Prospect Info: Zack Ostapchuk

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
To be fair, I think the chances we don’t need a RD in three years are slim to none. Jensen is going to age out, Zub will be 32 and JBD probably won’t be around, and if he is, he’ll be a bottom pairing guy.

The likelihood that we’re going to acquire not one but two guys better than Yak (assuming he pans out) is super low given the RD market. Sens are betting on Yakemchuk being a top pair RD. They are virtually never available via trade.
Agreed, we have needed a good top 4 RD for some time & will again as Jensen & then Zub eventually age out. We may have another good one in Hoyt Stanley RD, he was terrific at development camp this yr & looks much more mature & polished. Same applys for Andonovski LD.

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
Agreed, we have needed a good top 4 RD for some time & will again as Jensen & then Zub eventually age out. We may have another good one in Hoyt Stanley RD, he was terrific at development camp this yr & looks much more mature & polished. Same applys for Andonovski LD.
Yeah, honestly I am not a fan of the way teams draft for need, but virtually every team in the top 10 did it. In the end some will regret it, hopefully we got it right with Yakemchuk.

Our D in particular is going to change A LOT in the next few years imo, so some of our prospects panning out will be very important.

I just realized this is the Ostapchuk thread… lol. I think he’ll be on the team by the end of the season if he doesn’t start here.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
I view Ostapchuk similar to Formenton, he has good size, is a pretty good fast skater (not as fast as Formenton) & can play a rough game. What's better is that he can play either centre or left wing, he hits more & is probably a better fighter. He brings some much needed size to the bottom six & can play the PK & block shots or go to the net & screen the goalie. While he may never score a lot of goals he has powerforward potential. He could be a complimentary player that does all the dirty work on a line with two goal scorers, I think he is going to be a great player for Ott.
I think he will make complimentary players better.

Reactions: Bjornar Moxnes

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Stanley's strength is his transition skills which is very promising.

Reactions: aragorn

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I think Crooked is ahead on the depth chart compared to Ostapchuk. Better point producer and I like Crookshank's forecheck/motor. But I could be wrong and only watch occasional highlights from belleville.

Any bsens fans got thoughts on how close those two are?
Ostapchuk is a much better defenisve player. I don't think they are built for the same roles. O, has the make up if a 4th liner. Plays a big heavy, hard game..Ultimately he made Kastelic expendable. I don't see a scenario he doesn't start the year on the sens unless they go out and get another veteran 4th line style player. Crookshank has a good motor but his defenisve awareness is weak he is also undersized. I don't see him as an NHL player unless he gets alot better away from the puck. Ostapchuk is already very good positional and defrnisvely.

Reactions: dumbdick

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Is ostapchuk has a big offseason gets a little wider he could be fourth line this year. I can see him and Gregor building a nice partnership

Reactions: PlayersLtd

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
Ostapchuk and Gregor could be a very effective fourth line duo. Love the sound of that.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Any draft pick from this year will not play any substantial roll for at least 3 years. Will they NEED a RHD in 3 years? Who knows. We shall see, but I am not betting on Yakemchuck being the 2nd best defenseman taking in this draft.
Good thing for you he was taken third then.
Edit: should of went and looked first, instead of relying on memory, went second.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad