GDT: YST G1 | Oilers vs. Canucks | 8:30PM | Streamed

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Slepyshev was listed at 194 in the KHL..

That's a crazy gain...

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
My only ask for this game is that everyone comes out of it healthy. The results ultimately don't matter at all, the last thing either team needs is for any of these kids to get hurt before the main camp even starts.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
A few thoughts:

I thought Drai wasn't eligible for the tourney cause he played too many games in the league last year to be considered a rookie this season.

Guess this is the first time we get to see Cassels shut down McDavid :sarcasm:

Score goals. Hit the bodies.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Good day, Oiler fans. Pumped for tonight, hope it's a good clean game. :)

The morning skate for the Canucks has yielded the following line combos;

Oilers offer the rights to prospect Daniil Zharkov for future considerations in hopes to complete this rosters third line. Zharkov-Zhukenov-Zalewski would be much better for everyone.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
A few thoughts:

I thought Drai wasn't eligible for the tourney cause he played too many games in the league last year to be considered a rookie this season.

Guess this is the first time we get to see Cassels shut down McDavid :sarcasm:

Theres no eligibilty rules. Its team decision. The Oilers could bring Yak, Klefbom, Yakimov, Reinhart etc etc

For a guy like Yakimov, hes pro proven, so better to let lesser guys get a shot. For LD they want to see more out of him to decide if hes NHL ready

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
TIGEEYx.gif

****in' rights!

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Browsing through an old McDavid thread on the Prospects board starting from when he gained Exceptional Status, I'm still in disbelief that we got him and tonight is when it all begins.

We are about to enter into a very special era of Oilers hockey (in a good way, not the previous version of "special"), one of which very few fanbases get to experience so lets savor this and remember where it all began. Surreal

On another note, really looking forward to watching the Slepyshev-Draisaitl pairing. I find it interesting that they are starting Drai at center, I wonder if they continue that into the preseason.

Anyway, lets get this party started.

<modedit>

Last edited by a moderator:

hmminvisiblecola1279

there are kids in it
Jul 9, 2002
no thanks
Visit site
Looking forward to having hockey back and most of all the Oilers kids about to rip it up tonight. Looking forward to watching them all tonight but I admit I will be focusing a lot on Nurse and Slepyshev. Just ****ing happy as punch the major turnaround for this team moving forward. :yo:

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Browsing through an old McDavid thread on the Prospects board starting from when he gained Exceptional Status, I'm still in disbelief that we got him and tonight is when it all begins.

We are about to enter into a very special era of Oilers hockey (in a good way, not the previous version of "special"), one of which very few fanbases get to experience so lets savor this and remember where it all began. Surreal

On another note, really looking forward to watching the Slepyshev-Draisaitl pairing. I find it interesting that they are starting Drai at center, I wonder if they continue that into the preseason.

Anyway, lets get this party started.
<modedit>

No babe threads!

Last edited by a moderator:

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
In honor of King McDavid, I'd like to pressure anyone with "Registered User" as their user title change it to "5-14-6-1"

Do eet.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Would someone please explain to me what "Hit Bodies" means? I need to be on the inside of this joke!

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Would someone please explain to me what "Hit Bodies" means? I need to be on the inside of this joke!

"If the coaches want me to score goals, I will score goals. If the coaches want to me to hit the bodies, I will hit the bodies"

- Anton "Hit the Bodies" Slepyshev

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
"If the coaches want me to score goals, I will score goals. If the coaches want to me to hit the bodies, I will hit the bodies"

- Anton "Hit the Bodies" Slepyshev

I tried to make this my signature, but I can't seem to find an option to do so. I'm assuming you have to have a shiny star next to your name to use a sig though. :rant:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad