Rumor: Canucks confirm that Zadorov will be hitting the market on July 1

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
It’s going to be interesting where he lands. Most think he’ll take the biggest bag of cash, and that’s fine. You only have so many years of earning potential. Doesn’t mean someone doesn’t care about winning either. Just means they have other priorities as well.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
He's a # 4/5 defenseman that had a good playoffs. He had 14 points while averaging 17 minutes a night in the regular season. . Not exactly the guy who should back up the Brink's truck for.

Wish him the best but buyer beware if you're expecting a Top 4 guy that can play 20+ minutes a night.

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
The Canucks have like 16m in space, they could have signed Zadorov to whatever he wanted.

Alvin chose to not match their ask, and this could very well be a public play to pressure the Zadorov camp into accepting whatever they offered.
They have a gaping hole on RW and now one on D. Why blow it all on overpaying a bottom pair D instead of using 15 million to sign 2-3 players to fill those spots. What if signing him messed up their chances of signing Guentzel?

• Wow
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
He was a force in the playoffs but that was a month of good play when most of his career he's been pretty much a good bottom-pairing guy.

He's always been prone to bad decision-making but he was really locked in in the playoffs

Perhaps he learned a thing or two from Foote and Gonchar in Vancouver and is going to carry on that play, if so he'll be worth his next contract. But it's quite the gamble.

Reactions: bh53

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
They have a gaping hole on RW and now one on D. Why blow it all on overpaying a bottom pair D instead of using 15 million to sign 2-3 players to fill those spots. What if signing him messed up their chances of signing Guentzel?

I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm responding to a person who assumed that Zadorov wants to leave and this is just Alvin saving face when realistically if they were desperate to keep Zadorov they could have.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I love the guy, but if it's at the point where they're walking away...it's not a pricetag i'd be willing to pay. You can find guys similar enough elsewhere.

It's like...Ryan Graves is sitting out there in Pittsburgh as a disaster contract that they'd probably like to move. Is he really that different a player from Zadorov? And that's at $4.5M. If Zaddy is asking for more...you just can't do it.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
These f***in GM's man......so dumb with the shit they say sometimes.

Insulting to the player insinuating he's not worth what he's asking. Just say you couldn't reach a deal...plus it's not like this guy or everyother GM has never 'overpaid' for a player.
He is pissed, Zadorov was a key member for us in the playoffs, talked about how he wanted to stay, did not want to leave, loves it here, family loves it here.

Guys like Myers, Joshua, Hronek all staying and mostly signing under projections.
Offered him apparently 4.75m x 4/5, which is more than fair, and decided to play hardball for what another 500k?

He is pissed, clearly want's the most money, and that's fine, no problem there, but our GM has every right to be agitated as well with the situation.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
The Canucks GM is smarter than the last guy. Zadorov is not THAT desperately needed.
Allvin is playing it smart, I wanted Zadorov also, I said i am willing to give him 5.25 x 5.
I was fine with overpaying him, but clearly the canucks front office has standards, stratagy and a plan for each player and won't waiver completely.

Which honestly in the long run is the smart thing 2 do.

Some gm's throw out the absolute worst contracts to keep players, Allvin clearly want's to be smart here

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Soucy is way better than Myers and Soucy
GQ12ewdW4AAyHxU.jpg

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
He is pissed, Zadorov was a key member for us in the playoffs, talked about how he wanted to stay, did not want to leave, loves it here, family loves it here.

Guys like Myers, Joshua, Hronek all staying and mostly signing under projections.
Offered him apparently 4.75m x 4/5, which is more than fair, and decided to play hardball for what another 500k?

He is pissed, clearly want's the most money, and that's fine, no problem there, but our GM has every right to be agitated as well with the situation.
5X5 was the fair number. He'll get more than that in UFA. You're asking the guy to leave likely 11M on the table. I think if you offered 5X5 it would have been fair as he'd be leaving 5M on the table instead of 11M. Add in those brutal BC taxes and it's not a hometown discount, it's a hometown pillaging.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
5X5 was the fair number. He'll get more than that in UFA. You're asking the guy to leave likely 11M on the table. I think if you offered 5X5 it would have been fair as he'd be leaving 5M on the table instead of 11M. Add in those brutal BC taxes and it's not a hometown discount, it's a hometown pillaging.
I wonder if 5x5 would even get it done honestly, I don't see allvin saying no for another .250k

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad