Value of: Zib to Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I am trying to gauge highest return
preference is a very, very high 2019 slot selection which anticipates playing percentages, a close to bottom finish.

I see Sabres adding and finishing 5 or higher.
Canes finishing 2nd was a fluke.

Montreal, I could see around 3OA or less, likely resulting in comparable selection.

So, Zib, 4 years remaining at 5.35m, righty shot C, 25 years old, former 6OA, fwiw, we see his continued progress.

Does Montreal surrender its 2019 1st unconditional for him, or not?
Not seeking alternate compensation.
[fyi per last year, the odds of finishing with the 1st selection in the draft if you were bottom one, was approx. 17%.]

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
C'mon, Bern. How many bad choices in a row do you expect Bergevin to make? He can't roll snake eyes every time. Zib is not a player who is going to make your lottery team a non lottery team. Therefore, you don't trade your probable lottery pick for him.

Reactions: Brock Radunske

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I'm lost? Who are we talking about? Why are we mentioning Buffalo and Canes? If its Zibenejad you're out to lunch thinking he saves a team.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
C'mon, Bern. How many bad choices in a row do you expect Bergevin to make?
He's been on a bit of a roll lately, one must admit.

That said, I wouldn't expect a constructive discussion with fans of any team on the issue of "hey, guys, how badly do you think our GM can screw yours", so the thread is of dubious value anyways.

Reactions: Starat327

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Poehling, Sklenicka, McNiven and Lernout
Pain around the edges to solve the top C issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad