Confirmed with Link: Zadorov to Calgary for Toronto's 3rd round pick

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
They'll probably have to move him. They're going to sign McCabe (apparently), they still need to re-sign Hagel and Nylander. Even with Shaw going to LTIR, it'll be tight. Probably more tight than they'd like.

Plus Stan won't use Shaw's LTIR in the off season, he just doesn't do that. They'll have to trade someone if they want to sign others.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
His contract demands ended his stay here.....greed F**K.....if we still have the space to do it, we should buy out DeHaan and sign McCabe (as rumored).

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Ohhhhhhh, so the "best poster on HF" winner, and self-proclaimed "asked to be a writer on here" is going to follow me around eh? I feel so special. Kinda like you do when your Mom sends the meatloaf down to the basement.

I never mentioned anything regarding Zadorov and the cap, btw. My point was that more moves were going to be made. Bowman wasn't done.

I know... reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.

The only point that could be derived from your dribble of a post is that moving Zadorov somehow impacts their cap situation. It doesn't.

As to the bolded, perhaps you should stop making bad points and then insulting people who correct you. And then compounding that by going to another thread and making another bad point.

What's the rule again big guy? Three letters.

Reactions: Muffinalt

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
Does this mean de Haan stays ?

less likely to be traded ?

Don't think this changes anything with DeHaan, especially if we are signing McCabe as rumored. If they add McCabe, you have McCabe, Caleb Jones, Kalynuk, and Stillman as lefty D before even getting into DeHaan or Beaudin. DeHaan can play RD which might be good to push Mitchell to get some seasoning

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
The guy would be GOLD,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,If he had a brain or stayed off the VODKA

Reactions: HLLYWD99

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Well I'm glad we recovered a 3rd round pick since Stan stupidly traded one for Harding.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
The only point that could be derived from your dribble of a post is that moving Zadorov somehow impacts their cap situation. It doesn't.

As to the bolded, perhaps you should stop making bad points and then insulting people who correct you. And then compounding that by going to another thread and making another bad point.

Sounds good lil buddy.

Reactions: HockeySensible

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Yes CdH stays because nobody wants him in a trade and Stan said no buyouts contemplated.

Our 1st D pair will be
Cdh +Seth Jones= -16 + -18 ....good luck MAF behind that "top pair" "shutdown D"...

But now that Stan has abandoned the Slow re-build to more more win now and re-build on the fly mode,perhaps some will be bought out extra cap space.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

CapFriendly could be wrong....I guess.

Oh look... there ARE cap implications. I'm shocked the expert wasn't aware!

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Imagine being Seattle and not flipping Zadorov for a 3rd.

...John Quenneville lmao :laugh:

Yeah this is the part I don't get. Zadorov was never going to fetch a big return, but why not pick him knowing you can move him for a pick? Like Quenneville is an FA there is no value there unless you really want him for your AHL team or think he's underrated and plan to play him?

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Oh look... there ARE cap implications. I'm shocked the expert wasn't aware!

To be fair, I wasn't aware of that. The best part about it? There's zero chance you knew that either, yet your gloating like it makes your original post less bad. Good grief.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
To be fair, I wasn't aware of that. The best part about it? There's zero chance you knew that either, yet your gloating like it makes your original post less bad. Good grief.

Actually I was 100% aware of a QO impacting the cap, considering it had an impact back in the day when Tallon botched the QOs. Again, I wasn't referencing Zadorov's cap hit with my post. My point, again, was that Bowman wasn't done, yet people were jumping from ledges about being right back in "cap hell".

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Actually I was 100% aware of a QO impacting the cap, considering it had an impact back in the day when Tallon botched the QOs. Again, I wasn't referencing Zadorov's cap hit with my post. My point, again, was that Bowman wasn't done, yet people were jumping from ledges about being right back in "cap hell".

Dude, your immediate response to my comment didn't mention anything about Zadorov's caphit counting towards CHI's cap, despite that being the point of contention and you just happened to bring it up after you clearly saw the tweet posted by Capfriendly after the deal was announced on twitter.

If it makes you feel vindicated, good for you. Unlike you, I'm not afraid to admit when I'm wrong.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Dude, your immediate response to my comment didn't mention anything about Zadorov's caphit counting towards CHI's cap, despite that being the point of contention and you just happened to bring it up after you clearly saw the tweet posted by Capfriendly after the deal was announced on twitter.

If it makes you feel vindicated, good for you. Unlike you, I'm not afraid to admit when I'm wrong.

Lol. Since you've been around so long(lol) despite no one who HAS been here remembering anything about you outside of the last 6 months, I happily admit I'm wrong when I'm wrong. Just ask around.

And again, you struggle with reading comprehension. My post never mentioned Zadorov, or his cap hit.

And on that note, I'm done with the bullshit on my end. Moving on.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Lol. Since you've been around so long(lol) despite no one who HAS been here remembering anything about you outside of the last 6 months, I happily admit I'm wrong when I'm wrong. Just ask around.

And again, you struggle with reading comprehension. My post never mentioned Zadorov, or his cap hit.

We're in a thread discussing Nikita Zadorov friend. I'm glad you're done, this was sad from the outset bud.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

To be fair, hockeysensible used to post here a lot. Good prospects guy.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Good.

He’s not a good hockey player.

It was a bad trade, rather see the team admit it and move on than double down on a mistake for the sake of optics.

Reactions: HockeySensible

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad