All-Purpose News Thread Part II

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Ah f*ck Ric - quit acting like an assh*le. :thumbd: Footage just released of Flair getting kicked out of a restaurant in Gainesville, Florida.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought I posted the background story to this incident yesterday but I guess I forgot. So here's how it all started.

from gainesville.com:

WWE legend and Hall of Famer Ric Flair created quite a stir on social media over the weekend after he bashed a Gainesville restaurant while in town to attend a University of Florida graduation ceremony.

Flair, 75, and family members were dining at the Piesanos Stone Fired Pizza restaurant at 1250 W. University Ave. when the professional wrestler apparently was asked to leave. He advised his more than 2 million followers to avoid the restaurant on their next visit to Gainesville.

Piesanos co-owner Jerry Roberts, when reached Monday by The Sun, said the "evidence was clear" but declined to offer an explanation as to why Flair was asked to leave the restaurant. He then sent a prepared statement via text message.

"We have reviewed video of the incident that took place recently at our restaurant. It is clear, our team worked in a professional manner to ensure the safety of guests and staff. We have thanked our team for their professionalism. We are proud of how they responded to this situation using and displaying our team values."

Roberts said they have no plans to release the video.

Flair's posts on Facebook and Instagram generated thousands of reactions and comments, many making light of the situation.

"Ric Flair vs The Kitchen Manager at Wrestlemania 41 in a First Blood Match," one Facebook user joked.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
People being surprised that Ric Flair is a douchebag kinda makes me laugh.

It's amazing that he has somehow escaped the mob regarding his sex life, considering he literally has admitted to f***ing around with high school girls in the 80s.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Ah f*ck Ric - quit acting like an assh*le. :thumbd: Footage just released of Flair getting kicked out of a restaurant in Gainesville, Florida.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought I posted the background story to this incident yesterday but I guess I forgot. So here's how it all started.

from gainesville.com:

WWE legend and Hall of Famer Ric Flair created quite a stir on social media over the weekend after he bashed a Gainesville restaurant while in town to attend a University of Florida graduation ceremony.

Flair, 75, and family members were dining at the Piesanos Stone Fired Pizza restaurant at 1250 W. University Ave. when the professional wrestler apparently was asked to leave. He advised his more than 2 million followers to avoid the restaurant on their next visit to Gainesville.

Piesanos co-owner Jerry Roberts, when reached Monday by The Sun, said the "evidence was clear" but declined to offer an explanation as to why Flair was asked to leave the restaurant. He then sent a prepared statement via text message.

"We have reviewed video of the incident that took place recently at our restaurant. It is clear, our team worked in a professional manner to ensure the safety of guests and staff. We have thanked our team for their professionalism. We are proud of how they responded to this situation using and displaying our team values."

Flair's posts on Facebook and Instagram generated thousands of reactions and comments, many making light of the situation.

"Ric Flair vs The Kitchen Manager at Wrestlemania 41 in a First Blood Match," one Facebook user joked.

What an absolute loser. I had no respect for Flair as a human being even before this but what a joke of a person he is.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
This incident will be blown out of proportion obviously because this sort of stuff happens in bars and restaurants every single day (not saying that makes it right or that I agree with Ric), but hopefully the people close to Flair see this and at least try to convince him to seek help for his alcoholism. Getting upset at a stranger for taking too long on a public toilet is clearly a result of being a raging alcoholic.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
This incident will be blown out of proportion obviously because this sort of stuff happens in bars and restaurants every single day (not saying that makes it right or that I agree with Ric), but hopefully the people close to Flair see this and at least try to convince him to seek help for his alcoholism. Getting upset at a stranger for taking too long on a public toilet is clearly a result of being a raging alcoholic.
He's been like this for 50 years and surrounds himself with people who talk about how awesome he is for being the shithead human being he is.

Don't count on it.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
He's been like this for 50 years and surrounds himself with people who talk about how awesome he is for being the shithead human being he is.

Don't count on it.

He's a 75-year old man who still brags about how much he drinks like he's still in some college frat house. I'd say it is what it is at this point. Surrounded by enablers basically that turn a blind eye. But let's also be honest, a lot of celebrities with drug/alcohol problems are surrounded by enablers, encouragers, and people who want to take advantage. Not making excuses for Flair's behavior but it's the truth.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Yeah, Flair is a lost cause. It is a miracle he is still alive.
Such a shame, too. Growing up, he was one of my favorites. I'll never forget the day Bobby Heenan appeared on the screen holding Flair's belt. Still picking my jaw up off the ground.

Tough to look back and see that I was rooting for such a POS person.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The man has cheated death more than once, he probably thinks he’s invincible

BiolaRunner

Jan 19, 2018

from gainesville.com:

I get being inwardly annoyed at someone taking too long when you have to go but to actually bring it up in any form of confrontation is crazy.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
He's a 75-year old man who still brags about how much he drinks like he's still in some college frat house. I'd say it is what it is at this point. Surrounded by enablers basically that turn a blind eye. But let's also be honest, a lot of celebrities with drug/alcohol problems are surrounded by enablers, encouragers, and people who want to take advantage. Not making excuses for Flair's behavior but it's the truth.

Yes, Ric Flair is an old school Carney. Even the way he talks to the bar man proves his living in kayfabe.

On a side note, after seeing this footage, Tony is already planning the Ric Flair retirement tour, a la Sting.

Reactions: BruinDust

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Flair claims he wasn't drunk or tipsy. "Only" had two Michelob's and two mixed drinks (likely doubles).

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Now we wait to see if either show moves off their day of the week.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
from tmz.com:

Ric Flair is sharing regret over losing his cool at a Gainesville pizza joint over the weekend ... saying he should've just walked right out the minute things got heated.

As we previously reported, the Nature Boy was caught on camera yelling at a Piesanos staffer over an alleged bathroom interaction with the kitchen manager ... and things got so tense, a patron offered to take things outside.

Naitch joined "The MJ Morning Show on Q105" to share his side of things on Wednesday ... and while he does feel bad for how things went down, he explained he also felt he needed to stick up for himself.

"It just escalated and I was wrong for getting mad, but I kind of felt like I was defending my position," Flair said on the radio show.

Flair also backtracked on his scathing review of the eatery ... admitting he enjoyed his time and the meal there before things went sideways.

"I was wrong for losing my temper," he added. "When I feel like I'm put in that area where I'm uncomfortable and all of a sudden everything just fell apart, I got upset."

"I was wrong for getting upset. I probably just should have just walked out the door, but it caught me so off-guard because we were having a wonderful time. Then all of a sudden ... someone in their kitchen said I did something wrong in the bathroom and there's no one there except me and him."

As for the narrative alcohol had anything to do with it, Flair denied being drunk or buzzed ... saying he only had Michelob Ultras and "probably" two mixed drinks.

And get this -- Flair said he ended up ordering some Piesanos grub on Uber Eats after the spat ... so it sounds like he ain't exactly boycotting the place.

Bowski

That's not how we do things in Pittsburgh
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
from tmz.com:

Ric Flair is sharing regret over losing his cool at a Gainesville pizza joint over the weekend ... saying he should've just walked right out the minute things got heated.

As we previously reported, the Nature Boy was caught on camera yelling at a Piesanos staffer over an alleged bathroom interaction with the kitchen manager ... and things got so tense, a patron offered to take things outside.

Naitch joined "The MJ Morning Show on Q105" to share his side of things on Wednesday ... and while he does feel bad for how things went down, he explained he also felt he needed to stick up for himself.

"It just escalated and I was wrong for getting mad, but I kind of felt like I was defending my position," Flair said on the radio show.

Flair also backtracked on his scathing review of the eatery ... admitting he enjoyed his time and the meal there before things went sideways.

"I was wrong for losing my temper," he added. "When I feel like I'm put in that area where I'm uncomfortable and all of a sudden everything just fell apart, I got upset."

"I was wrong for getting upset. I probably just should have just walked out the door, but it caught me so off-guard because we were having a wonderful time. Then all of a sudden ... someone in their kitchen said I did something wrong in the bathroom and there's no one there except me and him."

As for the narrative alcohol had anything to do with it, Flair denied being drunk or buzzed ... saying he only had Michelob Ultras and "probably" two mixed drinks.

And get this -- Flair said he ended up ordering some Piesanos grub on Uber Eats after the spat ... so it sounds like he ain't exactly boycotting the place.
Two-face marble mouth rotten raisin of a man.
I wish this douchebag of a human would go away from the media entirely.

Some people still turn to this scumbag for his "unbiased legendary" opinions on wrestlers.

Go away, drunk old slimy man.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

This is as catastrophic a miscommunication as you will ever see. Miraculously the woman who took this didn't end up suffer a serious injury.

• Wow
Reactions: Jussi

Ad

Upcoming events

• Le Havre vs Marseille
    Le Havre vs Marseille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $55.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Lens vs Montpellier
    Lens vs Montpellier