Confirmed with Link: Zucker to the Pens for 1st round pick, Gally, and Addison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Sounds like a high price from my point of view. But not married to any of the pieces we let go here.

Hope Zucker is a better fit and player than I think.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
This was an overpayment on our behalf. We have so few decent prospects to lose one and a first round pick.

mehhhhh

Reactions: Factorial

GregR

Mar 4, 2002
It is a lot but the emergence of Marino made Addison somewhat expendable. I'm somewhat surprised they moved him, but with the emergence of Marino, does Addison have a spot here long-term?

Letang will be 33 in April and has a lengthy injury history both from hockey-related injuries and the stroke. Giving up a right-handed PMD who could project to possibly replace him is a pretty steep price IMO.

Reactions: Pens x and Andy99

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Boy, that price is borderline. That's right at the edge of too much. Realistically though, that is Zucker's value. I wish there was something else coming back with it being that it was both a 1st and Addison. Like a later pick or a prospect or...something.

We needed Zucker more than the 1st, Galchenyuk, and Marino. So...I am happy.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
it's an overpayment, easily

I'm thinking Galchenyuk's (necessary) inclusion is what required the prospect piece to be substantially better than it might've been otherwise.

losing Addison, i believe, will really hurt in the long term, but i guess Marino's emergence made them comfortable to take a gamble like this (basically adding to what Empoleon already said)

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
JR is gonna do what it takes to get his guy, and he’s definitely not gonna try to f*** over his boy Guerin so the price isn’t all that surprising.

Man does this make the failed Kessel-Zucker deal sting a little though.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
It is a lot but the emergence of Marino made Addison somewhat expendable. I'm somewhat surprised they moved him, but with the emergence of Marino, does Addison have a spot here long-term?

Indeed.

Dumo-Letang
Petts-Marino

is the long term top 4. By the time anyone of them are ready to go and we need an Addison, hopefully we get one by then.

Reactions: Dominance

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
I don’t like the Pens giving up a first rounder. But beggars can’t be choosers. Team is absolutely decimated with injuries, of course Guerin is going to take advantage of that.

Reactions: SEALBound
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad