Value of: Zegras to Montréal (Montréal, Anaheim and Team X)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Imo Zegras will not bring that kind of return. GM’s know he’s not the kind of player teams will win with yet he commands a big cap hit and needs cherry minutes to put up points.
A team will trade for him around the draft. But the return won’t be a high first.
Based on what, all those big games he excelled in prior to his time in Anaheim

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
I would think Caufield and Zegras have the same value. Same age, same lack of variety in what they bring, same production pedigree... It's one of the reason I think Zegras to Montreal doesn't really make sense. In any case, Caufield for Zegras is a lateral move on both ends and doesn't achieve anything.
Yea Caufield and Zegras are fairly even value but Zegras plays C and Verbeek is allergic to small players so it would probably take more to pry him from the Ducks

Reactions: kinghock

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
I think that Montréal's culture could help him
Why does he need help? Show me literally any evidence of what this poster said and what he needs help with besides defensively which is common for young players and he was showing strides in.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Imo Zegras will not bring that kind of return. GM’s know he’s not the kind of player teams will win with yet he commands a big cap hit and needs cherry minutes to put up points.
A team will trade for him around the draft. But the return won’t be a high first.
How do GMS know they can’t win with a 22yo who hasn’t played in the post season yet?

As far as I know we haven’t developed the ability to tell the future yet, have we?

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
This guy again. Says all this with zero facts and uses zero logic. You actually have no idea what you are talking about and it’s creepy how much you dislike Zegras.

We don't need that here in this thread, I don't want this to turn into a shit show

Please be constructive, bring ideas, or don't participate at all

Reactions: Miller Time

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
Personally I don’t think it’s a good idea for the habs to give up what the Ducks would want for Zegras. It stinks of the Drouin trade.
Zegras two full nhl seasons have been better then any season Drouin ever had in the NHL.

Drouin also refused to work on his game.

The only comparison is they are both skilled center/wingers.

We don't need that here in this thread, I don't want this to turn into a shit show

Please be constructive, bring ideas, or don't participate at all
Ok well read the post I responded too that has no facts, all made up opinions with complete bias and say this to him too. I’m being constructive by refuting complete nonsense and lies.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
If Montreal and Anaheim aren't good trade partners, what stops Team X (does Tim "Eater X" Janus own the team, btw?) from acquiring Zegras and simply cut Montreal out of it?

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
As a basis:

Montréal get: Zegras

Edmonton get: Savard, Colorado 2024 2nd

Anaheim get: Montréal 2024 1st cond. (Top 6 protected, could turn into 2025 unprotected), Edmonton 2024 1st, Choice of Harris, Barron or Kovacevic

Does this make sense:

Please, don't be butthurt: if you think it's unfair, provide your input or ideas to make it fairer

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
How do GMS know they can’t win with a 22yo who hasn’t played in the post season yet?

As far as I know we haven’t developed the ability to tell the future yet, have we?
They don’t. Just fatass on HFBoards knows. With no facts, no examples, literally nothing at all, except his vast knowledge of a player he’s never watched except on sportscenter and seen on the cover of his precious nhl game.

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
As a basis:

Anaheim get: Montréal 2024 1st cond. (Top 6 protected, could turn into 2025 unprotected), Edmonton 2024 1st, Choice of Harris, Barron or Kovacevic

Does this make sense:

Please, don't be butthurt: if you think it's unfair, provide your input or ideas to make it fairer
No point in providing the input and reasons when everyone will ignore it and spin false narratives.

Reactions: Miller Time

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
As a basis:

Does this make sense:

It's not enough for Anaheim. Also, you cant pretend like this is taking place in a vacuum where there are no other interested teams.

Reactions: Beckett

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
The Dubois talk has turned to zegras talk.

I said no to Dubois and I'm saying no to zegras as well.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
It's not enough for Anaheim. Also, you cant pretend like this is taking place in a vacuum where there are no other interested teams.

I guess, but they'll have to Do better than 2 x first round picks already, which not many teams are ready to pay

What is needed to make it more fair for Anaheim in that case?

The Dubois talk has turned to zegras talk.

I said no to Dubois and I'm saying no to zegras as well.

I try to be constructive here, if you don't want to participate to the discussion or bring any proposals, please click away

I don't want this thread to turn into a shit show

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Trades like this don't happen between 3 teams.

Habs fans want and expect to win every single trade by destroying the other team on value so what Anaheim would ask for will upset y'all to such an extent, this thread is a fool's errand.

So generous. Reduce the 2nd to a 5th rounder and replace Primeau with Armia and you're there on value.
Perhaps take a moment to use Google to check your statements before posting things that are demonstrably false... This ongoing obsession of posting shots at the Mtl fan base is quite sily as it is, but downright pathetic when accompanied with blatantly wrong statements like this.

If Montreal and Anaheim aren't good trade partners, what stops Team X (does Tim "Eater X" Janus own the team, btw?) from acquiring Zegras and simply cut Montreal out of it?

He's not a player they need/want...

Kinda obvious no?

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone

Nothing. And if Mtl and Ana have similar needs, then why wouldn't the Habs simply make that trade and not deal with the Ducks at all?

There's a reason why 3 team trades are relatively uncommon.

Reactions: John Mandalorian

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
The goal is to bring Zegras to Montréal, to pay Anaheim with a fair/good price, and for a third team to get assets either for a Cup run, or for their rebuild

Why a 3rd team?
Because Montréal and Anaheim basically have the same Strength and Weaknesses, and because of that, they are poor trade partners

Montréal could take a bad contract, if it's for one year

Any team interested in available players from Montréal, Anaheim or both?

What would be a good template for this Trade?
According to TSN’s Pierre LeBrun, the Anaheim Ducks are listening to offers for Trevor Zegras & one of the 5 teams that have called them are the Habs.

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
No point in providing the input and reasons when everyone will ignore it and spin false narratives.
What happened to Zegras this year? Is it mostly injuries or is there larger issues (bad game shape, personality clashes, mismatch with the coach's philosophy?)

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
Perhaps take a moment to use Google to check your statements before posting things that are demonstrably false... This ongoing obsession of posting shots at the Mtl fan base is quite sily as it is, but downright pathetic when accompanied with blatantly wrong statements like this.

He's not a player they need/want...

Kinda obvious no?

What are you referring to? Your comment doesn't seem to fit with my comment.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Kinda like Monahan wont get a 1st :lol:

Ducks just traded an arguably similar or better young player, + a 2nd, for a recent 5OA pick...

A 1st in the 7-12 range, another 1st and a decent roster player is a better return than they just got. Maybe your trade value evaluation is just.... Off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad