Value of: Zegras to Buffalo

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I like Zegras as a player and think he will rebound from a tough year, but I don't think he's the kind of player Buffalo needs to get to the next level. They need more structure and two-way commitment.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
You need less depth pieces and more pieces that hurt to lose
Ostlund or rosen as an add? I feel like an unprotected first Isa valuable piece along with a 25 year old cost controlled rhd. And poltapov is a guy with decent upside that fits your pipeline, system and depth chart

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
What are Ducks needs?

There isn't a particular glaring need in the system, the Ducks are flush with young talent at all positions and really just need these top young players to start realizing their potential. There is a lack of high end scoring at the moment, but trading our most proven young offensive player does the opposite of addressing that need, unless in a package for an elite producer.

Once again need to understand that these "rumors" started from pure speculation that Zegras might be shopped, which has been refuted by more reputable sources. Anaheim has no reason or desire to trade him unless there is some sort of elite talent available for which they are building a package. These offers where teams throw together a first and spare parts, have zero intrigue from the Ducks side, does nothing but make a bad team worse when they are trying to do the opposite. They don't need picks and prospects, they need high end talents like Zegras.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
There isn't a particular glaring need in the system, the Ducks are flush with young talent at all positions and really just need these top young players to start realizing their potential. There is a lack of high end scoring at the moment, but trading our most proven young offensive player does the opposite of addressing that need, unless in a package for an elite producer.

Once again need to understand that these "rumors" started from pure speculation that Zegras might be shopped, which has been refuted by more reputable sources. Anaheim has no reason or desire to trade him unless there is some sort of elite talent available for which they are building a package. These offers where teams throw together a first and spare parts, have zero intrigue from the Ducks side, does nothing but make a bad team worse when they are trying to do the opposite.
What about something around quinn+krebs?

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
Name one that came from any legitimate source. It's all clickbait crap because he has a buzzworthy name.

Why are you coming at me like I started the thread? I simply said there were articles out there that say the ducks have "Serious interest in Zegras". I didn't say any of them were not clickbait or came from any respected source...just that they existed.

Calm the f*** down.

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015
What about something around quinn+krebs?

Easy no

The most I'd give for Zegras is a protected 1st, Rosen, Krebs, and Jokiharju

He's a great offensive player but brings nothing else to the table; additionally he may have a personality issue or else Anaheim wouldn't be looking to move him.

Reactions: freester

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Easy no

He's a great offensive player but brings nothing else to the table; additionally he may have a personality issue or else Anaheim wouldn't be looking to move him.

every rumor has been false about Anaheim trying to move him, they all say basically the opposite.

So you can delete that last sentence

Reactions: go4hockey

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Easy no

I just feel he has the creativity to mesh with our core and help stir the drink more on offense but I'd be willing to give up a guy like ostlund and take protection off the first as he is what 24? And has the versatility to play wing or center not to mention we have helenius as a just drafted high end center prospect

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Easy no

Anaheim isn't looking to move him, how are people still not getting this?

Seravelli started this whole thing by talking out of his ass, speculating that the Ducks may shop Zegras because they moved his little buddy Drysdale. Lebrun then squashed that by saying the Ducks have not been offering him to anyone. Everything since has been crappy clickbait blogs speculating. There is zero reason to trade this player for a pile of lesser assets

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015
Anaheim isn't looking to move him, how are people still not getting this?

Seravelli started this whole thing by talking out of his ass, speculating that the Ducks may shop Zegras because they moved his little buddy Drysdale. Lebrun then squashed that by saying the Ducks have not been offering him to anyone. Everything since has been crappy clickbait blogs speculating. There is zero reason to trade this player for a pile of lesser assets

Then in that case it obviously makes it a mute point does it not?

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Why are you coming at me like I started the thread? I simply said there were articles out there that say the ducks have "Serious interest in Zegras". I didn't say any of them were not clickbait or came from any respected source...just that they existed.

Calm the f*** down.

No one called you any names, don't be so defensive. Anything being labelled a rumor here has to come from a reputable source, hence why this thread has already been changed from rumor to speculation, a bunch of clickbait bullshit does not qualify as a rumor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad