Value of: Zegras to Montréal (Montréal, Anaheim and Team X)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
The goal is to bring Zegras to Montréal, to pay Anaheim with a fair/good price, and for a third team to get assets either for a Cup run, or for their rebuild

Why a 3rd team?
Because Montréal and Anaheim basically have the same Strength and Weaknesses, and because of that, they are poor trade partners

Montréal could take a bad contract, if it's for one year

Any team interested in available players from Montréal, Anaheim or both?

What would be a good template for this Trade?

Reactions: Coffees

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The goal is to bring Zegras to Montréal, to pay Anaheim with a fair/good price, and for a third team to get assets either for a Cup run, or for their rebuild

Why a 3rd team?
Because Montréal and Anaheim basically have the same Strength and Weaknesses, and because of that, they are poor trade partners

The type of deal it’ll take to get zegras isn’t the type of assets a contender has openly available.

If and it’s a very big if zegras is moved, it’ll be an equally talanted RHD or winger with goal scoring upside. Maybe we’d move him for a package around a top 10 pick.

Now idk that this thread is a good idea cause we already have enough forum threads about zegras based on false narratives.

So for the record
- defensively he needs work(as do most young players especially centers) , but it’s very salvageable in that aspect…. He plays on a ducks team that as a whole is terrible defensively. He took steps in the right direction this season and was putting in work in all 3 zones.

- cant win with him in playoffs, is absurd statement with no actual base to go off of…. He’s been a big game player throughout his career, hasn’t played a big game at nhl level so idk where that narrative even comes from.

- toxic player…. Again you’ll be hard pressed to find anyone in the ducks locker or org that hates zegras and thinks he’s a shit person.

- just because PV has listened to offers doesn’t mean he’s selling low or even available. It’s pvs job to make best team he can, we have center depth/ high pick incoming, if PV can find a good hockey trade for a piece that he sees expendable then it’s his job to at least hear/look at options. Just like it’s other gms job to find young talent to help build their roster around.

Any player could be available at the right cost.

Last edited:

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
Oh boy another thread about Zegras created by a Montreal supporter...

Reactions: MCB
Oct 18, 2011
Everyone wants to try and steal him when he's has a forgettable season. Nobody has made a remotely compelling case as to why Anaheim should move him, you've got click bait artists trying to drum up interest that's it

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Oh boy another thread about Zegras created by a Montreal supporter...

I try to be constructive here, if you don't want to participate to the discussion or bring any proposals, please click away

I don't want this thread to turn into a shit show

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida

Why a 3rd team?

Trades like this don't happen between 3 teams.

Habs fans want and expect to win every single trade by destroying the other team on value so what Anaheim would ask for will upset y'all to such an extent, this thread is a fool's errand.

Anderson, Primeau and a 2nd
So generous. Reduce the 2nd to a 5th rounder and replace Primeau with Armia and you're there on value.

Reactions: kinghock

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
~Fair trade for him is probably Montreal's 1st when the season is all said and done, as long as we are in the 8-11 range. Top-7 I probably keep the pick.

I don't think a late 1st + B prospects would get it done

I've never been a big Zegras fan though and I think Hughes and Gorton would have big time reservations about his personality as well.

Reactions: McJedi

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Trades like this don't happen between 3 teams.

Habs fans want and expect to win every single trade by destroying the other team on value so what Anaheim would ask for will upset y'all to such an extent, this thread is a fool's errand.

I try to be constructive here, if you don't want to participate to the discussion or bring any proposals, please click away

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Montréal could send the 2024 1st (top 7 protected or 2025 1st unprotected)

In the David Savard thread, Edmonton and Florinda were named as potential destinations... Could they be interested to participate here?

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

In the David Savard thread, Edmonton and Florinda were named as potential destinations... Could they be interested to participate here?
Imo Zegras will not bring that kind of return. GM’s know he’s not the kind of player teams will win with yet he commands a big cap hit and needs cherry minutes to put up points.
A team will trade for him around the draft. But the return won’t be a high first.

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019

A realistic trade starts with Caufield or MTL 2024 1st unprotected then you add from there. We all know what MTL fans think of that idea and anything under that is not going to be accepted by the Ducks. Adding in a 3rd team is only going to drive up the price as they will want a slice.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Imo Zegras will not bring that kind of return. GM’s know he’s not the kind of player teams will win with yet he commands a big cap hit and needs cherry minutes to put up points.
A team will trade for him around the draft. But the return won’t be a high first.

I think that Montréal's culture could help him

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
A realistic trade starts with Caufield or MTL 2024 1st unprotected then you add from there. We all know what MTL fans think of that idea and anything under that is not going to be accepted by the Ducks. Adding in a 3rd team is going to only drive up the price as they will want a slice.

If it were Caufield, it would be straight up, no adds, that's for sure

Unprotected 2024 1st is off the table but I'd roll the dice with 2025's 1st

The 3rd team would bring assets Montréal can't spare to make it worth for Anaheim

TBF1972

May 19, 2018

the value gap between savard (even retained) and zegras is enormous.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
if all the pieces, which go to anaheim, come from the third team, this is the template:

To third team: Zegras and potential other pieces
To Anaheim: Young quality and futures

Montreal: not involved

the value gap between savard (even retained) and zegras is enormous.

Obviously

Montréal would send its first to Anaheim and send Savard to third team, who then pay Anaheim
It's just a basis

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
I don't think the 3rd team will work. To get Zegras you will have to overpay a little, the third team will want to be overpaid a little. Also Mtl has what Anaheim wants - they just don't want to give it up.

Zegras and Caulfield are great friends, if I am Mtl that scares me. If ever they acquire Zegras and it doesn't work out as expected their may be an impact on Caulfield (either his play or relationship with the team). It could also be a + as it helps bring Zegras into the culture they are building. There is risk there though.

Zegras has proven he can put up numbers- you won't get him for one prime asset, it will take 2. And that Jets pick is not going to be the main piece going back.

It probably costs something like this years 1st and a young player with potential (mailloux?) Ducks will want Reinbacher - Habs won't trade him.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Zegras is more valuable than what Montreal can send in experienced players to a contender and still fit under their cap. So a valuable young player from Montreal would have to go to Anaheim. Anaheim wants quality over quantity and we are back to Caufield and Reinbacher, which has been discussed before.

Reactions: lwvs84 and kinghock

Bourdon101

Jul 21, 2012
A realistic trade starts with Caufield or MTL 2024 1st unprotected then you add from there. We all know what MTL fans think of that idea and anything under that is not going to be accepted by the Ducks. Adding in a 3rd team is only going to drive up the price as they will want a slice.
I would think Caufield and Zegras have the same value. Same age, same lack of variety in what they bring, same production pedigree... It's one of the reason I think Zegras to Montreal doesn't really make sense. In any case, Caufield for Zegras is a lateral move on both ends and doesn't achieve anything.

Reactions: Beckett

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
This guy again. Says all this with zero facts and uses zero logic. You actually have no idea what you are talking about.

Last edited:
Reactions: Groo

The Don Hughes

Jun 22, 2017
Montreal, Qc
If it were Caufield, it would be straight up, no adds, that's for sure

Unprotected 2024 1st is off the table but I'd roll the dice with 2025's 1st

The 3rd team would bring assets Montréal can't spare to make it worth for Anaheim
Only way Montreal deals their 2025 unprotected 1st is if they win the lottery this year, With the new rules, they wouldn't be eligible to win it again in 25.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad