YZERMAN: "We’re building a nucleus of young prospects that are going to be part of this team."

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
I don't always agree with McKeen's but they're reputable. This list also came out before we drafted MBN. I don't see how we aren't a top 3 prospect pool in the league currently

We have sneaky good talent + depth at every position including wing where we've added MBN in addition to Mazur, who would be about our 8th or 9th best prospect. He would be a 4th or 5th best prospect on many teams. Below are my top 8 Red Wing prospects

C: Danielson (2), Kasper (6)
W: Brandsegg-Nygard (5), Mazur (8)
D: Edvinsson (1), Sandin-Pellikka (3)
G: Cossa (4), Augustine (7)
Just curious, why do you have ASP over Danielson?

cjeagle

Jul 10, 2016
Chicago
I don't always agree with McKeen's but they're reputable. This list also came out before we drafted MBN. I don't see how we aren't a top 3 prospect pool in the league currently

We have sneaky good talent + depth at every position including wing where we've added MBN in addition to Mazur, who would be about our 8th or 9th best prospect. He would be a 4th or 5th best prospect on many teams. Below are my top 8 Red Wing prospects

C: Danielson (2), Kasper (6)
W: Brandsegg-Nygard (5), Mazur (8)
D: Edvinsson (1), Sandin-Pellikka (3)
G: Cossa (4), Augustine (7)
I have Augustine #1 based on his record with the US national team

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
I have Augustine #1 based on his record with the US national team
Honestly his D+1 is exactly everything we could have asked for out of a 2nd round pick. I think ranking him 7th is doing him a real disservice but due to the uncertainty of goalies and his young age I had to bump him down. His size at 'only' 6'1 does not worry me. He's had a high pedigree for a long time and is already fulfilling his promise

Would not surprise me if he ended up "better" than Cossa and I'm a big Cossa supporter

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Sorry I meant the other way around? ASP seems like Karlsson lite. Danielson I'm not as sure.
Have watched 10+ games of both last season and watched them very closely

ASP is a huge wild card understandably. Personally I have him ahead of Cossa and MBN which I'm also very high on because his talent is special. He utilizes the tightest spaces to create plays and he's seeing the ice a couple steps ahead. He thinks quick, moves quick, shoots quick, and passes quick. The hands/feet deception and the coordination in his skillset is unbelievable

He fell in the draft due to his defensive passiveness and tendency to get mucked around in the corners and in front of the net. He showed very promising strides last season with. As he continues under Lids and Kronner's close eye, I believe this extra season is going to be a boon for him in unlocking his overall game as he transitions to smaller ice

Danielson I'm obviously very outspoken on around here. I genuinely believe this player will be a two-way #1C in this league and a complete pain in the ass to play against. At the very least, he's closer to a potential #1C than he is a #3C. I think we have a total gem with him

I'm a huge believer in a player's immediate progress, particularly in their D+1. I'm not just talking about the stats. I want to see the player begin to adjust his play and challenge his own way of seeing the ice, making plays, working to tilt the ice the other way, and overcoming shortcomings. I watched both Danielson and ASP take very promising strides last season in that regard. I've seen the same with our others forwards and defensemen drafted in Round 1. I expect a big year from MBN too

Ultimately, I think Danielson has the better chance at hitting his potential and I think he impacts the game in a greater fashion than ASP will, hence my ranking. But man, ASP becoming even Fox-lite would be special for us

Last edited:
Reactions: Henkka

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad