Movie.

Stanley Kubrick, the FOG Team Director, is arguably the greatest director in the history of film. His Vietnam Masterpiece FULL METAL JACKET manages to somehow be as hilarious (the first half at boot camp with the iconic Drill Srgt Hartman) as it is grim (the second half in Vietnam). It's eerily reminiscent to the experience of being a Flyers fan. Unlike the Flyers, it's a must see and endlessly quotable and rewatchable.

1715020336052.png

@BernieParent, please don't quote Drill Srgt. Hartman when you're at the pulpit.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
[Writing]: "Note ... to ... self ... don't ... quote ... Drill Sgt. ... Hartman ... in ... sermons.

Okay, good advice, @Rebels57. One of my friends who was a fellow preacher once decided to use a video clip about sales for a sermon. He chose Alec Baldwin's speech from Glengarry Glen Ross without reviewing for colourful language. :oops: It was awhile before he did another sermon.

Now onto business.

"The Halifax Galleons go far across the continent to select our Team Concert Venue: Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Denver, Colorado.

691433ac-2b56-4281-b224-e7f7b303d1dd.jpg

At 6,450 feet above sea level, Red Rocks Park is a unique transitional zone where the Great Plains meet the Rocky Mountains. The diverse environment allows visitors to see plants, birds and animals of both regions. Red Rocks Amphitheatre is a geological phenomenon – the only naturally-occurring, acoustically perfect amphitheatre in the world.

RRX-AliveCoverage-webres-5-1920x1280.jpg

Denver Mayor Benjamin Franklin Stapleton and Parks and Improvements Manager George Cranmer built Red Rocks Amphitheatre as a project under the Civilian Conservation Corps Reforestation Relief Act on March 31, 1933, which aimed to save both unemployed young man and endangered lands during the Great Depression by putting the men to work conserving forests and grasslands. The workers removed 50,000 cubic feet of dirt and rocks, primarily using picks, shovels, and wheelbarrows. They then laid >90,000 square feet of sandstone, quarried in the Lyons, whose reddish color and textures resembled the natural stone at Red Rocks. Building the amphitheatre took 800 tons of quarried stone and 30,000 pounds of reinforced steel.

Red Rocks Amphitheatre opened on June 15, 1941 and was designated a National Historic Landmark in 2015. Seating capacity is 9,525 and there are 193 steps from stage to top plaza. It elevation () and geology make for a unique acoustic setting.

Among the notable performances, Red Rocks Amphitheatre has hosted concerts by The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Johnny Cash, the Grateful Dead, The Eagles, Willie Nelson, Allman Brothers, U2, Sting, Carlos Santana, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Tom Petty, John Denver, and the Steve Miller Band ... and even Korn.

Onto @Hollywood Couturier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad