Player Discussion: Zach Bogosian

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
If only we had a young RHS defender in Syracuse to test in NHL action.

We do and he's playing 20+ a night in all situations. Syracuse is on fire and looking like they may make the playoffs again. He's almost reached last years point totals already and should pass then easily. Sure it would be nice for him to test the NHL but I rather throw a warm body like Bogosian on the 3rd pair getting 12 minutes a night then Foote when he can get double that in Syracuse.

Reactions: RussianGuyovich

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
BOGOs skating is an affront to my senses, and his timing has been off, but other than that he’s been a perfectly serviceable defense depth addition. His play will undoubtably be better suited for the playoffs, which coupled with his extreme overpayment, is why buffalo fans hated him.
I like him. Hope that’s not too controversial of an opinion for forums poster Randy “macho man” savage.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Aside from that bad penalty yesterday, I thought Bogosian looked pretty good all things considered. He isn't without faults but you can see that he has some ability at both ends of the rink, and actually believes in himself to make some plays. Sometimes it comes back to bite him in the ass, but he isn't as limited a player as someone like Schenn, for example. I like the addition for our depth, idk about anyone else but he has met my expectations so far.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Aside from that bad penalty yesterday, I thought Bogosian looked pretty good all things considered. He isn't without faults but you can see that he has some ability at both ends of the rink, and actually believes in himself to make some plays. Sometimes it comes back to bite him in the ass, but he isn't as limited a player as someone like Schenn, for example. I like the addition for our depth, idk about anyone else but he has met my expectations so far.
i liked him throwing that guy down a few times lol

im ok with that or that type of penalty here and there it sets a statement :) as see led to skirmishes then a fight etc...

is a tone we were missing out of in past.... dont want to see it every game but once in awhile?? im ok with that type of thing lol

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
i cant see bogo stealing any time unless we want to be physical and play 7 with him and schenn vs someone etc..

was his best game but he still leaves a lot to be desired and ill take rutta every day of week over bogo

serge was impressive tonight he wouldnt fight chara but maybe cooper said dont cause needed him he stepped up big time another notch in his belt what a year for the kid

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Bogosian earned his contract last night and stepping up big time. Another big physical dman that will drop the gloves never hurts to add for free. He is better than Gaunce. He can fill the bottom line if needed. He didn't play for like 3 months.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Been a great partner with Hedman so far, definitely plays the simple game that suites Hedman the best. Should look into bringing him back, I don't think he'll be expensive.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Been a great partner with Hedman so far, definitely plays the simple game that suites Hedman the best. Should look into bringing him back, I don't think he'll be expensive.

Not that it's saying much, but he arguably proved more in one game than Shattenkirk has all season -AND is likely to cost less. Easy choice to make if you ask me.

Hockey4Life91

Mar 13, 2018
I want to add my support for Bogo, too. He was great. Very noticeable. Reliable. Smart with the puck. And be plays a very heavy, physical game. He reminds me of a far upgraded version of Dotchin 2015 - wonderful compliment for Hedman. His addition is huge for the playoffs. By contrast, Shatty was often a liability out there.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
That was his first career playoff game, no? Good for him. 44+ with 7 shots, no special teams assignments, and was generally a pain in the ass to deal with anytime he was on the ice.

Reactions: More 2004

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Welcome to your first playoff game and way to use that body. BOGO was dishing it out last night. We need more guys that bring that physical game and intensity every game. I told everyone he was a great depth signing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad