2023-24 Hart Memorial Trophy finalists: Nikita Kucherov, Nathan MacKinnon, Connor McDavid

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Got to love the mental gymnastics to convince oneself that a player who scores 69 goals on the season and is top 3 among all defensive forwards is not more valuable than a player who scored 40 goals, and contributed negatively to his team while at even strength.

Then again, this was a mere formality because Mackinnon is going to win the Hart because its his turn to win an individual trophy.

Despote

Mar 21, 2023
Got to love the mental gymnastics to convince oneself that a player who scores 69 goals on the season and is top 3 among all defensive forwards is not more valuable than a player who scored 40 goals, and contributed negatively to his team while at even strength.
Gotta love the mental gymnastics of anyone convincing themselves of something as absurd as this regarding any player here.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
shocked-captain.gif

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
I would have had Hughes on my ballot, but I'm not surprised.

Him and Matthews have a case for a nomination. It's a pretty crazy year with more than just the usual one or two players you can make a case for.

thegazelle

Nov 11, 2019
In my estimation, Kucherov should win, but I think MacKinnon will be close enough that it will be too hard to call at this juncture. Plus, even though it shouldn't be the case, I wouldn't discount the Canadian media bias towards its homebred players.

A number of the domestic writers/broadcasters have already tipped their hand and not just insinuated but flat out stated that they will be voting for MacKinnon. If MacKinnon wins, it will be well deserved as well, as it was a very close race.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
This is McDavid’s 6th finalist nomination in 9 seasons and his fourth in a row. He’s also been top 5 for 8 seasons in a row. He won’t win it this time, but this is one of the best runs ever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad