Proposal: Zegras for Guhle, 1 for 1

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Neither Xhekaj or Hutson is ready to play 20+ minutes a game and face top competition. Hutson was fun to watch but he still has a lot to learn, especially positioning and stick work. He's still very raw.

Struble, Harris and Trudeau are good NHLer but will most likely remain bottom pairing guys. I wouldn't be confident having one of them play in my top 4.

Buium & Silayev are years away from being capable to make that kind of impact at the NHL level and Dickinson is a righty.
Dickinson is a LHD, and he's the player closest to be NHL ready in that whole draft after Celebrini.

Could be NHL ready as soon as 2025.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
A top pairing Dman at 22yo will always have more value than a unidimensionnal primadonna top6 winger

Ekholm has more value than a guy like Drouin
My bad I didn’t know guhle was top pairing

Picks a low end comp for zegras and prob best case scenario for guhle…. Typical Canadians fan

Oddly enough you see more Canadian fans willing/wanting to move guhle than ducks fans willing/wanting to move zegras.

Maybe some fans don’t see guhle as top pairing

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
very funny how you described these two players. absolutely no bias whatsoever. like i said, this thread is just gonna be Habs fans taking pot shots at Zegras, so thanks for proving my point

ask yourself

Chris pronger
Or
Daigle

It’s really that simple

Reactions: dracom

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
My bad I didn’t know guhle was top pairing

Picks a low end comp for zegras and prob best case scenario for guhle…. Typical Canadians fan

Oddly enough you see more Canadian fans willing/wanting to move guhle than ducks fans willing/wanting to move zegras.

Maybe some fans don’t see guhle as top pairing
Maybe not top pairing, but if we move Guhle I hope it's not for Zegras.
I'm not sure if Zegras can be a top 6 center on a contender, but I know Guhle can be a top 4 D on a contender.
Zegras has elite skills, but there's a but....

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Every team would love to have Zegras but for this Habs fan I would not pay Ghule for him. Ghule should be our top 2 or 3 D for a long time. We need to build around him and find top 6 players elsewhere.

Habs fan are also traumatized by the Gomez for Mcdonagh and Sergachev for Drouin trade.
It's also longer to develop defenseman than forwards.
Making that trade would potentially push our window a bit.

Groundhog Day with these terrible threads
I don't think this one is a bad thread at all. Even if I'm not making that trade personnally and I saw a lot of Ducks fan not interested as well.
I think it's a hockey trade with 2 very high quality pieces.

If it were on the table, I would certainly think about it.

If the team made that trade, I wouldn't be pissed off, even if I would've gone a different direction.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
No to Zegras for Guhle.
Would you guys do Guhle for McTavish?

If the answer is No, then now you know how we feel when the offer is Zegras for Guhle.

Cept not 1 duck fan has offered zegras or mctavish for guhle…. It’s always Canadian fans offering guhle for zegras and Anaheim not really being into it.

So no that isn’t exactly how you feel.

LHD isn’t exactly appealing to us, and we can still go lhd at draft.

Reactions: dirtydanglez

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
You trade Hutson for Zegras or a guy like Perfetti or McGroarty

Yoi draft Buium or dickinson at 5, get bigger on D with similar upside, better in your top 6 and trade the 26 for more help
Im a big risk guy so id rather keep the boom or bust prospect in hutson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad