Rumor: Zayne Parekh facing possible lengthy suspension after alleged incident involving a fan

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
I tweeted at some of the guys who cover the Flames to see if there is any truth to this rumor, so we will see i f anyone replies.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
The is super irresponsible "reporting". A Soo fan account began the rumor with essentially zero proof. Someone then picked up that tweet and wrote up a speculative article on a trash site earlier today. Someone then started posting the link to the article in the OHL threads. The link to the article was removed for not being a trusted source. Others have picked up on that original article as true without doing proper vetting. All of this at this point is people pretending to be reporters and latching onto a super sensational headline.

I ask others to be please WAIT and see what actually happened, if anything did or what led to it.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
The is super irresponsible "reporting". A Soo fan account began the rumor with essentially zero proof. Someone then picked up that tweet and wrote up a speculative article on a trash site earlier today. Someone then started posting the link to the article in the OHL threads. The link to the article was removed for not being a trusted source. Others have picked up on that original article as true without doing proper vetting. All of this at this point is people pretending to be reporters and latching onto a super sensational headline.

I ask others to be please WAIT and see what actually happened, if anything did or what led to it.
There is a reason I was extremely clear about this being just a rumor and very clearly stated there were no reputable sources.

So no, it is no "super irresponsible reporting"... there is no harm in discussing a rumor of an incident.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
There is a reason I was extremely clear about this being just a rumor and very clearly stated there were no reputable sources.

So no, it is no "super irresponsible reporting"... there is no harm in discussing a rumor of an incident.
I heard a rumor you like to kick puppies. No solid leads yet but you know. Something to talk about.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
If the racial component is true, I wouldn't blame him. Anyway, let's see how this plays out. It's all speculation for now.

I heard a rumor you like to kick puppies. No solid leads yet but you know. Something to talk about.

Why is this comment remotely necessary? The OP is just reporting a rumour that has become widespread. You're just trying to make a false equivalency. He didn't make up the rumour nor assume it to be true.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
If the racial component is true, I wouldn't blame him. Anyway, let's see how this plays out. It's all speculation for now.

Why is this comment remotely necessary? The OP is just reporting a rumour that has become widespread. You're just trying to make a false equivalency. He didn't make up the rumour nor assume it to be true.
I didn't make up the rumor that OP kicks puppies or assume that it's true. Just reporting on it.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Speaking of irresponsible reporting... The Win Column has an "article" up with a sensationalist clickbaity headline citing it's a "report"

Now if I had done that... then you can call me irresponsible

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Speaking of irresponsible reporting... The Win Column has an "article" up with a sensationalist clickbaity headline citing it's a "report"

Now if I had done that... then you can call me irresponsible
My point is you are also going off the same non information that the Win Column is using.

The fact is, people see headlines like this and assume it's true because the articles have the veneer of looking professional. Claiming Zayne attacked a fan and is going to get a 10 game suspension is a very serious thing that shouldn't be treated with the same type of scrutiny as a rumor about a player signing. I am not claiming what happened one way or the other. I'm simply saying you should have waited until all this has been settled before posting.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
My point is you are also going off the same non information that the Win Column is using.

The fact is, people see headlines like this and assume it's true because the articles have the veneer of looking professional. Claiming Zayne attacked a fan and is going to get a 10 game suspension is a very serious thing that shouldn't be treated with the same type of scrutiny as a rumor about a player signing. I am not claiming what happened one way or the other. I'm simply saying you should have waited until all this has been settled before posting.
It's a f***ing discussion board, if you don't like discussion, you're in the wrong f***ing place

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad