Zykov and a conditional fifth for Versteeg (No salary retained.)

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Versteeg's 33 points this season put him seventh on the Kings in terms of scoring.

Everyone blowing a gasket over this deal surely means he'll succeed in his role.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
I think the term progression is completely lost on some people here. Just like with Derek Forbort and Colkten Teubert, no one is technically a bust at 20 like Zykov, but there is also a progression that a prospect is supposed to make, you know at 19 Derek Forbort should have assumed more of a role at North Dakota and by 20-21 he should have been one of the better players on the team. The same applies here with Zykov, he was drafted nearly 3 years ago and where has the progression been? Never took the next step in junior and not shown any kind of flashes of what he was expected to be when the Kings used a high 2nd round pick on him.

Most prospects don't have 2-3 bad or stagnant years and then suddenly flip a switch to becoming a good NHL'er.

DSuttersface

Dec 28, 2014
SoCal
Delano again keeps the band together (no roster player) and yet our prospect depth plummets.

Our forward star prospects are...Adrian Kempe and...and...

Of course, there has to be a Philly connection because that's the way we roll.

Columbus is going to feel neglected.

There's still time to renew our vows with Columbus. Don't worry, we haven't forgotten you, our dear Blue Jackets! :rose:

Thrice

To Be Everywhere...
Sep 27, 2007
Versteeg's 33 points this season put him seventh on the Kings in terms of scoring.

Everyone blowing a gasket over this deal surely means he'll succeed in his role.

Everyone? Not even close to being accurate.

The deal makes sense. The 5th round pick is nothing. Zykov was an excess piece.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Not mad at the cost, still just meh to me. Of all the softies we could have acquired though Versteeg is second only to Purcell so **** it, we could use the scoring touch.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I'm ok with the trade but you do know he has had some injurys that has slowed him. I think he will turn out to be a decent 3rd liner just not the top end talent as first thought.

Since his draft year:
2012-2013: 75 points in 67 games in the Q (and 19 points in 19 playoff games)
2013-2014: 63 points in 53 games in the Q (and 22 points in 22 playoff games)
2014-2015: 46 points in 42 games in the Q (and 7 points in 11 playoff games)
2015-2016: 14 points in 43 games in the AHL

He has frequent injury issues, played fewer games every year, and had less of an impact each year. In the meantime, other players have stepped up and improved every year.

He's not a bad prospect, but his regression and below average play stretches beyond just this season.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Meh indeed. All of the rumored guys, Purcell, Versteeg, Parenteau, Boyes, just meh. I'd have gone big and went after Hartnell. I'm underwhelmed by the dmen too. I'd have rather dealt Zykov in a package for a Hartnell but you can't deny he's stagnated.

mattgkg

Jan 16, 2015
Meh indeed. All of the rumored guys, Purcell, Versteeg, Parenteau, Boyes, just meh. I'd have gone big and went after Hartnell. I'm underwhelmed by the dmen too. I'd have rather dealt Zykov in a package for a Hartnell but you can't deny he's stagnated.

going after harnell would mean not re signing lucic and rendering the first and prospect it took to get him as a full season rental instead of deadline pickup.

how does hartnell @ 50% for 2016 1st & 5th + collin miller + zykov + the rights to sign milan lucic + (whatever picks and prospects woud take to get hartnell)

ya you woudn't be happy.

Last edited:

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
streit ... gross. but ya. someone like him is gonna happen before anything past versteeg for forwards and maybe claiming cracknell so we can banish shore to another calder push.

I don't get too worked up over which defenseman are being thrown around. Kings system, along with Doughty and Muzzin, could make half this board look like great defenders.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Oh and HF in a nutshell.

Hawks trade a former first-round player and a 2nd to acquire a soft winger who hasn't broken 30 points in a few years and a perennial 18 point player and OMG they're the cup favorite, Kings and others better try to keep up...Kings trade a former 2nd-rounder and a conditional fifth to acquire a player who has been hovering around a 40-pt pace the last several years and LOL it's laughable, poor asset management, and that's it?

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Oh and HF in a nutshell.

Hawks trade a former first-round player and a 2nd to acquire a soft winger who hasn't broken 30 points in a few years and a perennial 18 point player and OMG they're the cup favorite, Kings and others better try to keep up...Kings trade a former 2nd-rounder and a conditional fifth to acquire a player who has been hovering around a 40-pt pace the last several years and LOL it's laughable, poor asset management, and that's it?

Haven't you heard, we're old and slow with a bunch of washed up rejects who'll be lucky to win a round?

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Oh and HF in a nutshell.

Blackhawks = 79-83 Islanders
Kings = 06 Hurricanes

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Oh and HF in a nutshell.

The Kings are the bad guy.

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
I'm fine with this trade. Versteeg is okay and I don't mind giving up Zykov. I preferred other players but Versteeg is okay.

Now let's get Hamhuis (or some d-man), I hope that Scuderi won't remain the only addition...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad