Proposal: Zuccarello+ for Panarin

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Zuccarello+Hayes+Lindberg for panarin?

Zucc:60+ points last season, very solid topline twoway forward, great contract(4,5 for 3 more years).
Hayes:45 points in rookie season, struggled a little last season but has tons of talent. Locked up for 2 years at 2,6, rfa after that. Great size and hands.
Lindberg: Very good twoway middle six forward who can develop into a top 6 forward. Very responsible twoway player, 650k cap hit, rfa after this season. 13 goals-28 points in 68 games last season.

Would obviously not happen before next summer because of the cap and Chi not beeing able to take on the extra cap hit this season. All of the players will be able to contribute in the next 5 years which most likely is the cup window for Chicago.

What do we think? Zucc to old(28 i think)? Want a younger player who scores top line or top 6 points? Is it to much salary coming back to Chi?

Zucc+Buchnevich a better option for example?

Last edited:

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
why would chicago do this? The reason they might be forced to trade Panarin is cuz of the cap. He wants 7-8M.
Your package of players will make around 8M.

Chicago needs a replacement for Panarin at a cheap price. Maybe Zucc + 1rst + Vesey could work.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
So Chicago traded quality for quantity without even saving much cap space, if any at all. Seems rather pointless.

I get what you are saying but they get a cheaper top line player and add two middle six forwards with low cap hits. They get alot deeper in the middle 6 and can trade a guy like Krueger who has a pretty high cap hit for the role he has(4th line C) in Chicago and save cap that way.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Zucc+Buch is too much. I don't think the difference between Zucc and Panarin is Buch, especially considering we don't have Patrick Kane. Panarin probably isn't more than a 65 point player on the Rangers, which is really good and he might be our best forward at 65 points, but not for Zucc+Buch. We project Buch to be somewhere around Panarin's level eventually, if you consider what Panarin's production would be without Kane, so around 65 points.

Maybe Zucc+Hayes or Zucc+Vesey.

If you want, Panarin+Pokka for Zucc+Miller could be a fair deal.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
why would chicago do this? The reason they might be forced to trade Panarin is cuz of the cap. He wants 7-8M.
Your package of players will make around 8M.

3 players making 8 mil is a lot different than 1 player making 8 mil.

gorangers0525

Dec 15, 2014
Granted we don't have other NHL seasons to compare too, but Panarin's shooting percentage was pretty damn high. Could just as well come crashing down to earth, don't want to take that risk.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I think Zucc is a player Panarin could be traded for, but it won't happen untill the next season. Right now Panarin is on ELC, which is better than Zuccarello's contract.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Zuccarello+Hayes+Lindberg for panarin?

Zucc:60+ points last season, very solid topline twoway forward, great contract(4,5 for 3 more years).
Hayes:45 points in rookie season, struggled a little last season but has tons of talent. Locked up for 2 years at 2,6, rfa after that. Great size and hands.
Lindberg: Very good twoway middle six forward who can develop into a top 6 forward. Very responsible twoway player, 650k cap hit, rfa after this season. 13 goals-28 points in 68 games last season.

Would obviously not happen before next summer because of the cap and Chi not beeing able to take on the extra cap hit this season. All of the players will be able to contribute in the next 5 years which most likely is the cup window for Chicago.

What do we think? Zucc to old(28 i think)? Want a younger player who scores top line or top 6 points? Is it to much salary coming back to Chi?

Zucc+Buchnevich a better option for example?

The centerpiece of a trade for Panarin cannot be a player as old as Zuccarello.

thedoughboy

Feb 22, 2015
Tinyest of the fifty
Zucc+Buch is too much. I don't think the difference between Zucc and Panarin is Buch, especially considering we don't have Patrick Kane. Panarin probably isn't more than a 65 point player on the Rangers, which is really good and he might be our best forward at 65 points, but not for Zucc+Buch. We project Buch to be somewhere around Panarin's level eventually, if you consider what Panarin's production would be without Kane, so around 65 points.

Panarin+TVR and I'd do it.

Tavares91Stamkos91

Oct 2, 2013
Vancouver

Really because Panarin is quite a bit better than Zuccarello IMO?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad