Proposal: Zegras for Guhle, 1 for 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Montreal needs another top 6 forward that fits their young core. Zegras is one of Caufield's best friends.

Anaheim needs another solid young D that can play on the right side and eat solid defensive minutes. Guhle is a LHD but played almost half the season on the right.

Who says no? Fair?

I think something happens at the draft for Zegras.

Reactions: asd1 and Dog

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Arguably one of the dumbest arguements on these boards.

The you can or can’t win with players that havnt played playoff games lol
I've seen too many flashy superstars do nothing in the playoffs and zegras isn't even a star yet

Meanwhile defensive 2 way beasts like forsling excel in high stake games

Give me the forsling over the marner without a doubt

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Similar type of players both lesser for sure

I don’t even think they are similar types of players, but doesn’t change the fact that neither player has played a playoff game so we have no idea if you can win with them, or if they perform better in the playoffs.

There are plenty of 2 way dmen that don’t do much come playoff time, and there are skill guys that do well in the playoffs.

It’s fine to say you’d prefer to keep guhle as he fits more with what you want for the team, but making up reasons that don’t exist with the 2 players in question is what id consider dumb.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
For the Habs it would be more of a draft floor type of trade.

If Demidov and Lindstrom are both picked in the top four then yes I would trade Guhle for Zegras straight up. Then go ahead and draft one of Levshunov, Dickinson or Buium.

Zegras and Levshunov / Dickinson / Buium

Or

Guhle and Iginla / Sennecke / Catton / Helenius / Eiserman

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

If Demidov and Lindstrom are both picked in the top four then yes I would trade Guhle for Zegras straight up. Then go ahead and draft one of Levshunov, Dickinson or Buium.

Or

Ya I can’t see habs really making a move without seeing how the picks fall…. And honestly I’d say anaheims in same boat…. If Demidov is there at 3, might make zegras expendable for d help.

Reactions: lwvs84

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I've seen too many flashy superstars do nothing in the playoffs and zegras isn't even a star yet

Meanwhile defensive 2 way beasts like forsling excel in high stake games

Give me the forsling over the marner without a doubt
Sounds like you're really mischaracterizing both Zegras and Guhle.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I don’t even think they are similar types of players, but doesn’t change the fact that neither player has played a playoff game so we have no idea if you can win with them, or if they perform better in the playoffs.

There are plenty of 2 way dmen that don’t do much come playoff time, and there are skill guys that do well in the playoffs.

It’s fine to say you’d prefer to keep guhle as he fits more with what you want for the team, but making up reasons that don’t exist with the 2 players in question is what id consider dumb.
Clearly I was talking in general and not specifics

No shit anything can happen :laugh:

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Montreal needs another top 6 forward that fits their young core. Zegras is one of Caufield's best friends.

Anaheim needs another solid young D that can play on the right side and eat solid defensive minutes. Guhle is a LHD but played almost half the season on the right.

Who says no? Fair?

I think something happens at the draft for Zegras.

I think Guhle is more important to the Canadiens right now than Zegras would be.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014

Or

At that point I would keep Guhle and trade the 5OA for Zegras

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad